Philosophy, Riddles and complete mind[bleep]s

Sam

Imagine saying that extra syllable when you dont have to :o

And its not really about the syllable, in dutch its halfvol and halfleeg which is just as long, but the former is just easier to pronounce.

Let me help you

HALFVOL

HALFLEEG

But yeah true, halfleeg doesnt sound right at all.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided to turn this into a general philosophy thread.

Here's a new question;

If a tree falls in a forest, but no one is around to hear it, is it really a sound?

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

A sound is defined as a sound wave, or a vibration in the air (arbitrary definition by me by the way). And the tree creates these vibrations in the air that we call sound. So yes.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

A sound is defined as a sound wave, or a vibration in the air (arbitrary definition by me by the way). And the tree creates these vibrations in the air that we call sound. So yes.

However, is it really a sound if there is nothing to interpret it as such? Sound is our brains making sense of those vibrations.

If a tree falls in a forest, but no one is around to hear it, is it really a sound?

It is impossible to tell. Next question please.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

To quote a certain comic:

"If a tree falls in the middle of the forest, and no-one is around to hear it, how many liberals will it take to reinforce all of the trees around it?"

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

If a tree falls in the middle of the forest, on a mime, and no one is around, does anybody care?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

If a tree falls in the middle of the forest, on a mime, and no one is around, does anybody care?

The mime's mime family.

They'll mourn silently.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

These aren't really interesting philosophy questions, you should pose some deeper ones if you want a decent response. Something like causation, and is it necessary for the universe to have a first cause, or is there just an infinite regress?

rosssigfinal.jpg

These aren't really interesting philosophy questions, you should pose some deeper ones if you want a decent response. Something like causation, and is it necessary for the universe to have a first cause, or is there just an infinite regress?

Infinite regress, a cause has to be caused by something, right?

Depends on what it's filled with. It's half full if it's something I want. Half empty if I don't want whats in the glass.

I'm appreciative of what I'm given and what I'm not given. The things I want, I'll focus on what I've already been given (The glass is half full). What I do not not, I'll be thankful for what I've not been given (The glass is half empty).

Is this real life?

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Depends on what it's filled with. It's half full if it's something I want. Half empty if I don't want whats in the glass.

I'm appreciative of what I'm given and what I'm not given. The things I want, I'll focus on what I've already been given (The glass is half full). What I do not not, I'll be thankful for what I've not been given (The glass is half empty).

Is this real life?

No. This is Patrick.

Guest Mrmegakirby

Is this real life?

No. This is Patrick.

Patrick, that's the name of the restaurant.

I'm appreciative of what I'm given and what I'm not given. The things I want, I'll focus on what I've already been given (The glass is half full). What I do not not, I'll be thankful for Bhat I've not been given (The glass is half empty).

Is this real life?

No. This is Patrick.

Patrick, that's the name of the restaurant.

Yes! Someone got it!

You succeeded in your objective, therefore, it is a success.

But your success was failure, so you failed and succeeded

One or the other, and so far the most predominant answer has been success, therefore it was a success.