Is Herbelore any good?

o_ztejas_o

Wondering if I should use herbs I farm to make pots or just sell. I don't mind getting free herb exp, but is there anything useful about herbelore?

No I'm not one of those people who gets a stat really high just "for the hell of it" if this helps in what you post at all.

Runescape is a game, if you aren't having fun then don't play, if you can't stop playing then quit.

Add this to your sig if you've seen every "new" skill released.

Depends on how much money you have/are willing to spend. Overloads and extremes are awesome, but require very high levels. You can't profit from it, really. It's worth cleaning the herbs from farming, but if you ever want to train it just buy the herbs.

Paragon.png

The most useful thing I've gotten out of 99 Herblore/Farming is the fact I never have to do it again :)

All seeds and herbs are straight profit and the fact that potions are significanly cheaper than the cost to make em is so much sweeter. GOGO GE.

Really though, the Super anti-fire potions are pretty sick. The fact I can stab the hell out of dragons with a Zammy spear is awesome. (of course with extreme pots too :))

The money I get from selling my DFS (when I decide too) will be a good portion of the 95/99 long-term prayer goal I have.

Bdvo89.png

OL' SCHOOL CIRCA '01, YOU MAD BRO?

My point is that why don't I just sell the herbs and then buy whatever potions I need? I will lose a lot less money that way... And yes extremes are awesome, but 80+ herbelore is a loooooong way away.

Runescape is a game, if you aren't having fun then don't play, if you can't stop playing then quit.

Add this to your sig if you've seen every "new" skill released.

Not great till high levels, but you have to start somewhere. So I'd start working on it.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

if you are looking to get it to 90+, it is a great skill. otherwise its only good if you like to DIY

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

My point is that why don't I just sell the herbs and then buy whatever potions I need? I will lose a lot less money that way... And yes extremes are awesome, but 80+ herbelore is a loooooong way away.

You should farm the most profitable herb that you can, then sell it and buy more efficient herbs or potions for the actual training. As for whether or not herblore is useful -- it's probably the most useful skill in the game aside from magic and summoning. If you ever plan on doing any serious combat (including training slayer), you should invest in getting extremes at the very least.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

You should farm the most profitable herb that you can, then sell it and buy more efficient herbs or potions for the actual training. As for whether or not herblore is useful -- it's probably the most useful skill in the game aside from magic and summoning. If you ever plan on doing any serious combat (including training slayer), you should invest in getting extremes at the very least.

This

Except you forgot summoning in your list of usefullness :rolleyes:

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

This

Except you forgot summoning in your list of usefullness :rolleyes:

No I didn't. :huh:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

At a minimum, you should get enough herblore to do all the quests. (That's ~64.) Any lower than that and you need to train it.

Beyond that, you won't get much use out of the skill until you at least hit the level for super antifires.

Even thought it can be rather tedious, What I've done for the past 3 herblore levels since it costs so much to train doing potions was clean grimy kwuarms and sell back to the G.E, You don't loose as much, and it's possible to profit, Plus I use all Penguin points and lamps I come across on it... So I'm slowly getting there.

dzuz3d.jpg