Range Slaying?

Star.

Hi, I would like to train range along slayer. Help out?

i'm 99 Defence, 99 constitution, 88 ranged and 68 summoning. I will pot super defence and range potion.

What should of sget up should I sport?

I have a bandos plate and tassets that I will sell to buy armadyl. That give me a bit left over but I won't be able to afford ranger boots. I have not done RFD and will do the quest for Ava's accumulator.

Full slayer Helm

Amulet of Fury

Ava's Accumulator

Armadyl Chestplate

Armadyl Skirt

Archer Ring (Worth it?)

Dragon Boots

This okay?

I'm not sure what weapon to use. Is rune crossbow and broad bolts the best to use?

What should I not range slay?

I don't do: iron, steel, blue, black or mithril dragons, kalphites, aquanites, living rock people, black demons, jungle and desert strykewyrms, spiritual mages/rangers, suqahs, tzhaar, skeletal wyverns, sometimes greator demons, sometimes waterfiends if I don't want to find a saradomin sword.

For some reason, and I think it's because I haven't done a quest, I've never been assigned tasks such as ice strykewyrms, terror dogs, warped tortoises etc.

My reward points stay around the 1100 1400 mark so I can afford to cancel.

I am worried about going against Dark Beasts because I have to pray against these buggers and I guess I'd have to take loads of pots just to last a while.

Um, I had some other questions about food and tanking but it's late, I can't remember this post is maybe a mess.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I will be tanking some quests but I'll use a safespot for the ones I know of like hellhounds, gargoyles, nechs etc.

rc1tzc.png

I don't do: iron, steel, blue, black or mithril dragons, kalphites, aquanites, living rock people, black demons, jungle and desert strykewyrms, spiritual mages/rangers, suqahs, tzhaar, skeletal wyverns, sometimes greator demons, sometimes waterfiends if I don't want to find a saradomin sword.

Range Black Demons, Spiritual Mages, TzHaar, Greaters. You can cannon suqahs and living rocks (ranging them as well). Keep canceling miths, steels, irons. Cancel blues unless you feel like not banking the bones. You can cannon blacks. Cancel wyverns. Keep @ Hells, Greaters, Gargs, Nechs, Abyssals, Dark Beasts, Fire Giants, etc.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

Is that list in the quote suppose to be the things you do NOT range? If so I think you should strongly reconsider some of those tasks. Hell, half of them I would range slay even when I wasn't trying to get range experience. All the dragons are easily range capable and decent tasks to range nonetheless. Black demons, Greaters and Kalphites you can tank range + cannon. Suquah and Spirit mages are possible as well, never did them since melee was faster, but if you want range exp exclusively why not go for it. Aquanites are an easy range task as well, I use to kill them off task and use range frequently.

Sorry if, I was of no help, but that list of tasks you don't range, can be ranged pretty simply. Of course it will take longer than melee, but from my understanding you want range exp so why not give them a go.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Snakeskin or Rangers boots?

What is better than Karils ? (chest/legs)

Is it suffice to use Runexbow and broad bolts still?

( I am recently back as well)

Bdvo89.png

OL' SCHOOL CIRCA '01, YOU MAD BRO?

im not sure how prices have shifted in the last month but i prefer range boots and dhide cahaps over d boots and armadyl skirt mainly because for some tasks (at least at my level) tanking with platelegs is nessecairy.

and archer ring is worht it

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Don't buy the chestplate and buy ranger boots instead. Why?

Armadyl chestplate (or skirt): +3 ranged, +1 prayer over dragonhide, 16.8m

Ranger boots: +5 ranged over snakeskin, 16.3m

That being said wait until tomorrow to be sure ranger boots don't crash.

Armadyl Chestplate could also crash.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

Don't use dragon boots. At your level, you should easily be able to tank tasks in arma using a Bunyip, maybe a unicorn for the slightly higher level ones.

What is better than Karils ? (chest/legs)

Black d hide is

What about defense?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

If your going to tank, I don't know the stats off the top of my head, but I'm damned sure armadyl would be more useful.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

For some reason, and I think it's because I haven't done a quest, I've never been assigned tasks such as ice strykewyrms, terror dogs, warped tortoises etc.

My reward points stay around the 1100 1400 mark so I can afford to cancel.

What? If you're ranged slaying, you should definitely do blue and black dragons, aquanites (if they're unlocked), black demons (Taverly dungeon with a cannon), wyrms (easy), spirit mages (easy), tzhaar (Jad?), and greater demons. Use darts or knives on greater demons in Kuradal's dungeon.

You need to do Tale of the Muspah or something to access ice wyrms. Don't bother unlocking warped torts (rangeable) or terror dogs.

Use an unholy book for prayer. Always use eagle eye.

You should wait to see what new ranged armor comes out tomorrow before you do anything, though.

EDIT: Verac's skirt is a viable option for both melee defense and prayer bonus.

EDIT2:

Range Black Demons, Spiritual Mages, TzHaar, Greaters. You can cannon suqahs and living rocks (ranging them as well). Keep canceling miths, steels, irons. Cancel blues unless you feel like not banking the bones. You can cannon blacks. Cancel wyverns. Keep @ Hells, Greaters, Gargs, Nechs, Abyssals, Dark Beasts, Fire Giants, etc.

Ah ha, so the OP copied this post and put her name on it. :blink: I understand what he's saying. If you were going to maximize your exp gains (which you should, obviously), I would pretty much agree with MstrMonopoly.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

That list was things I just simply cancel when melee slaying.

I'll take what you've all said into consideration. I'll stop canceling some of those tasks too ;P

I'll won't buy anything yet though, wait for this update.

Thanks guys :thumbup:

EDIT: No he copied my post. I think he didn't know how to quote. :mrgreen:

rc1tzc.png

What about defense?

Ah I suppose so, but with enhanced excalibur and a decent shield I don't really see you needing much more defence on most tasks.

IMO if you can't tank without putting on a plateskirt, you should be praying.