Runescape FPS

SirIzenhime

I was wondering what most people's FPS are when they're playing RS, because I feel as though mine is abnormally low. Unless I play in Safe/Software mode, I can't seem to get my FPS any higher then around 13, which appears as being red...which I assume is supposedly bad.

If mine is low, what can I do increase my FPS but still be able to play in full Re-sizable.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Get a better computer, turn down the graphics

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

well, I've noticed that the max Fps is 50, since my computer won't go a single point over it, I also checked this through my other friend, and confirmed it. (we both have decent computers.) My laptop is jumping @ 34-35 with resizable and decent graphics. So it doesn't take that much to have a high FPS on safe mode.

What kind of a computer r u using? If everything else is lagging on your computer RS won't make an exception. Old & laggy computer = lagginess = laggy rs = low fps. It's as simple as that.

There are some tricks to make your computer run a bit better, like clearing your hard drive and running your OS again (this would remove everything on your computers hard drive, but this also works almost every time.)

Crappy internet connection can also be the reason.

I hate that i can't access any developer consoles, neither runescape's or counter strike's does work because my keyboard lacks the character to open it...

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

wow your keyboard msut be spazzed if it doesnt have that key.

I've seen many keyboards over the years and they've all had tht symbol in the same place regardlessly of language or layout

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

wow your keyboard msut be spazzed if it doesnt have that key.

I've seen many keyboards over the years and they've all had tht symbol in the same place regardlessly of language or layout

How likely is for an english lad to come by a keyboard from ~japan? yeah... Even though i have a more or less standard keyboard, it's not in the place jagex said it would be(laptop keyboard, estonian setting).

I doubt that there will many keyboards that actually don't have that symbol, but you could always try putting your keyboard into the english(UK) setting and trying that. If that doesn't work, yeah, use mousepad.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I was wondering what most people's FPS are when they're playing RS, because I feel as though mine is abnormally low. Unless I play in Safe/Software mode, I can't seem to get my FPS any higher then around 13, which appears as being red...which I assume is supposedly bad.

If mine is low, what can I do increase my FPS but still be able to play in full Re-sizable.

If you're on a desktop, you should upgrade your video card to one that supports DX10/11

If you're on a notebook/then unfortunately you're stuck on that FPS, short of buying a new one.

If anyone's wondering, I have a HD Radeon 4830 and I always get 50 FPS in Direct X Mode, max settings.

I run a Dell laptop

Sutdio 1737 model, Intel® Core, 2 duo CPU. T6500, 2.10GHz

it has 4GB memory, on a 64-bit operating system.

Vista or 7 or what? If it's vista we might have a winner :D It's a void that consumes the computers effiency. And no graphic card? No wonder if ur not getting high fps then.

I looked up that model's video card and it looks like it has a Intel GMA 4500MHD. Integrated cards perform very poorly so that would explain the bad FPS. The next best way to improve FPS would be to minimize number of running application/processes: If you're running Vista, there's a good program called PC Decrapifier that works really well for that

Even a basic graphics card should perform well with RS. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL, how much free memory do you have and what's your processor usage stats as you play?

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

I have a HP elitebook 8530w

processor: Genuine Intel® core2 duo CPU T9600 @ 2.8GHz (2 CPUs)

memory: 8 GB

video card: nvidia quadro 770M fx

At places where it's "quiet" (<10 people around) I'm stable at 50 FPS..

At decent places such as GE it's around 30.

this is with all settings to "max".

My other laptop is an IBM thinkpad T60 (4 years old, setted all options to max when bought):

Processor: Genuine Intel® core duo CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz (2 CPUs)

memory: 2 GB

video: ATI Mobility Radeon X1400

This laptop has similar speeds as my newer however I need to set alll settings to "min".

There are a few options which have much impact:

-water detail single most heavy-option (though I hate to look at the low-quality water)

-blinking off (in caves, though makes runescape a bit less lively)

-shadows to static (easy option I actually often set to true, hard to notice)

if you run dxdiag (press window icon + r to bring the run dialog, then type "dxdiag") you get an overview of all your computer's hardware.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I hate that i can't access any developer consoles, neither runescape's or counter strike's does work because my keyboard lacks the character to open it...

Can't you use §?

You can still access the developer's console even if your keyboard doesn't have a § or ² character. Simply type in Alt-0167 or Alt-0178 to toggle the console on / off.

I've submitted this as a DYK, FWIW.

EDIT - This works for Windows; I can't say if it will work on other platforms.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

• 8 months later...