Are there any bosses that I can solo?

DarkerFalz

So all of my friends are going to solo Bandos a bunch, and they're mostly lower leveled than me.

My question is, can I solo any boss efficiently with my stats?

Darker_Falz.png

If not, what stats should I get, and what gear? I've got ~19m to play around with, in cash, and I've got a dfs, whip, zammy spear, range/melee void, torso, karil's top/bottom, rune def, verac skirt, black dragonhide top/bottom, torag's top, SW cape, Nezzy helm.

I'm willing to raise my combat stats (excluding prayer, at the moment) to get the levels to solo efficiently.

My experience with bosses:

Bandos: I tried a solo here, but I kinda failed (died while the boss was at half hp).

TDs: I can get ~3 kills a trip, but that may be because I fail at pray switching and whatnot.

Mole: Durrr. Easy boss.

KBD: No idea how well I can do on him, haven't tried in a while.

Zamorak: Been to him in masses a few times, got nothing all that good.

Armadyl: Never been there.

Saradomin: Can't get there.

Corp: Been there once in a mass, left after the first kill.

DKs: No ide what to do, what levels I need, or what.

KQ: Been there in a mass once.

grammar2gr8dx.png

darker_falz.png

i just tell everyone to td. the reason you get so few kills is because there is a learning curve... it takes many trips to get good at tds. i would say i was not good at them until after four claw solos... and that was probably 1k kills or more.

it takes a while to get comfortable with the F keys, be able to switch your weapons while focusing on the TD, etc.

how many times have you gone there?

fishing.gif

By going by the question in the title, no, you can't solo any boss efficiently, you'd need extremes at least to do so(for range bosses), overloads and turmoil for efficient melee solos, and obviously the best chaotic for that boss.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Adding to what xpx said, you need a yak to succeed at DKS/frost dragons and a unicorn at most other places.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Don't solo TDs with a unicorn, that just wastes a ton of time. Do Slayer until you hit 99 melees and 99 summoning, then get dungeoneering to 80 for a chaotic weapon, then you can actually start to kill bosses effectively.

2496 Completionist

Don't solo TDs with a unicorn, that just wastes a ton of time. Do Slayer until you hit 99 melees and 99 summoning, then get dungeoneering to 80 for a chaotic weapon, then you can actually start to kill bosses effectively.

I really don't see how that can be called a waste of time..

I can camp there for 2 full unicorns bringing no food, without overloads or chaotic wearing void, whip, zammy book and rune c bow broad bolts. Thats alot of kills and pretty good income, having solo'd 5 d claws.

I really don't see how that can be called a waste of time..

I can camp there for 2 full unicorns bringing no food, without overloads or chaotic wearing void, whip, zammy book and rune c bow broad bolts. Thats alot of kills and pretty good income, having solo'd 5 d claws.

It might be good, but not efficient, there is a major difference. To be efficient you need to have the best boosts available and meet the minimum requirements(as in, you don't need to be maxed melee, but certainly all 92+ or so). Any newb can solo 2-3 graar in a trip, but soloing 20+ an hour is a whole new story.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I can fight Td's with my 81 Summon, Lolfiretitan, and 83/82/84 Melees. I still kill them in 2 shields, sometimes 1, and while it obviously isn't as good as someone using a Steel Titan (or even a Unicorn for that matter) you won't ever convince me its a waste of time. I've made over 40m there since I started fighting them about 2 months ago. For a bunch of you thats nothing, but for a level 116 with 1700 total, its amazing.

I <3 Range

Dude12150.png

Total Claws: 1

I can fight Td's with my 81 Summon, Lolfiretitan, and 83/82/84 Melees. I still kill them in 2 shields, sometimes 1, and while it obviously isn't as good as someone using a Steel Titan (or even a Unicorn for that matter) you won't ever convince me its a waste of time. I've made over 40m there since I started fighting them about 2 months ago. For a bunch of you thats nothing, but for a level 116 with 1700 total, its amazing.

That's like saying making 2m/hour at frost dragons is amazing compared to a slower method. It might seem like good cash until you realize you can do twice as good.

I dunno how to emphasize this the right way...TDs are entirely luck based so anyone can make a profit there. Getting 1-2 claw drops is possible for anyone if they throw enough time at it. However, there is no comparison between getting 10-15 kills/hour and getting 35-45 kills/hour. You are literally throwing two thirds of your time away.

The optimal way to do things is to train Slayer to 99 or a similarly high level FIRST (because you make a profit doing it while also getting high melee stats) and to get the gear etc BEFORE monsterhunting. By going there with subpar stats you are:

• Wasting your own time
  • Promoting crashing
  • Relying on luck for profit

It is certainly possible to do all this stuff inefficiently. If all you want to do is get one pair of claws, buy your first godsword, and play castle wars for a few months before quitting, you're probably right to pray for a claw drop because TDs are the most easily accessible boss that drops a hugely profitable item commonly enough to get lucky. But if you want to do Slayer one day, get crashed, or spend potentially 100 hours or more killing TDs for that drop, you're better off doing it the other way around.

Just my 2 cents but I don't like seeing phrases like "40m in 2 months" or "10m per week" because that's dependent on how much you play plus your luck factor. By killing TDs at the high-level rate you will earn that 40m in 8-10 hours (faster kills means more drops overall meaning more consistency with droprates), meaning you're literally shooting yourself in the foot unless you only play 1 hour every week.

2496 Completionist

one size does not fit all

it's perfectly acceptable to solo tds with unicorn. the person who taught me to td doesn't have 99 summon yet and he's gotten over a dozen claw drops using unicorn.

fishing.gif

You could solo the Giant Mole. Not sure if there is anything else you could solo efficiently. I mean you could maybe get a few kills at other places, but it wouldn't be worth it until you train more.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

it's perfectly acceptable to solo tds with unicorn. the person who taught me to td doesn't have 99 summon yet and he's gotten over a dozen claw drops using unicorn.

Amount of claw drops has nothing to do with kills/hr rate though. You can throw a ton of time at something but proper planning will result in much greater output in the long term. I don't know how I can say this without pointing out that people using unicorns are routinely crashed at TDs because people with a better setup can farm TDs much more effectively. Sure, you CAN solo with unicorn, and you can get up to about 65-70% of the killrate of a 99 summoner. But that's still a huge price to pay if you want to farm TDs for multiple claw drops.

2496 Completionist

Bandos: no, well not well

TDs: "I fail at pray switching and whatnot" get better these are probably the best source of money you can get from a boss.

Mole: Durrr. Easy boss and worthless

KBD: easy i use it for my black dragon slayer tasks

Zamorak: i personally wouldnt bother

Armadyl: you could try you may get a kill or two

Saradomin: hard to solo easy to duo or trio

Corp: you will be lucky

DKs: possible to mage rex for a good source of income

KQ: not to hard not really worth it

imo dont waste your time trying to kill bosses, just use that time leveling up and going to them when you are stronger with better gear and inventories

pilipod.png

Amount of claw drops has nothing to do with kills/hr rate though. You can throw a ton of time at something but proper planning will result in much greater output in the long term. I don't know how I can say this without pointing out that people using unicorns are routinely crashed at TDs because people with a better setup can farm TDs much more effectively. Sure, you CAN solo with unicorn, and you can get up to about 65-70% of the killrate of a 99 summoner. But that's still a huge price to pay if you want to farm TDs for multiple claw drops.

saying proper planning like that makes it seem like all of your time spent on runescape up until the point where you max out is just grinding to the point of being able to do things as efficiently as possible. it looks good on paper, but it'd be very boring.

as for being crashed. under ideal circumstances, soloing with the steel titan method performs quite well, but as soon as two or more people at attacking the same demon, its slow attacks make it hard to effectively use the special attack

training combat and summoning through slayer is a great idea, and is effective, but that doesn't mean you should hold out on doing anything else relating to combat until you've 'completed' the maxed melees through slayer route

fishing.gif

saying proper planning like that makes it seem like all of your time spent on runescape up until the point where you max out is just grinding to the point of being able to do things as efficiently as possible. it looks good on paper, but it'd be very boring.

as for being crashed. under ideal circumstances, soloing with the steel titan method performs quite well, but as soon as two or more people at attacking the same demon, its slow attacks make it hard to effectively use the special attack

training combat and summoning through slayer is a great idea, and is effective, but that doesn't mean you should hold out on doing anything else relating to combat until you've 'completed' the maxed melees through slayer route

Maxed melees and summoning take up a tiny percentage - perhaps 10% - of the time required to max out. Sure, you can go before then, but 96 and 99 summoning are such critical levels at every boss that getting even 96 should be a priority.

At TDs, a person with a Steel titan will win any crashing battle over a person without one. The spec really isn't that hard to use and chances are if there's a crashing battle at all one person is lower leveled or not using nearly as good gear. Crashing is generally one of the more negative sides of monsterhunting, and by choosing the right spot (anything but the west side of north rock) you can greatly reduce chances of getting crashed with a unicorn.

I don't want to sound like an elitist but (with the exception of GWD/team corp) profits at other bosses are greatly reduced without 96 summoning (DKs, Frost Dragons) or 99 (TDs). Slayer is an enjoyable skill to train and maxing melees or at least getting them all 95+ will help you so much in other aspects of RuneScape that I can't help but advocate training it.

At the end I have to take a step back though. You can do whatever you want. Different people play for different reasons and one or two claw drops are easily possible over a month or two with a slow kill/hr rate. However, once you do something it stays done and I think that almost everyone would benefit from putting at least a little effort into training up when the differences at higher levels are so vast.

2496 Completionist