Jagex needs a follow block option....

blakdragon39

I was recently being followed by the most annoying thing ever...

He followed my for like 5 minutes, and I kept asking him why he was folliwng me... and he stayed totally silent the whole time. Until finally he said, "Give me something cool, and I'll stop following you." So I turned pricate chat to friends and changed worlds... kind of annoying, because I was in the middle of runecrafting :roll:

Anyways, I believe that Jagex should add a follow block option, that won't let anyone follow you. Makes life easier for a lot of us :)

I can only imagine how much better life would be for zezima :lol:

Blakdragon39.png

folo block? dude.... that must be the best idea i've heard in history.... i'd be in heaven when my membership runs out for a few days untiul i have to get it again... i say jagex should consider that

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Why do you care? just ignore it.

And if you want just take the noob into wildy, lol.

1690 total and unranked strength. Headed for 1800.

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

I like the irony (no wait, paradoxicality) in how there's a spelling error in this sig.

It is of no practical use. I reject this idea.

Usually when I am followed by low levels, I merely feel amused. If you feel strongly annoyed, you probably need to boost your EQ.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

This has been suggested so many times, but I don't think it's necessary. Being followed is not the worst thing in the world. Why not just confuse them? Say, "hey, if you stop following me I'll PM you in an hour, find you and give you a free rune weapon." Then you don't do that, obviously :)

lpinkus

I was recently being followed by the most annoying thing ever...

He followed my for like 5 minutes, and I kept asking him why he was folliwng me... and he stayed totally silent the whole time. Until finally he said, "Give me something cool, and I'll stop following you." So I turned pricate chat to friends and changed worlds... kind of annoying, because I was in the middle of runecrafting :roll:

Anyways, I believe that Jagex should add a follow block option, that won't let anyone follow you. Makes life easier for a lot of us :)

I can only imagine how much better life would be for zezima :lol:

#

lol

theres a funny little green button inside you brain which as a label reading.. "Ignore Noob" and did you know there is a neat little feature in-game called ignore? yeah. you put there name into it then you can't hear them say anything, if you get bothered by somebody following you in a game you should IGNORE him/her/it .

Agaisn't pures

It is of no practical use. I reject this idea.

Usually when I am followed by low levels, I merely feel amused. If you feel strongly annoyed, you probably need to boost your EQ.

you probably need to boot your IQ too, if you think EQ exists....

nah, just kidding. btw, if a noob is bothering you, why not have some fun with him?? how about acting like a total wierdo, talking to trees, and stuff like that?? how about walking through a place full of high lvl aggressive monsters?? to cut a long story short, there are loads of fun things you can do with a beg noob!! go ahead and explore em all! 8)

This has been suggested so many times, but I don't think it's necessary. Being followed is not the worst thing in the world. Why not just confuse them? Say, "hey, if you stop following me I'll PM you in an hour, find you and give you a free rune weapon." Then you don't do that, obviously :)

lpinkus

Thats a good idea.

Usually when someone follows me, which hardly ever happens. I just let them follow me they usually just say the same stuff, like nice lvls, or free stuff, or can you take me somewhere. I just find it funny that they want to waste time so i just continue what i am doing and let them waste their time.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

i want more noobs to follow me, but somehow i'm not as lucky as you guys. any tips?

its not really luck when it happened to me, i had just ran out of credit for members so i was on f2p training wc and mining/smithing. It's more likely to happen there because f2p players don't often see higher lvls and high skill lvls, so they get giddy and do stupid things.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

just 3 minutes ago i had some lvl 5 noob follow me he asked can you take me to near the wildy and i said ok and when we where half way in wild i said i need to go and i'll pm him find him and give him full rune. so i walked a little off (just so he can't see me) it was not my fult he got pk'd and attacked by choas darfs

*Edit*

Yeh so i did that he pm'd me and said i got killed can you kill the one that killed me and well i never heard him again (he also tryed to scam the pker o_0

i want more noobs to follow me, but somehow i'm not as lucky as you guys. any tips?

Here is an easy way to have low levels follow you.

Go to Lumbridge, shout "Giving out free stuff follow me!" and in less than a minute you'll have a parade of low levels behind you.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Dealing with low level unwanted followers....

Preferred method: - MPK them.

Find cluster of agressive monsters that are no longer agressive to you, lead follower into middle, pick up tinderbox and other items you may need.

Second method:

Use stairs, key access door, rune altar, or run through door and close it.

1. obtain items as follows:

white partyhat

abyssal whip

fire cape

obsidian/dragon shield

red mystic set OR full dragon

2. wear items

3. Go to lumby.

4. shout "SELLING ALL MY ITEMS!!!!!" (flashing, coloured or styles text can help)

5. walk away.

if you do this right you should have 10~20 noobs on your tail! Best of luck and God help you

hmmm... besides the dark wizards circle, any suggestions for places where the monsters are very aggressive to unwanted noob followers?

I gotta be honest, I don't know if that really teaches someone a lesson about being noobly. Maybe for some, but others would just become bitter and start writing keyloggers :)

lpinkus

Guest mmortalone

yeah good idea :D :D :D :D

once had someone follow me from zogre to yanille waiting for me to "die" because i had orange splash lol

I think this is a nice idea, I don't get ppl following me for free stuff, but I do get the occasional "hitchhiker". You know, the "well you're going to faldor anyway so I'll just let you take me" kinda thing. I was doing Underground Pass last night and had this lvl 115 doing that in the agility maze at the end because "they "didn't want to have to have to click everywhere". I stopped and waited a minute until they moved on themselves. But that's annoying enough. If I can click on a computer screen so can they.

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]