Mosque at Ground Zero

fakeitormakeit2

How in the world can you have an opinion over whether or not a certinan population exibits a certain trait?

That would be like saying "In MY OPINION, 98% of the people in the USA are Cuban and the rest are Russian"

You can't just have an opinion about anything.

I can have an opinion on anything and everything, on a slightest whim. I think most people are like me, too. You should try it sometime... start out with the words "I think", then speak whatever comes to mind. It makes opinions dangerous. Maybe we should ban them?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, I still do not believe that every single muslim, not even the majority harbor hate. Though I believe many many do (maybe 40-45% IN MY OPINION),

How in the world can you have an opinion over whether or not a certinan population exibits a certain trait?

That would be like saying "In MY OPINION, 98% of the people in the USA are Cuban and the rest are Russian"

... But I just did.

What I am saying is I believe that despite they say they are peaceful, I think otherwise.

That is the dumbest thing i've heard in a while.

Well at least it's not the dumbest thing you've read in a while!

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I can have an opinion on anything and everything, on a slightest whim. I think most people are like me, too. You should try it sometime... start out with the words "I think", then speak whatever comes to mind. It makes opinions dangerous. Maybe we should ban them?

Whether 40% of all Muslims hate America is not a matter of opinion. If you believe that, you are as objectively wrong as if you said you believe that an elephant is a type of cow. ;)

Whether 40% of all Muslims hate America is not a matter of opinion. If you believe that, you are as objectively wrong as if you said you believe that an elephant is a type of cow. ;)

Ok I can't speak for see's all (partly because seeing everything in the world is V difficult.) However as I previously stated nd was previously unread, and will now be further stated is. I don't think Islam is a religion of peace, and that is a perfectly good opinion. If you think its not a suitable opinion, well I will point you to the alt key, the f4 key, and the loaded shotgun on your table.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

So, what percentage of Muslims hate America then?

♪♪ And I'm not done

Quite a few, its not rare to see an american flag being burned over in the middle east.

lolracist

If I told my doctor that I think there are little green elephants living under my sink who are telling me how to behave, I would be evaluated for psychological disorders.

Or if I said "Doctor, in my opinion, all I need to get better is a few days outside in the snow with no clothes on" you would be considered an idiot. You can't just think anything you want to, call it an "opinion," and then win by default.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

If I told my doctor that I think there are little green elephants living under my sink who are telling me how to behave, I would be evaluated for psychological disorders.

Or if I said "Doctor, in my opinion, all I need to get better is a few days outside in the snow with no clothes on" you would be considered an idiot. You can't just think anything you want to, call it an "opinion," and then win by default.

You keep on posting this, equating religion with a mental illness. The only word I have in my capacity to describe that argument is asinine. Are you technically right? Absolutely, but the fact that the correlation was made, shows a deep lacking of understanding of Religion.

You keep on posting this, equating religion with a mental illness. The only word I have in my capacity to describe that argument is asinine. Are you technically right? Absolutely, but the fact that the correlation was made, shows a deep lacking of understanding of Religion.

How so?

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I still want to know, what percentage of Muslims hate America. 40% seems like a reasonable number, and I haven't seen a reputable source say otherwise.

♪♪ And I'm not done

I still want to know, what percentage of Muslims hate America. 40% seems like a reasonable number, and I haven't seen a reputable source say otherwise.

What reputable source told you it was 40%? Or did you just pull that number out of your ass?

jjroxlu7.jpg

Maybe you should go ask some Muslims at your local mosque. See if they laugh at you.

Seriously, you sound like a Stephen Colbert sketch. It's terrible. -.-

When you don't know the percentage, it doesn't give you the right to randomly estimate based on "evidence" that arrives on your TV set via biased sources.

You see, you have a problem because you are thinking "Man, to have an opinion on whether or not Muslims should be around America, I should know how many of them hate America!" A logical thought to have. Unfortunately, we just don't know, and we probably CANT know. So you can't say "Well I'm gonna assume that most muslims are dangerous and hate america, so I think they should stay away"

Nobody has any evidence for or against this stupid argument, because the bottom line is that we are trying to argue about two opposing religions and there is simply no logic, reason, or evidence that will solve this debate.

Myweponsgood.gif

As much as this is a an overused signature;

40% of statistics are made up 90% of the time in 4 out of 5 posts.

Don't act like you've never used an estimation. inb4 "no actually, I haven't, I research it all" OK OK OK OK OK

Don't act like you've never used an estimation. inb4 "no actually, I haven't, I research it all" OK OK OK OK OK

I use estimations all the time. When I teach kids, I can estimate that maybe 20% of the students I have taught actually make a full effort in their learnings. I have had an actual number of students, a few hundred, so I can think in my head and say "Hmmm, maybe like 80 of my 400 students demonstrated an earnest effort" This would be a perfectly fine situation to make an estimation.

On the other hand, a ridiculous "estimation" would be "Hmmm, I'm going to estimate that 40% of muslims hate america, based on the zero muslims that I am friends with, zero muslims I have ever talked with, and zero muslim worship sessions I have ever attended"

Its not an estimation if you have no evidence that influenced your number. It is a biased, random, irrational assumption.

Myweponsgood.gif

Seriously, you sound like a Stephen Colbert sketch. It's terrible. -.-

Except Stephen Colbert is funny.

And I agree that I want a reputable source for something like that.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

An estimation, unlike this 40% figure we're talking about, usually has some basis in fact.

To start with, here's a fact for you: almost 1/6 of the Muslim population live in Indonesia, a country that should have no particular grudge against America.

Flyingjj.png

An estimation, unlike this 40% figure we're talking about, usually has some basis in fact.

To start with, here's a fact for you: almost 1/6 of the Muslim population live in Indonesia, a country that should have no particular grudge against America.

Hey, I'm in charge of the fun facts department! :evil:

Fun fact: Yea I knew that...

Anyways, that's not what I'm saying. I'm not debating there's no quantitative evidence behind both See all's and my estimations, I'm only arguing the fact that most people here do it and not even realize.

That's now how sources work. You can't just say something like that and presume it to be correct until a reputable source tells you something totally unmeasurable is measured to a lesser degree.

Seems like there's a fair number of people in here spouting off loads of craps and then saying, "It's my opinion! I have opinions! I have the right to have opinions so I have them!" when people start to call them on their BS.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

That's now how sources work. You can't just say something like that and presume it to be correct until a reputable source tells you something totally unmeasurable is measured to a lesser degree.

Exactly. For instance: I believe that there is a flying magic teapot orbiting saturn. Since this teapot is magical, it makes itself so tiny that it cannot be seen by any telescope or satelite.

I havent seen any sources to deny this, so I guess I must be right.

Myweponsgood.gif

Exactly. For instance: I believe that there is a flying magic teapot orbiting saturn. Since this teapot is magical, it makes itself so tiny that it cannot be seen by any telescope or satelite.

No, your not right, but you could be. Your not wrong either, but you could be.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

And? The fact that I could be correct gives me the right to make random guesses and hold on to those beliefs? Not sure what youre getting at.

Myweponsgood.gif

And? The fact that I could be correct gives me the right to make random guesses and hold on to those beliefs? Not sure what youre getting at.

Pretty much.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

See, there's no evidence whatsoever to support your teapot theory.

While there's no evidence pointing to a specific percentile of Muslims who hate america, there is significant evidence to point out that a large number of Muslims do in fact hate america. I could look up the muslim populations of many countries in the middle east who are quite anti-american, and tell you that some of the people living there are anti-american. I can point to terrorist attacks, flag burnings, etc etc - this is concrete evidence that at least SOME Muslims do hate America.

I do agree though, that attempting to guess at a specific percentile is a little unfair.

Another issue here is the definition of "hating america". I'm sure there are some Muslims who greatly dislike america, but aren't radicals/jihadists who will strap on a suicide vest at the first opportunity. Likewise, I often find myself disliking certain aspects of america, but I'm not heading over there to blow stuff up, and many Muslims probably feel the same way.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti