Mosque at Ground Zero

fakeitormakeit2

I found this kind of funny, it sounds like a paranoid person making up stats then trying to sound educated: http://www.danielpipes.org/comments/72047

One little excerpt: "I'm sure that some will respond that polls have shown American Muslims to be more peaceful in general than Muslims worldwide. I don't accept that. Muslims are mandated by their religion to lie to "the infidel" (ie all non-Muslims) about their goals and their beliefs and anything else that can give them an advantage."

A kafir (infidel) in the Qu'ran refers to "heathens" i.e. people who don't believe in God, pagans, evil people, etc. Furthermore the Qu'ran tells Muslims to be kind towards Ahl Al Ktaab (People of the Book), which are Jews, Christians, Sabians and Zoroastrians.

These kind of things being written express the true ignorance and fear of things we aren't familiar with in America.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this kind of funny, it sounds like a paranoid person making up stats then trying to sound educated: http://www.danielpipes.org/comments/72047

One little excerpt: "I'm sure that some will respond that polls have shown American Muslims to be more peaceful in general than Muslims worldwide. I don't accept that. Muslims are mandated by their religion to lie to "the infidel" (ie all non-Muslims) about their goals and their beliefs and anything else that can give them an advantage."

A kafir (infidel) in the Qu'ran refers to "heathens" i.e. people who don't believe in God, pagans, evil people, etc. Furthermore the Qu'ran tells Muslims to be kind towards Ahl Al Ktaab (People of the Book), which are Jews, Christians, Sabians and Zoroastrians.

These kind of things being written express the true ignorance and fear of things we aren't familiar with in America.

Yeah, that is ridiculous.

But even to be fair, the guy said there are 300k Muslims who WANT to blow up America. But then he goes on to act like there are 300k that WILL blow it up.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

This whole thing is stupid. It's a community center with a mosque in it. It isn't an extremist headquarters. Who cares if some Muslims go there and pray?

New York City is a huge place with 8 million+ LIVING there, not including the millions more that visit, there's bound to be people of ALL religions there and Muslims shouldn't be denied their right to pray properly.

It's pathetic to think that this country is so consumed and worried about a damn mosque. Plus, how do the Muslims, who hate America or not, on the other side of the globe have ANYTHING to do with THIS mosque? This isn't for them, it is for the Muslims HERE.

#61 Maxim Afinogenov :]

It's ok, I'm a Bills, Sabres, and Mets fan...I'm used to disappointment.

Jakerdang.png

This whole thing is stupid. It's a community center with a mosque in it. It isn't an extremist headquarters. Who cares if some Muslims go there and pray?

New York City is a huge place with 8 million+ LIVING there, not including the millions more that visit, there's bound to be people of ALL religions there and Muslims shouldn't be denied their right to pray properly.

It's pathetic to think that this country is so consumed and worried about a damn mosque. Plus, how do the Muslims, who hate America or not, on the other side of the globe have ANYTHING to do with THIS mosque? This isn't for them, it is for the Muslims HERE.

Foreign donations - Muslims from the middle east will be funding the construction of this mosque.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Foreign donations - Muslims from the middle east will be funding the construction of this mosque.

So nobody should worry about it unless the extremists are there and doing something dangerous.

#61 Maxim Afinogenov :]

It's ok, I'm a Bills, Sabres, and Mets fan...I'm used to disappointment.

Jakerdang.png

Money that will be going towards maintaining the equipment in the community center and paying the workers.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

AMG NOT THE MIDDLE EAST, THEY'RE MOST DEFIANTLY EXTREMISTS IT'S NOT LIKE THEY MIGHT HAVE MISSIONARIES TO TRY AND SPREAD ISLAM LIKE CHRISTIANITY DOES THEY JUST WANNA KILL US ALL OMGWTFBBQ. >_<

If you think the other way than stop bringing it up. If you disagree with me, that's completely fine, but pick a side.

AMG NOT THE MIDDLE EAST, THEY'RE MOST DEFIANTLY EXTREMISTS IT'S NOT LIKE THEY MIGHT HAVE MISSIONARIES TO TRY AND SPREAD ISLAM LIKE CHRISTIANITY DOES THEY JUST WANNA KILL US ALL OMGWTFBBQ. >_<

If you think the other way than stop bringing it up. If you disagree with me, that's completely fine, but pick a side.

All I was doing was answering his question, which was to ask how middle eastern Muslims have anything to do with this mosque. I replied through foreign donations, which is fact.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

America’s enemies in Afghanistan are delighted by the vehement public opposition to the proposed “Ground Zero mosque.” The backlash against the project has drawn the heaviest e-mail response ever on jihadi Web sites, Zabihullah claims—far bigger even than France’s ban on burqas earlier this year. (That was big, he recalls: “We received many e-mails asking for advice on how Muslims should react to the hijab ban, and how they can punish France.”) This time the target is America itself. “We are getting even more messages of support and solidarity on the mosque issue and questions about how to fight back against this outrage.”

Zabihullah also claims that the issue is such a propaganda windfall—so tailor-made to show how “anti-Islamic” America is—that it now heads the list of talking points in Taliban meetings with fighters, villagers, and potential recruits. “We talk about how America tortures with waterboarding, about the cruel confinement of Muslims in wire cages in Guantánamo, about the killing of innocent women and children in air attacks—and now America gives us another gift with its street protests to prevent a mosque from being built in New York,” Zabihullah says. “Showing reality always makes the best propaganda.”

The Taliban vs. the Mosque

America fails so hard to understand these basic concepts.

Eh, I'm not about to look through 20 pages, but considering the arguments from all sides, I say that all sides for and against the mosque outside this forum just fail completely and should be destroyed. All of them seem terrible.

I still think that this whole thing is overblown beyond reason. This should have died off a few weeks ago.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

What do you guys think about what this guy is saying ?

and to a lesser extent -

I agree with the point I'm pretty sure he's trying to make in the videos, or at least my take on them. It's not the freedom of religoin, they can build a mosque anywhere else in the world. but why THERE. It's no secret the attacks were carried out and encouraged by Muslims. And he's exactly right about the Cordoba house. Could we all be wrong? Sure. But could we all be exactly right? And what if we are? Those arguing it's a community center, why just make a non religious one that serves the community just as well?

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Eh, I'm not about to look through 20 pages, but considering the arguments from all sides, I say that all sides for and against the mosque outside this forum just fail completely and should be destroyed. All of them seem terrible.

I still think that this whole thing is overblown beyond reason.

Yeah, honestly, I find it offensive that there's a controversy at all. It's like if I saw people debating whether girls should be allowed to enroll in public schools or whether they're too stupid to learn anything and their proper place is in the home. Basically like, " :-# , <_< , #-o , :thumbdown: , :wall: ".

Serj Tankian (System of a Down) sums this whole discussion up pretty well:

Something like this would only be an issue in America. Most people in the world recognize the difference between a whole religion and a group of terrorists. Not Pat Buchanan nor Sara Palin though apparently.

Source

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

ok well for me, and everyone I know irl who has an issue with it, we can all compartmentalize. I completely understand that they may not be the terrorists itself. But the fact that its so close to the towers, and calling it a Cordoba house is where my issues lie. The Cordoba house? The [bleep]?

ok well for me, and everyone I know irl who has an issue with it, we can all compartmentalize. I completely understand that they may not be the terrorists itself. But the fact that its so close to the towers, and calling it a Cordoba house is where my issues lie. The Cordoba house? The [bleep]?

They changed the name as soon as the unfortunate implications were pointed out.

The fact that it is so close to the towers means absolutely nothing at all. You could just as well say, "But the fact that it's so close to the McDonald's is where my issues lie." Ground Zero has zero relation to this building aside from its proximity. It's just a random unrelated place it happens to be close to.

They changed the name as soon as the unfortunate implications were pointed out.

The fact that it is so close to the towers means absolutely nothing at all. You could just as well say, "But the fact that it's so close to the McDonald's is where my issues lie." Ground Zero has zero relation to this building aside from its proximity. It's just a random unrelated place it happens to be close to.

Ok. I wasn't aware they changed the name, so I guess I'll concede that point. *shrugs*

But if it's so random, why can't they choose a different place? They have no automatic "right" to build there. They have a right to build somewhere, but not there.

But if it's so random, why can't they choose a different place? They have no automatic "right" to build there. They have a right to build somewhere, but not there.

If it's so random, why should they choose a different place?

Of course they have a right to build there. They bought the property, they got the permit. It's their property. End of story.

You'd rather they go out and build a giant community center on somebody else's land?

no. I said if it truly is random (your side of the story) why can't they go somewhere else? I don't think its random at all, and a lot of people agree with me as well.

no. I said if it truly is random (your side of the story) why can't they go somewhere else? I don't think its random at all, and a lot of people agree with me as well.

I meant that Ground Zero is a random location near the site of Park 51.

Why can't they go somewhere else? Because duh, it's their property. They bought the space. They paid for it. They got their permits. You're asking them to turn around, sell their land, buy another space somewhere else, and go through the whole process of obtaining building permits again, all for absolutely no reason at all? Sorry, but that's stupid and unreasonable.