Philosophy, Riddles and complete mind[bleep]s

Sam

Life is numbers. In every situation possible, purely numbers are involved. Sometimes the numbers are more difficult to find, but they're there... there is an equation for every possible scenario.

Sculpted from birth, you try to fit in. Wishing you were this, wanting to be that... changing everything you really are. Meanwhile, you're so lost in others, you have vanished from the earth.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(On the first post) How is finding faults with Plato's Republic a mind [bleep]?

Philosophy.

OnTopic:

I doubt we'll ever find the answers, and it's probably better that way. Every answer brings new questions, every new question leads to more ways to advance.

Or something.

Again though, if we do find how the universe began, and figure out how to replicate it, the whole time-traveler universe thing may be a possibility :razz:

Life is numbers. In every situation possible, purely numbers are involved. Sometimes the numbers are more difficult to find, but they're there... there is an equation for every possible scenario.

Numbers don't exist. They really only exist in our minds, and we only think of them as real because they are a huge part of our culture. They're placeholders.

Just like ghosts/paranormal/gods etc don't exist, but they are real to those who have them as a big part of their life. I'm sure natives cared about spirits much more than numbers. Spirits etc are also placeholders.

They don't exist, but that doesn't make them less important.

So basically, our entire society is built on a system of symbols. Numbers don't 'exist', but they represent an amount. In the same way, words don't 'exist' but represent the concept that they define; "Pen" is not a physical pen, it's a representation of that strangely phallic ink-dispensing object that we use to graft other symbols on to a sheet of wood fibers.

Numbers don't exist. They really only exist in our minds, and we only think of them as real because they are a huge part of our culture. They're placeholders.

Just like ghosts/paranormal/gods etc don't exist, but they are real to those who have them as a big part of their life. I'm sure natives cared about spirits much more than numbers. Spirits etc are also placeholders.

Reminds of the South Park imagination land episode :unsure:

Reminds of the South Park imagination land episode :unsure:

Now I want to watch it :lol:

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Most of these questions aren't very philosophical, that's my simple view on them. All they are trying to do is flip things inside out, which if I had wanted that, I woulda eaten a vanilla oreo. But to not be spam:

Is this life, or is this a fantasy? The actual answer to that question isn't necessary, since the question nullifies itself. Fantasy is defined as imagination unrestricted by reality, says Google. This implies that reality cannot be directly compared to fantasy, but can be an enhancer of it. It's like saying which is better a Mustang car, or a toyota engine. They are both significant parts, but they can't be weighed the same. And that was a crappy analogy, but I'll leave it in there.

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done? You've succeeded, the only way to fail is if you didn't fail. The only confusing, or mind[bleep]ish part about this, is a verbal tongue twister. Mentally it's quite simple.

I've not read much about Plato's republic, though I know the basics so I'm not going into that one.

If a tree falls in a forest, but no one is around to hear it, is it really a sound?

Why should human presence have to be there to make something what it already is?

Is the glass half empty of half full?

That's not even very philosophical, it's simply an opinion. But it also is not a good depiction of one's view of the world, since the various angles you take in when you view the glass may change the appearance.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Most of these questions aren't very philosophical, that's my simple view on them. All they are trying to do is flip things inside out, which if I had wanted that, I woulda eaten a vanilla oreo. But to not be spam:

Is this life, or is this a fantasy? The actual answer to that question isn't necessary, since the question nullifies itself. Fantasy is defined as imagination unrestricted by reality, says Google. This implies that reality cannot be directly compared to fantasy, but can be an enhancer of it. It's like saying which is better a Mustang car, or a toyota engine. They are both significant parts, but they can't be weighed the same. And that was a crappy analogy, but I'll leave it in there.

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done? You've succeeded, the only way to fail is if you didn't fail. The only confusing, or mind[bleep]ish part about this, is a verbal tongue twister. Mentally it's quite simple.

I've not read much about Plato's republic, though I know the basics so I'm not going into that one.

If a tree falls in a forest, but no one is around to hear it, is it really a sound?

Why should human presence have to be there to make something what it already is?

Is the glass half empty of half full?

That's not even very philosophical, it's simply an opinion. But it also is not a good depiction of one's view of the world, since the various angles you take in when you view the glass may change the appearance.

Yea, most of our recent discussions are from other questions then those.

Oh. I was on a hiatus for a while. He he ha ha whoo whoo teee heee.

I HAVE ONE.

What is truth.

READY SET GO.

My opinion: ummm. truth is what you make it to be. I mean I believe in many absolute truths due to my religion, but overall when it comes to truths such as politics, the economy, and other trivial things.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

The question is too vague and doesn't ask specifically what you've failed/succeeded at, therefore the only logical answer would be to say both because you have both failed (by succeeding) and succeeded (by failing).

The question is too vague and doesn't ask specifically what you've failed/succeeded at, therefore the only logical answer would be to say both because you have both failed (by succeeding) and succeeded (by failing).

But failing insinuates that you did not reach your goal, so failing is highly subjective. If I want to succeed at failing a math test, can I ever fail? If I get a 99, is that failing in my eyes? Or even if I get a perfect score, I succeeded by the worldly standards, but failed in my own thus succeeding at the same time. You can't both succeed and fail, I believe you can have one event cause another, but not both fail and succeed.

I succeeded by the worldly standards, but failed in my own thus succeeding at the same time.

Exactly. You failed and succeeded.

No what I meant is I succeeded by world standards thus causing me to fail by my stands thus causing me to succeed by my standards. They happned one after another, even if they were so fast it seemed instantaneous.

No what I meant is I succeeded by world standards thus causing me to fail by my stands thus causing me to succeed by my standards. They happned one after another, even if they were so fast it seemed instantaneous.

They still all happened though right?

Well yes, the main point I was making on my side is while they all happened, they did not all happen at once. And since the idea/feeling of succeeding happened last, that is the sole outcome of it.

Well yes, the main point I was making on my side is while they all happened, they did not all happen at once. And since the idea/feeling of succeeding happened last, that is the sole outcome of it.

I thought you were leaving :unsure:

I definitely never said that ever.

No I merely meant I'm not going to be emotionally involved in this forum anymore. Cripes. (is that even a word?)

I'm only posting on here because lets face it:

Now this looks like a job for me so everybody just follow me

cuz we need a little controversy,

cuz it feels so empty without me

Or because the other forum I frequent has like 1/4 of the users, and has quieted down.

edit: HEY WAIT I SAW WHAT YOU DID THERE.

No. but in the past I'd get really involved with this forum, not sure why. I've been meaning to change my name to bonkers for a while, but never got around to it. It's my favorite word <3 that and hubba boo.

No. but in the past I'd get really involved with this forum, not sure why. I've been meaning to change my name to bonkers for a while, but never got around to it. It's my favorite word <3 that and hubba boo.

Holy [cabbage]! I just realized you're Saru #-o

Trying to emotionally disconnect from a forum never works - I know from experience :(

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Mindf*ck time!

1. Pick the number of days you [bleep] each week.

2. Multiply it by two.

3. Add 5

4. Multiply it by 50.

5. If you already had your birthday this year, add 1760. If you didn't add 1759

6. Subtract the year you were born (in four digits).

7. You now have a three digit number.

8. The last two numbers are your age.

Post outcomes after step 6 here.

EDIT: Mindbleep two, Sam made a spelling mistake a few posts ago.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]