Mosque at Ground Zero

fakeitormakeit2

Legally. No one said emotionally they have to accept them.

Right, which brings us back to the bigotry issue again.

is it bigotry? If the black people came into your apartment complex, slaughtered your women, and kidnapped your children? Would you still consider it bigotry? (Assuming you're talking about the same scenario I am)

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it bigotry? If the black people came into your apartment complex, slaughtered your women, and kidnapped your children? Would you still consider it bigotry? (Assuming you're talking about the same scenario I am)

I would consider it bigotry if the people moving in were completely unrelated to the people to the murderers except for the fact that they had the same skin color.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I would consider it bigotry if the people moving in were completely unrelated to the people to the murderers except for the fact that they had the same skin color.

Perhaps, but who's to say you wouldn't act exactly the same? Evolution is the highest bigot of all times, surely everyone has some bigotry.

*sigh* it's pathetic I even have to put this in here: no I am not supporting bigotry by saying it's inherent.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

You are rejecting one black person merely because another person of the same skin color committed a crime against you. Yes, that is bigotry.

Acknowledging the fact that Everyone's A Little Bit Racist doesn't make racism a valid premise for a reasonable argument.

You are rejecting one black person merely because another person of the same skin color committed a crime against you. Yes, that is bigotry.

Acknowledging the fact that Everyone's A Little Bit Racist doesn't make racism a valid premise for a reasonable argument.

Never said it did, (read above post) however, we can never know what particularly went on there, unless we were there. So we mustn't judge them.

Never said it did, (read above post) however, we can never know what particularly went on there, unless we were there. So we mustn't judge them.

It's a hypothetical situation we created. We do know what happened. The hypothetical neighborhood refuses to accept (legally or emotionally, whatever) a black family that moves in because they're not comfortable with blacks. I would absolutely judge that sentiment to be based in racial prejudice.

Saru, so much of what you said in the past couple posts is so illogical and poorly reasoned that I don't even know how to respond to your writings. I pity any teachers you have who have to read any of your essays because you have no understanding of logical devices, hypothetical scenarios, or claim and support in writing.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

It's a hypothetical situation we created. We do know what happened. The hypothetical neighborhood refuses to accept (legally or emotionally, whatever) a black family that moves in because they're not comfortable with blacks. I would absolutely judge that sentiment to be based in racial prejudice.

Sorry for the confusion, I agree with you in that they are using racial prejudice. But what I am arguing is while it's not acceptable, it's a part of human nature. And sometimes we just need to deal with it. And this is like, mad off topic.

Saru, so much of what you said in the past couple posts is so illogical and poorly reasoned that I don't even know how to respond to your writings. I pity any teachers you have who have to read any of your essays because you have no understanding of logical devices, hypothetical scenarios, or claim and support in writing.

Hash brownies work wonders :thumbup:

Sorry for the confusion, I agree with you in that they are using racial prejudice. But what I am arguing is while it's not acceptable, it's a part of human nature. And sometimes we just need to deal with it. And this is like, mad off topic.

1. You're saying it's not acceptable, and then you're turning right around and saying "it's a part of human nature and sometimes we just need to deal with it." i.e. accepting it. :huh: But I'm guessing you probably misspoke in there somewhere anyway so I'll assume that's not a good explanation of what you really think and I won't pursue it.

2. Replace "black" with "Muslim" zomg it was an analogy all along wow. <_<

1. You're saying it's not acceptable, and then you're turning right around and saying "it's a part of human nature and sometimes we just need to deal with it." i.e. accepting it. :huh: But I'm guessing you probably misspoke in there somewhere anyway so I'll assume that's not a good explanation of what you really think and I won't pursue it.

2. Replace "black" with "Muslim" zomg it was an analogy all along wow. <_<

HEY HEY HEY IS NOT NECESARRY HOW U DO LIKE THAT IN THIS PLACE FOR WHICH WE COMMUNICATE.

1) What I am saying, is that while it is not acceptable IT IS GOING TO HAVE ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, herp. And I it's perfectly rational for someone who's been through extreme situations to exercise it, derp.

2) It was a joke, like oh my god.

And I it's perfectly rational for someone who's been through extreme situations to exercise it, derp.

Normal, sure. Understandable, fine.

Rational, no.

Reasonable basis for a sound logical argument, absolutely not.

Saru, just stop making "jokes". They dont make any sense, and I have no idea how anything you said shows any evidence of joking.

Nobody understands wtf you are talking about.

You mean, you don't.

Saru, just stop making "jokes". They dont make any sense, and I have no idea how anything you said shows any evidence of joking.

Nobody understands wtf you are talking about.

You mean, you don't.

Case in point ^

And I it's perfectly rational for someone who's been through extreme situations to exercise it, derp.

Rational, no.

Ok. I made that "HEY HEY HEY" comment since, if I'm an idiot,I may as well talk like one.

2) Let's go back to this story.

You're in your house. Mexicans* come in. a [cabbage] load of them. They kill your family, enslave you and all your friends, in their pinto bean* cleaning tequila* making slave factory. (Since according to Magekillr I'm a racist, I may as well make racial stereotypes.) After 15 years of hell, you escape. And you're saying you would still trust Mexicans? I call bull [cabbage]. It's survival of the fittest, and you, would not last. Would you be a good person? Yep. You would be a good person. And inevitably you would be dead, because you'd run across the Mexican slave owner. Bam.

*Insert any race, and any two racial stereotypes above.

Are we talking about an extreme case? of course. Does this happen to everyday people/and or can this be used as an excuse for everyday people? Absolutely not.

*Side note I'm deciding to put in here: I said we were going off topic because I'm not discussing 9\11, I'm really just discussing Bigotry in general.*

Now to insert 9\11.

These things don't happen every day. 9\11 was a horrid event, and many many people there are scarred. I would personally know.*

So should they judge Muslims? I cannot answer that, since I have not been through it. I personally don't think I would, but I can't know that.

* A few places I answer for at my job, are mental clinics in NYC. And a lot of the patients (no bs, I can't disclose the exact effects due to HIPPA laws) have a lot of mental disorders due to it.

Rational, no.

Ok. I made that "HEY HEY HEY" comment since, if I'm an idiot,I may as well talk like one.

You're in your house. Mexicans* come in. a [cabbage] load of them. They kill your family, enslave you and all your friends, in their pinto bean* cleaning tequila* making slave factory. (Since according to Magekillr I'm a racist, I may as well make racial stereotypes.) After 15 years of hell, you escape. And you're saying you would still trust Mexicans? I call bull [cabbage]. It's survival of the fittest, and you, would not last. Would you be a good person? Yep. You would be a good person. And inevitably you would be dead, because you'd run across the Mexican slave owner. Bam.

Are we talking about an extreme case? of course. Does this happen to everyday people/and or can this be used as an excuse for everyday people? Absolutely not.

*Side note I'm deciding to put in here: I said we were going off topic because I'm not discussing 9\11, I'm really just discussing Bigotry in general.*

Now to insert 9\11.

These things don't happen every day. 9\11 was a horrid event, and many many people there are scarred. I would personally know.*

So should they judge Muslims? I cannot answer that, since I have not been through it. I personally don't think I would, but I can't know that.

* A few places I answer for at my job, are mental clinics in NYC. And a lot of the patients (no bs, I can't disclose the exact effects due to HIPPA laws) have a lot of mental disorders due to it.

And I'll say again, that still doesn't make it logical or rational. It's a misdirected emotional reaction to a memory of a tenuously associated event. It's not even anything close to approaching a reasonable basis for a sound logical argument.

Rational, no.

Now to insert 9\11.

And I'll say again, that still doesn't make it logical or rational. It's a misdirected emotional reaction to a memory of a tenuously associated event. It's not even anything close to approaching a reasonable basis for a sound logical argument.

But it does make it both logical AND rational. However, it doesn't make it RIGHT. They are two different actions, being right and being logical.

But it does make it both logical AND rational.

No. It doesn't, it isn't. Sorry, but I can only conclude that you don't understand what those words mean.

Logical

adj

1. relating to, used in, or characteristic of logic

2. using, according to, or deduced from the principles of logic: a logical conclusion

3. capable of or characterized by clear or valid reasoning

4. reasonable or necessary because of facts, events, etc: the logical candidate

5. computing of, performed by, used in, or relating to the logic circuits in a computer

Rational

adj

1. using reason or logic in thinking out a problem

2. in accordance with the principles of logic or reason; reasonable

3. of sound mind; sane: the patient seemed quite rational

4. endowed with the capacity to reason; capable of logical thought: man is a rational being

5. maths expressible as a ratio of two integers or polynomials: a rational number; a rational function

This scenario is more or less the opposite of logical and rational: a knee-jerk emotional reaction with no basis in logic, reason, or fact.

Rational, no.

Now to insert 9\11.

But it does make it both logical AND rational. However, it doesn't make it RIGHT. They are two different actions, being right and being logical.

You are confusing natural with rational and understandable with logical.

In addition, the extremists in the actual situation are a minority. Yes, if most Mexicans wanted me dead I'd be afraid of Mexicans, but most Muslims are not terrorists.

Rational, no.

Now to insert 9\11.

You are confusing natural with rational and understandable with logical.

In addition, the extremists in the actual situation are a minority. Yes, if most Mexicans wanted me dead I'd be afraid of Mexicans, but most Muslims are not terrorists.

Ok. Ummmm. I'm not, but there's really no point in debating this any further.

So, none of you have any idea what percentage of Muslims hate America?

If you want to criticize our best guess, then you should at least substitute the actual number or your best guess. If you refuse to do either then you're worse than us for only criticizing our perceived number.

This is honestly one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. Since you make ridiculous claims that you have no means to prove, you ask us to do your work for you. What you're asking for is for us to look as dumb as you by posting some number for a statistic that is simply unmeasurable. All people have diffferent beliefs, being a certain religion does not mean you necessarily share some common hatred with all others of your faith.

We can criticize your best guess without substituting one of our own because you're making a totally uneducated guess on a subject you really have little to no knowledge of. Neither you, nor me, nor anyone can make a reasonable guess on something that has no basis in rationality.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!