Philosophy, Riddles and complete mind[bleep]s

Sam

well(starting from what i just read on wikipedia), a perfect vacuum would not exist, and there's always something. and about the infinite empty space, you mean the universe or beyond it?

either way i think that's possible.

Well what do you consider to be beyond the universe?

The universe is existence...Anything existing out of existence, doesn't exist.

So, the universe would have to be filling/using/expanding into an area that doesn't exist.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The infinite void appears to have nothing in it.

[bleep]ing universes, how do they work? Nobody really knows. Sometime when I have time I think I'll read up on some multiverse theories and anti-matter, but it's a question educated physicists have spent lifetimes thinking about and still not found a solution.

well(starting from what i just read on wikipedia), a perfect vacuum would not exist, and there's always something. and about the infinite empty space, you mean the universe or beyond it?

either way i think that's possible.

Well what do you consider to be beyond the universe?

The universe is existence...Anything existing out of existence, doesn't exist.

So, the universe would have to be filling/using/expanding into an area that doesn't exist.

Or maybe just that existence is getting larger.

In keeping with the mind[bleep] theme, a spherical wall, the outside of which is a subatomic particle in some other universe.

Let's hope we don't end up in some macro civilization's Hadron Collider.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

In keeping with the mind[bleep] theme, a spherical wall, the outside of which is a subatomic particle in some other universe.

Let's hope we don't end up in some macro civilization's Hadron Collider.

Hey, people like pondering the end of the universe, that may well fit into the "big rip" one.

Or if you want a mind [bleep] of a different nature, what if we're an atom in a cell in a macro-being's nether regions? Because that could end up being a literal mind [bleep]. :twss:

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

[/hide]

Or if you want a mind [bleep] of a different nature, what if we're an atom in a cell in a macro-being's nether regions? Because that could end up being a literal mind [bleep]. :twss:

That one has been done over so many times.

'What if our whole universe is just a spec of dust floating along in ... xyz'

Well, here's a bit more unique of a concept. If our universe has a unievrse in every atom, and every atom in those universes have universes in them, and our universe is but a single atom in a universe that is but a single atom in another universe, etc... then I ask you:

Would there be a universe identical to this one? With another TTanT typing this post simultaneously as me? Another Dizzle exploring haunted houses?

And infinite others with all of us living every possible existance with our exact same minds?

My head hurts.

[/hide]

So, basically every explanation anyone can come up with has to be physically impossible regarding the creation and expansion of the universe, right?

i'm not completely sure on that, but after typing that comment on the flying spaghetti monster, let's imagine god exists(not saying it doesn't), he created the universe, right? what created him? how did he get created? what was there before the universe besides god?

So, basically every explanation anyone can come up with has to be physically impossible regarding the creation and expansion of the universe, right?

Well physically impossible as we know it... I think so. You know I'm not even sure what I know anymore...

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Typical response from a Theist, "He was simply there"

I've learned discussing this topic is no fun with Theists most of the time, because they just say "God did it, end of story".

Oh oh oh!

How about time is a ring?

Like, our apocalypse will kill God, but spawn a new one. This new God is actually the old one, but has no knowledge of what occured before him. It then creates the Universe.

So we're in an infinite loop, with either a: everything repeating itself infinite times

or b: the end is at the exact same time as the beginning, and basically everyone and everything is reborn.

Or something like that.

[/hide]

Oh oh oh!

Like, our apocalypse will kill God, but spawn a new one. This new God is actually the old one, but has no knowledge of what occured before him. It then creates the Universe.

So we're in an infinite loop, with either a: everything repeating itself infinite times

or b: the end is at the exact same time as the beginning, and basically everyone and everything is reborn.

Or something like that.

How did the loop start?

you are right, i've also read a math affirmation to show that nothing can be all powerful, and i got as an answer, "you're wrong"

(mathematical explanation to why nothing can be all powerful, something being like that must have all the possible powers, but there are powers that can contradict themselves, like for example, you ahve to have the power to move anything, to be super strong, but you have to have the power to make objects incredibly heavy, so heavy that you can't move them. One of these power can't exists if the other one does. There, a way to explain why can't there be all powerfu beings)

Oh oh oh!

Or something like that.

How did the loop start?

It's part of a larger loop, which is part of another even larger one, etc etc going on for infitity. (That's the best I can come up with, anyways.)

EDIT: You have no idea how tempted I was to say "God started it."

[/hide]

Oh oh oh!

Or something like that.

How did the loop start?

It's part of a larger loop, which is part of another even larger one, etc etc going on for infitity. (That's the best I can come up with, anyways.)

EDIT: You have no idea how tempted I was to say "God started it."

You know... existence makes no sense at all.

let's just commit mass suicide after discovering that not everything in life can be explained. (that was a joke, probably a bad one, don't alarm please)

Meh.Too much effort, for no reason. Just like everything else in existence. Why does [cabbage] happen if there is no point? Like atoms making elements and elements making compounds, for what?