MP3 Players

I'm kind of looking for one, NO IPODS though. I'm asking because I have no real basis where to start off with. [only owned one mp3 player ever]

Erm, prefereably with the ability to play video, a decent capacity [16 gb ?]

any suggestions ? thanks. :thumbup:

Creative Zen are pretty much the best of the market for picture and sound quality in me experience.

But in all honesty just get an ipod they are by far the most advance and adaptable mp3 player out there for a reasonable price. Plus in ipods you get SOOOOOOOOOOO much more capacity for your money. I mean 160gb ipod classic is like £193. For same price in any other mp3 player you're lucky to get 50gb

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Creative, if you aren't getting an iPod.

But like Paw_Claw said, you'd be better off with an iPod because you get a lot of capacity for your money, and it supports and wide(ish) range of formats.

Do you have a certain budget?

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

But like Paw_Claw said, you'd be better off with an iPod because you get a lot of capacity for your money, and it supports and wide(ish) range of formats.

Haha yeah, hopefully not past $200 AUD.

I just checked that Ipod Classic, 160GB is ... $318 - fuuuuu. Really, wide-ish range of formats ? I thought it was only m4v, mp4 etc...

EDIT:

and I think im going to need more than 16gb haha, just checked, in total all the music I currently have is about 60gb ... :lol:

Ipod supports like everything in music files accept really obscure ones.

Videos is a bit more picky, but less so than other brands.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Theres more than just teh classic. that plays videos...

The nano one with the long screen does. And there is the 80gb classic i believe.

2880_s.gif

[spoiler=Clans]Current Events Leader of Tal Shiar Alliance

Current Raid Leader of Wilderness Guardians

Current Old School Power Ranger of Team Power Rangers

Current Member of Clan Europe

Ex Member of Team Dark Legacy (R.I.P)

Ex Paladin of Old Age Militos Deci

Ex Leader of New Age Militos Deci

Ex Early Veteran of Pk Masters (R.I.P)

Haha yeah, hopefully not past $200 AUD.

I just checked that Ipod Classic, 160GB is ... $318 - fuuuuu. Really, wide-ish range of formats ? I thought it was only m4v, mp4 etc...

EDIT:

and I think im going to need more than 16gb haha, just checked, in total all the music I currently have is about 60gb ... :lol:

Search "Refurbished Apple products" in Google - it'll take you to a lesser known site that has some great deals on iPod's at (IMO) very reasonable prices.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Samsung have some decent ones, I've had two, only downside is they don't have a huge capacity. My last one was an 8gig Video one, got stolen though.

I kinda wish someone would make a decent ipod alternative, that's is at lest able to make the capacity...

rosssigfinal.jpg

I recommend SanDisk Sansa brand, I have an indestructible Clip, but it doesn't play videos; the Fuze (8GB) does, and so does the View (16GB). A friend has a Fuze that's been run over and still works. They also have built in FM radio, I believe.

EDIT: Both have expandable memory with mini-SDHC cards.

Search "Refurbished Apple products" in Google - it'll take you to a lesser known site that has some great deals on iPod's at (IMO) very reasonable prices.

This?

It's on the store's webpage. In any case, there are no iPod Classics available in the AU refurb store. If you want a lot of storage, that's how I would go, though. For flash media (32GB and under) I would go with the SanDisk MP3s, as others have suggested. I was going to suggest the education discount to you, but it doesn't affect the Classic. :(

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Creative Zen and Sandisk Sansa. Both MP3s that I have and they are very durable.

And stop with all that Ipod brainwash, it's not adaptable at all, seeing as it's Itunes only, and is one hell of a high price.

Creative Zen and Sandisk Sansa. Both MP3s that I have and they are very durable.

And stop with all that Ipod brainwash, it's not adaptable at all, seeing as it's Itunes only, and is one hell of a high price.

Neither of those options fill the capacity that he wants.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Both SanDisk video players have SD card slots, and those come in up to 32GB (maybe 64? dunno if those are out yet), so that's as close as you can get without buying a (dumb) iPod or an (overpriced) Zune.

It's on the store's webpage. In any case, there are no iPod Classics available in the AU refurb store. If you want a lot of storage, that's how I would go, though. For flash media (32GB and under) I would go with the SanDisk MP3s, as others have suggested. I was going to suggest the education discount to you, but it doesn't affect the Classic. :(

Yeah, I had a 4gb sandisk once, it was okay. I think I might just wait a while, not buy other stuff and purchase the Classic. Has the capacity for all of my music which is a plus.

You can get 64GB SD card's here.

Holy [cabbage], those are more expensive than the Ipod.

Maybe I won't be so cheap and shell out an extra $120. I was planning to buy another HDD, but I guess ... I dunno.

Do you realistically think you'll listen to all 64GB of that music? It's not worth getting a Classic unless you think you will. I'd just get a 32GB iPod Touch if I were you.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Both SanDisk video players have SD card slots, and those come in up to 32GB (maybe 64? dunno if those are out yet), so that's as close as you can get without buying a (dumb) iPod or an (overpriced) Zune.

I did, but in my book, the Zune falls under the same jurisdiction as iPods... (evil because of Microsoft... :roll: ) Even though I'll probably get one eventually.

I must admit that I was actually impressed by the original Zune (No idea about the latest one). I have a Creative Zen Stone mp3 player that works great though, I recommend it. (Although you'll need something with a larger capacity)

C2b6gs7.png