There should be

Dire_Wolf

Actually, it's a 'pity'. Not a piety.

Nitpicking aside, that's true. However, there isn't much mage armor in the first place (Mystic is pretty much the only option, other than things like barrows, minigame rewards, quest rewards, etc.), which is its own issue. Especially given that F2P has like, two pieces of mage gear. Black/blue hat and skirt, essentially.

I can't see why blessed mystic would be bad. However, there are already three colors of mystic... Zamorak, Saradomin, and Armadyl are practically covered by black, blue, and white already. Well, Zamorak and Saradomin. Armadyl would be icy blue instead of gold.

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

Actually, it's a 'pity'. Not a piety.

Nitpicking aside, that's true. However, there isn't much mage armor in the first place (Mystic is pretty much the only option, other than things like barrows, minigame rewards, quest rewards, etc.), which is its own issue. Especially given that F2P has like, two pieces of mage gear. Black/blue hat and skirt, essentially.

I can't see why blessed mystic would be bad. However, there are already three colors of mystic... Zamorak, Saradomin, and Armadyl are practically covered by black, blue, and white already. Well, Zamorak and Saradomin. Armadyl would be icy blue instead of gold.

The coloured versions of mystic does not count as god items, so maybe it should?

they should have more mage armour

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

To be honest?

They should have mage armor.

Not mage robes.

Mages are pathetic defensively, and if you wear any armor to provide any defense at all, your offensive power plummets like a rock.

Look at melee, armor has fantastic defense, and clearly you can melee in melee armor. You can even melee in range armor. Even in Armadyl, you are pretty effective meleeing.

For range, range armor gives very good defense. You can even range in melee armor and be effective. Many people function as range tanks, wearing a mix of melee and range armor and still managing to destroy tough bosses.

But try to mage a boss in melee or range armor.

Try to Mage a boss besides Rex at all and your sad as heck. Also in theory shouldn't full mage armor have at least 100 melee defense and no range defense. Those stats just seem right to me taking in the fact that they can bind and freeze minimizing the hits taken.

Otherwise i'm not too sure about mage armor. I would rather have the ability to drain run energy

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

We do need more mage armor. However, I think not including minigames is rather unfair - F2P gets mage sets from FoG, and I don't believe getting the tokens for those are hard - members get infinity, which is a good mage set.

But yeah, we need good mage armor. Or maybe make the stun and weaken spells like 10x more powerful. I mean 10x.

I agree, a big problem with magic is, a long with having little defense on the robes, you NEED to wear the robes to have a COMBAT bonus. Melee gets ALL (or at least like 90%) of offensive and str bonus from it's weapons. Ranged has a good balance, about a 50/50 split of accuracy bonus from weapons vs armor. But range armor has GOOD defense (mage defense) which means between a top and a bow, you get good accuracy, mage defence, and you can still wear a barrow helm/leg and a shield for non-mage defense.

I remember trying to mage TDs....offensively, it worked well, but the lack of defense is what killed me. (Well, I didn't die, but still.)

Oh, not to mention 4 inventory spaces for surge spells, plus darklight and GS.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

If they were 10x more powerful, they could take your skill levels into the negatives :blink:

I personally don't agree with the concept of armoured robes, because it would make mage overpowered in multi combat. It could potentially make them overpowered in 1v1 as well because I have no problems maging meleers head on even though my melee def is only 49-50ish and my def is only 70. This is not counting our option to farcast, reduce attack (does help if you're mage tanking and if their super atk potted) , miasmic and sol spec.

With that being said; I do partially agree with the thread itself in that we do seem to be neglected when it comes to god trimmed robes. However, I noticed we did get them, (The prayer robes) I would prefer to be able to get trimed versions of more practical robes though.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree for the most part with more mage armor, and higher accuracy staves. Though I do think ancient magicks do in large part make up for some of the short comings magic has. Of course mages usually have extremely low defense to compensate for their ability to inflict massive damage, but last I checked it has the weakest max hit in 1v1 situations <_<. If it weren't for Ancients magic would clearly be underpowered as compared to other combat skills. Given that armors sometimes conduct magic, it might be dangerous for a mage to wear armor, they might cook them self inside their armor. Supposedly though the difficulty of mages wearing armor is the issue in making signs for their casts. Which should mean chain mail would barely interfere with casting, as it has no sleeves. I see no issue with armor for mages so long as it wouldn't impede the mobility of their arms.

In a world where your feet touch the ground, only giants have their heads in the clouds.

Support.

Would finally allow mages to GWD effectively (well, no, but w/e).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

There is blessed dragonhide and rune armor (Bandos, Zamorak, Saradomin, Guthix, Zaross and Armadyl), but no blessed mystic/magical armor. It's a piety that Jagex overlook wizards.

Perhaps we're overlooking the god vestments here? I'll give it to you that they have rather pathetic stats, sort of like the initiate of mage armour, but they are still there.

As for actual MAGE ARMOUR I agree completely. I've long looked at the combat triangle as in need of some extensions. Mages are supposed to destroy melee combatants but that just never happens. Jagex will always pull the "But mages can attack from a distance!" card but to be honest how often does that actually happen? Even when long-distance combat erupts it just ends up being a slugfest in a matter of time. I suppose if you coupled a staff of light special with some spirit shields and ice blitz/barrage.... but who has that kind of money anyways?

Makes me want to make a new thread about some much-needed combat triangle expansions -.-

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

"There is no good without sacrifice and no sacrifice without mercy"

There is blessed dragonhide and rune armor (Bandos, Zamorak, Saradomin, Guthix, Zaross and Armadyl), but no blessed mystic/magical armor. It's a piety that Jagex overlook wizards.

Perhaps we're overlooking the god vestments here? I'll give it to you that they have rather pathetic stats, sort of like the initiate of mage armour, but they are still there.

As for actual MAGE ARMOUR I agree completely. I've long looked at the combat triangle as in need of some extensions. Mages are supposed to destroy melee combatants but that just never happens. Jagex will always pull the "But mages can attack from a distance!" card but to be honest how often does that actually happen? Even when long-distance combat erupts it just ends up being a slugfest in a matter of time. I suppose if you coupled a staff of light special with some spirit shields and ice blitz/barrage.... but who has that kind of money anyways?

Makes me want to make a new thread about some much-needed combat triangle expansions -.-

Mage is still quite powerful in PVP, but it's a support skill rather than a standalone skill.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

I agree for the most part with more mage armor, and higher accuracy staves. Though I do think ancient magicks do in large part make up for some of the short comings magic has. Of course mages usually have extremely low defense to compensate for their ability to inflict massive damage, but last I checked it has the weakest max hit in 1v1 situations <_<. If it weren't for Ancients magic would clearly be underpowered as compared to other combat skills. Given that armors sometimes conduct magic, it might be dangerous for a mage to wear armor, they might cook them self inside their armor. Supposedly though the difficulty of mages wearing armor is the issue in making signs for their casts. Which should mean chain mail would barely interfere with casting, as it has no sleeves. I see no issue with armor for mages so long as it wouldn't impede the mobility of their arms.

I think the idea is that magic conducting armour around you makes it difficult to project the magic towards a target away from yourself, hence why armour doesn't impede non-combat magic. I think the basic principle of why magic should beat melee is that a mage should be able to bind his/her enemy on the spot, and then attack at a small distance, dealing large amounts of consistent damage, without much fear of being attacked at all. The lack of reasonable melee defence shouldn't matter against a melee using opponent.

The problem is that although the dealing damage part is sound, the binding part is not very well supported with cool-down limits and limitations. The act of moving away from your enemy will probably lose you a combat turn, which makes binding spells even less effective. A short distance instant teleport, Hobgoblin Geomancer style, would be good.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest?

Not mage robes.

Mages are pathetic defensively, and if you wear any armor to provide any defense at all, your offensive power plummets like a rock.

Look at melee, armor has fantastic defense, and clearly you can melee in melee armor. You can even melee in range armor. Even in Armadyl, you are pretty effective meleeing.

For range, range armor gives very good defense. You can even range in melee armor and be effective. Many people function as range tanks, wearing a mix of melee and range armor and still managing to destroy tough bosses.

Try using blessed spirit shield and instead of a mage top switch it with maybe bandos top or karil leather body it makes a big diffence in my eyes

envy_to_lust.png Lust_to_Envy.png

To be honest?

Not mage robes.

Try using blessed spirit shield and instead of a mage top switch it with maybe bandos top or karil leather body it makes a big diffence in my eyes

But those aren't magic armors...

People can use range armor (eg. dragonhide) as viable armor defensively.

People can use melee armor as viable armor defensively.

People can use magic armor to get cut open like butter.