High level farming?

AuburnFury

No reason to train on yew seeds. Do willows and pineapple trees and the highest profit herb you can plant. Make sure you do the quest to increase yield. The magic things forget what their called. That will get you more profit per herb patch. Also work your farming run into your daily routine for maximum efficiency. If you want to do multiple herb runs a day then more power to u.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

125k wat.

I was only basing this on "Mister Moocky" his/her (mis)calculations.

My mistake, it ends at 25% to 99. :rolleyes:

Nice ignoring of all the rest I said. :rolleyes:

Actually it ends with 'buckthorn', lvl 95 farming needed and a herb in dungeoneering.

(if you think dungeoneering is a minigame instead of a skill, okay, but that isn't an argument :wink: )

farmin is actualy incredibly fast xp/h

i do a combo run where i usualy profit about 250k, and get 54k farming xp in 12 minutes

now doing mages and palms and calquat you can get 135k xp in 10 minutes

the growing time shuoldnt be counted for the skills speed since u dont even have to be on while its happening, or u can train other skills...the actual planting/checking time vs the xp is as good as any top skill

as for the lvl 95 herb in daemonheim, its not realy too usefull, i mean yea making a few rejuv pots can be usefull for a boss but the real valuable farm lvl for dung is 84 for planting lyco

a_final_name.png

Well there is no high level farming however its always great to do herb runs. I do them multiple times a day. Got about 3 to 4m xp from herbs and the rest of trees and stuff. Im 15.5m or something I forget.

Its better to have the cabbage ring, ectophial and ardougne achievement diary cape for quick runs.

You can also go get lunar spellbook for a quicker teleport to catherby but I find seers village just as good however lunar has supercompost spell which is brilliant.

I prefer normal spellbook for day to day activities though so I dont use lunar personally. I dont know how long it takes but the runs are extremely fast and the xp isnt half bad.

To get to 99 you pretty much ganna need to plant trees and accept it or spend alot of time on herbs.

It is a skill that has yet to be updated with high level stuff.

As everyone said, farming is a great skill that can be very profitable (or very expensive). Once you get the farming level you need for your quest cape, just start doing herb runs and forgo the trees. It's a very, very nice supplementary income. It's how I was able to afford powerslaying.

EDIT: We definitely need some high-level farming content though. :(

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Outside of dungeoneering it's not very useful.

Inside dungeoneering, weeding the doors and being able to grown buckthorn is very useful.

Horriblely expensive though.

You have to grow trees if you want make it there in 5 years.

Herbs are optional and even if you plant out all the allotments in watermelons/torstols its only 20k xp.

The money you get is pitiful, maybe 100k-150k every harvest cycle if nothing dies.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

The money you get is pitiful, maybe 100k-150k every harvest cycle if nothing dies.

For quite some time I am writing down my harvests (133 "cycles" for now) and it appears that the average herbs I get from 1 cycle is 33 herbs (regardless if the seeds are dead, since it's a long-run test). With the current price of snapdragons this is 160k PROFIT* per trip, or 160k for 7-8 minutes of work.

Profit = Herbs*0.95 (lowest price) - Supercomposts - Seeds*1.05(highest price)*4.5(I have Scroll of Life)

For quite some time I am writing down my harvests (133 "cycles" for now) and it appears that the average herbs I get from 1 cycle is 33 herbs (regardless if the seeds are dead, since it's a long-run test). With the current price of snapdragons this is 160k PROFIT (herbs - seeds - supercomposts) per trip, or 160k for 7-8 minutes of work.

torstol runs ive had dozens where i made over 1m, and yes im counting the price of seed, thats profit im talking about

with scroll of life and an average tortsol run u make 300k, on a bad one you make nothing but get 8k xp, and on a good run u make about 700k, my worst run i lost 150k, and my best run ever i made 1.3m, screenied it for proof and its one of my many 1m+ runs

its pretty good for 5 mins of work, and 10k xp for just herbs is fine by me

i do pineapple + calquat, it costs 80k and gets you 37k xp so thats great daily run

i also do poison ivy, no payments involved, if you use wolpertinger + cb brace + ardy cape + etc spirit tree + ardy tabs, the entire run is 30k guarunteed profit, 5k xp, and takes literaly 2 minutes, all 4 patchs can be teled to within a 5 second run and it takes 10 seconds to pick and replant

a_final_name.png

I decided last week I would like another 90+ non-combat skill and I picked farming.

Before this I only did the occasional herb run.

Now I do maples, pineapples, poison ivy bushes and a herb run. I have gained almost two levels in a week. I should get 87 farming today.

Maples were quite nice, because I could get two runs in on a day. Pineapples were a big disappointment because they seemed to take forever, much longer than their official growing time. I only check them once a day now and do not try to shorten the cycle.

Herb runs give a lot of experience as well. I was on holiday so I could do several herb runs per day. I was growing dwarf weed (192xp) on the regular patches and torstol (225xp?) on my arm's patch.

I haven't sold anything yet and last time I checked the total harvest was worth more than 10M gp. That's a bit what I invested but I haven't used up all th seeds up I have bought by far.

Now that I am back at work I am limited to a single run per day. And maybe one extra herb run. It's still adding up nicely. I shouldn't take too long to get past 90 even with the relaxed schedule.

I am actually enjoying the farm runs. They don't take too long, and once they are done, I go do something else.

I feel that leveling farming is relatively fast, requires relatively a little effort, and is definitely profitable. Even with spending a decent amount of money on maple and pineapple seeds.

And I think it is fun.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

I'm finishing that awesome skill at the moment (arround 150k xp left).

I banked and farmed every seed i could gather along my slayer carrer. Of course i kept only higher ones. For a long time i turned miscellania on mapples for at least 8 workers.

i did toadflax + limps almost all the way when i didn't have my own seeds + miscellania trees i gathered.

herbs and limps i got in extra stock (those i had left after i got the nests) were sold at ge for more seeds and so on.

I kept all my "high" (fruit)tree seeds for the last level to speed it up on the ending : that was a very right decision. 1.2m xp in very few time at no cost is ok.

That way i finished herblore two days before (thanks boss hunting cash) and i'll end farm in the next 48h.

All in all farm didn't cost me a penny. It even brought me cash.

Since my herblore is done, farm is gonna be a strong cash maker for me with very little effort and play time.

conclusion : i took the very long way to farm but with no cost. now i'll use it for a comfort cash maker.

Edit : Woot, today i'll hit 99 farm. I throwed my magic seeds and many other tree ones in GE for a nice 16M and a nice bank clearage.

Oh baby light the dark side...

Herbs are optional and even if you plant out all the allotments in watermelons/torstols its only 20k xp.

That's not very pitiful for many runescape players. For me, it's better than nothing, and for average rs player, it can be considered good.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

if you want to maximize XP and still make cash you should grow watermelons and ranarrs. i did it from 62-69 i believe.. its very fast exp and you'll still make at least 150k per run. make sure you also harvest that cactus!

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]