Mosque at Ground Zero

fakeitormakeit2

No I'm not. They have a right to build there. I'm simply saying I, as well as others, don't want them there. Two different things, by far.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no. I said if it truly is random (your side of the story) why can't they go somewhere else? I don't think its random at all, and a lot of people agree with me as well.

i haven't read any of the discussion, miss-clicked and stumbled upon this post.

I just want to point out to you that what you're saying is: " just because it's a conspiracy theory doesn't mean it's not right".

No I'm not. They have a right to build there. I'm simply saying I, as well as others, don't want them there. Two different things, by far.

Why don't you want them there?

Yea, I can't tell if I'm being baited. But I'll take it.

Even if only on purely religion reasons: I'm Christian, I wouldn't support the building of any other religious center. Don't confuse that with hate of the religion, while the two are usually mixed in. I don't hate Muslims, while I only have two Muslim friends, I welcome them. But they support a competing religion, it's like supporting the opposing foot ball team in Hicksville Tennessee. People from up north (atheists/agnostics in this situation) will say what's the big deal, it's JUST A SPORT. However, to the ones down south (generally religious people) it's life or death. Now I'm not saying I would ever protest it, thats just in bad taste, and lets face it, gets nowhere. But if they asked for monetary donations, or if I had to vote, I'd politely decline.

On other reasons, again, I'll re-iterate. It's in bad taste. No one is denying the terrorists were Muslim, and Islam-motivated. And, no one is denying that they were extremists, and the majority of Muslims aren't like that. But here's the clincher, they are still Muslim. It's simply disrespectful, do they have the right to build there? As long as they get all of their permits approved, fine by me. But c'mon, it's disrespectful to the ones who lost their lives, no matter how unrelated.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Even if only on purely religion reasons: I'm Christian, I wouldn't support the building of any other religious center. Don't confuse that with hate of the religion, while the two are usually mixed in. I don't hate Muslims, while I only have two Muslim friends, I welcome them. But they support a competing religion, it's like supporting the opposing foot ball team in Hicksville Tennessee. People from up north (atheists/agnostics in this situation) will say what's the big deal, it's JUST A SPORT. However, to the ones down south (generally religious people) it's life or death. Now I'm not saying I would ever protest it, thats just in bad taste, and lets face it, gets nowhere. But if they asked for monetary donations, or if I had to vote, I'd politely decline.

Okay.

On other reasons, again, I'll re-iterate. It's in bad taste. No one is denying the terrorists were Muslim, and Islam-motivated. And, no one is denying that they were extremists, and the majority of Muslims aren't like that. But here's the clincher, they are still Muslim. It's simply disrespectful, do they have the right to build there? As long as they get all of their permits approved, fine by me. But c'mon, it's disrespectful to the ones who lost their lives, no matter how unrelated.

No. It is not disrespectful. To say so is to imply that all Muslims bear guilt for the attack.

so, following a Christian parallel here: Christianity is responsible for the IRA, thus no new churches should be built in Ireland, where countless IRA terrorist attacks in the name of Christianity have taken place during the last 50 years?

you're blaming someone who isn't responsible for the attacks. Islam isn't a "religion of hate" just like Christianity isn't propagandist and technology-hating (Amish comes to mind here).

I think you need to rationalize your anger here, and blame those who are to blame, not just someone that's easy to blame for something they're clearly not involved in.

and technology-hating (Amish comes to mind here).

Common misconception about the Amish, actually. They don't hate technology. More like they just eschew it in order to live a simpler lifestyle.

</digression>

so, following a Christian parallel here: Christianity is responsible for the IRA, thus no new churches should be built in Ireland, where countless IRA terrorist attacks in the name of Christianity have taken place during the last 50 years?

you're blaming someone who isn't responsible for the attacks. Islam isn't a "religion of hate" just like Christianity isn't propagandist and technology-hating (Amish comes to mind here).

I think you need to rationalize your anger here, and blame those who are to blame, not just someone that's easy to blame for something they're clearly not involved in.

There's no anger, and I said they weren't involved in my own post. wat. And you know what? if that's the case (which I know it is) maybe they shouldn't have any Christian churches built.

There's no anger, and I said they weren't involved in my own post. wat. And you know what? if that's the case (which I know it is) maybe they shouldn't have any Christian churches built.

You have strange reasoning. Because someone from the same group of people as you did something, your entire group is to blame and as such you will be restricted for actions outside of your control. That's horrible reasoning, that's restricting people's rights to avoid having to defend their rights to keep bias people, who blame people who aren't responsible, quiet. That's like me opposing the Deutscher Klub at school because even though I don't believe all German people didn't/don't support what the Nazis did, it is offensive to me as a Jew [which I am not].

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

Dude I don't even respond to your jibber jabber anymore. First you're a Muslim, then a Christian, then a Christian-Muslim. It's whatever. My reasoning is my reasoning, I posted it incase you were curious, not a need for validation.

Dude I don't even respond to your jibber jabber anymore. First you're a Muslim, then a Christian, then a Christian-Muslim. It's whatever. My reasoning is my reasoning, I posted it incase you were curious, not a need for validation.

I never said I was a Muslim or a "Christian-Muslim", simpleton, the only thing I said was your reasoning is flawed.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

I never said I was a Muslim or a "Christian-Muslim", simpleton, the only thing I said was your reasoning is flawed.

Hey, hey...we don't need to start calling people names. It's bad enough that this thread has become an argument running in circles between you and others. But do we really need to turn it into a flame war? If you want to sound convincing and want your point to be looked at from people with opposing views, the last thing you want to do is start calling names. The moment an argument turns to calling names it becomes nothing less than a pointless flame war.

So, can we continue an intelligent decision and not start a flame war?

And even then, who calls each other simpletons anymore, seriously?

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Simpleton? Whats with your 1800 era insults? I'm saying your posting style over the months has changed from side to side. I can read quite well, but I'll admit, this high horse you're on, because you know, you're Tip.its ONLY Maronite Scholar is quite bizarre. Like your insight is the only valid one. Did you directly say that? No, but [bleep] I can't even tell if you're trolling or not, quit... Just quit it. Look I'm even lost for words.

To sum up a one paragraph post:

First you're for Muslims

Then against

Then you're for Christians

Then against

Then anyone who disagrees, is ignorant. Or just has a different intellectual point of view.

Simpleton? Whats with your 1800 era insults? I'm saying your posting style over the months has changed from side to side. I can read quite well, but I'll admit, this high horse you're on, because you know, you're Tip.its ONLY Maronite Scholar is quite bizarre. Like your insight is the only valid one. Did you directly say that? No, but [bleep] I can't even tell if you're trolling or not, quit... Just quit it. Look I'm even lost for words.

To sum up a one paragraph post:

First you're for Muslims

Then against

Then you're for Christians

Then against

Then anyone who disagrees, is ignorant. Or just has a different intellectual point of view.

I personally have thought he's trolling the whole time but haven't felt like getting in between you and him. And the fact that he continually insults people who oppose him is not helping him at all. Why don't we clean the slate and discuss this once again minus the little war going on?

And this is nothing against you Saruman, I just think that this is becoming ridiculous and agree with your summing up of his actions.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Dang you're good.

Still islam is a violent religion if you want to get technical. I'm sure i could find a picture of some guy blowing himself into 1 billion pieces in a market square to set an example.

Low_C.png

And I'm sure that I can find a picture of a Christian dude doing some crazy [cabbage] too. There's idiots in every walk of life.

True, true, which is why we need to atleast generalize someones feelings towards this ordeal. What do you think the majority of New Yorkers feel like? I recently watched the news and seen a Muslim Taxi Driver got shot and I seen a muslim center in Tennessee got vandalized. People obviously don't want this center so close to the one of the few sites of attacks on american soil.

Low_C.png

And I'm sure that I can find a picture of a Christian dude doing some crazy [cabbage] too. There's idiots in every walk of life.

You're exactly right. The next question is, should the amount matter? If one wiccan, 15 Christians, 45 Muslims, and 89 Taoists (don't ask) total all blow them up, couldn't it be fair to say Taoism is the most violent religion? And I mean over a period of time, not like mass suicide bombings.

westboro.jpg

Whose God?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪