Overlording 2

Earth

Well, it's back for round two. Most rules still apply, but now you may choose lords that are not of the evil persuasion. Want to be a valient knight, leading an army of brave men into a den of evil? Go for it. Want to be as bad as can be? Knock yourself out. You still, however, have laughable gear compared to others, and your armys will start small. But a seed can be malleable, so do as you wish. I will show you what will happen, in this new world of fire, slaughter, and prissy little lords just begging to die.

Houses:

[hide=Retechs Land]

Town Name: Mountainhomes

Name: Jen Sonla, High Priestess of the Mountain Elves

Weapon: Bladed-pike (Sorta like a halberd, but it's easily used as both a mounted weapon, a slashing weapon, and a pike)

Alignment (because this works for me): Lawful Neutral

Race: Mountain Elves (We can part with at most 100 rocks butchered)

Adviser: Floating spirit ball, a physical manifestation of Armok, God of Blood

Banner: Volcano on a misty background

Armies: Evilish

House: Sonla

Bonus: diferent infantry good at diferent skills

Skills:

0.1 mapping.

0.3 persuasion

0.2 healing

[/hide]

[hide=Mathers Land]

Chose your race: Human.

Weapon: Greatsword.

Banner: Well, it's actually a sigil, emblem is in the middle, only white background.

Aide: Lewin

Armies: Good.

Bonus: Good at defense, receives help from artifacts.

Skills:

0.4 leadership

0.9 swords

8 naturemagic

Recources:

Mine x1

[/hide]

[hide=Grims Land]

Town name:La Place de la lumière

Name: Aldes Caroma Inquisitor of the church of Amaunator.

Weapon: War-hammer

Race: Humans

Adviser: Ser Perir

Banner: A silver four pointed star set upon a crimson field

Armies: Highly disciplined spear-men with horse archer support. Clerics of the god Amaunator (god of the sun) provide the spell casting power in the army as opposed to sorcerers.

Generally against sorcerers in general and necromancers in particular they see that their duty is to purge the unclean from the land with the holy fire of their god.

House: House Caroma

Bastard house: House Haze

Backstory: The great god Amaunator gazed upon the plains in the south and found them lacking. In his righteous fury he called forth a crusade against the heathens of the plains and burnt through them as a flame does through the dry grass they call their home. Some years after the great crusade had left it became popular for exiled inquisitioners of the church to lead their own crusade through the godless territories. ]

Special Unit: Godly CLerics (bonus against undead armies.)

Skills:

0.1 holy magic

0.3 tactics

0.1 timing

Recources:

Mine x1

[/hide]

[hide=Ieys Land]

Town name: Black Lotus

Name: Whisperwind Clan Leader, Kiyoku

Weapon: Naginata

Special Unit: Shadow Ninja (good at assasinations and forest battles]

Skills: 0.1 swords

1 record keeping

1 trading skill

1 sneaking

0.9 tactics

0.6 assasination

Ninpo tecniques:

Fire Spirit: Empowers the users army with firey weapons.

Dance of Ice Souls: Creates ice copies of the user to help in battle.

People:

50 master craftsmen

Generals:

Potential Generals: 20 Shadow ninja, 10 Poison ninja

[/hide]

[hide=Nex's Land]

Town name: Telandra

Name: Talchin Nehandhra

Weapon: His bare hands. Holding set of fighting claws.

Alignment: True Neutral

Race: Humans...?

Adviser: wanted, experience needed in the fields of diplomacy and ducking.

Banner: An unnecessary device serving to give away the position of foolish traditionalists to their enemies.

Armies: Stealthy, well-trained bastards skilled in the fine arts of sneaking, stealing, and slaving, kept in line by shamans and their inhuman servants.

Backstory: Foreign legends say that the Telandrans are made of sand and the breath of the desert god, though such legends are wisely told far from the Telandrans themselves.

Special Unit: Shamans, capable of enslaving the spirits of the dead to make powerful phantoms. (bonus= gets to make units on the field, can make spirit items)

[/hide]

Times to play:

Weekends mostly, this can change as my life gets cleared up.

Starting out:

Chose your race,

Human, Dwarven, or Elven (or suggest a race. Nothing too fantastically insane)

Weapon: yYur pick, but it'll suck badly. You'll want to change it asap.

Banner:

Optional, but if you want it, go ahead.

Aide: Every leader has a lovable and bloodthirsty guide to help you through the game. They will be dependant on who and what you are, so be carefull.

Armies:

You get a pick of good and evil, Specialties such as magicall, mounted, mele, or ranged. And other things besides, such as one specific special unit.

Any questions? No?... Then have at it!

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start playing tomorrow. :)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

So, one response, one posting, and one viewing. Seems to begoing well.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

K, And just name the aid, like in overlording 1. Also, you can chose a certain specialty with your troop, Or a special unit. Or just be a regular all round dude. (also, i started reading the series you refrenced that from. It's good)

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Well then I guess I will start this off for you.

Name: Aldes Caroma Inquisitor of the church of Amaunator.

Weapon: War-hammer

Race: Humans

Adviser: Ser Perir

Banner: A silver four pointed star set upon a crimson field

Armies: Highly disciplined spear-men with horse archer support. Clerics of the god Amaunator (god of the sun) provide the spell casting power in the army as opposed to sorcerers.

Generally against sorcerers in general and necromancers in particular they see that their duty is to purge the unclean from the land with the holy fire of their god.

House: House Caroma

Bastard house: House Haze

Backstory: The great god Amaunator gazed upon the plains in the south and found them lacking. In his righteous fury he called forth a crusade against the heathens of the plains and burnt through them as a flame does through the dry grass they call their home. Some years after the great crusade had left it became popular for exiled inquisitioners of the church to lead their own crusade through the godless territories.

LNYvk.png

.. So.. All round for regular units, and a special unit.. Really hates the dead.. And is religous. Hm, how nice.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Right, so, you get a bonus at defending, and may get random help from artifacts and such.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

A bit more of an explanation towards my army: The hate the undead and those who raise them (ie witches) as well as human sacrifice (again think of them like a crusade) also they dislike arcane magic users enough to not use them in their armies instead using clerics to call down divine wrath upon their enemies.

LNYvk.png

Yeh, but those clerics are considered special units. Those units do, however, get ninja bonuses against undead armies, and the raisers of the dead. But it is confined to that unit only, so the others don't get any bonuses. Tradeoffs, see?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Name: Jen Sonla, High Priestess of the Mountain Elves

Weapon: Bladed-pike (Sorta like a halberd, but it's easily used as both a mounted weapon, a slashing weapon, and a pike)

Race: Mountain Elves (We can part with at most 100 rocks butchered)

Adviser: Floating spirit ball, a physical manifestation of Armok, God of Blood

Banner: Volcano on a misty background

Armies: Evilish

House: Sonla

Special unit: Mountain Elf Priest(ess)

Basically skilled infantry, which are equally skilled mounted. They generally work in small groups. They practice sacrifice, dropping the disobedient, old, and weak into the sacred volcano, for the almighty god Armok!

Then they call forth denizens of the deep (lava golems, phoenixes, etc) to help them. Their favored squads compose of dwarven infantry, elven archers/sorcerers, goblin cannon-fodder, and troll/golem shock troops.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

That reminds me earth on another note about the clerics of Amaunator they essentially take the role of spell casters in my army (I don't have sorcerers I instead have warrior priests). That being said the entire army is essentially on a crusade so should they get a bonus against enemies that do not worship Amaunator god of the sun?

LNYvk.png

^

Which is everyone but you

Probably why he posted it.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I'm using a diferent die this time, Mather. And Tech, that won't work... If you have one special unit then the others are jsut general, but from where they are from they get a bonus. (ie, your troops are skilled at metal working and mountainous fighting, grims troops know cities and plains well. They are also pyromaniacs) Unless you spend a lot of time and recources, you can't have all those super fantastical troops. I will allow stone golems and trolls, somewhat weak goblins, dwarves and elves, but they won't get along that well, so your going to have morale issues. Really faulty army, but with time and recources (and luck. LOTS of it.) You can make it like you say..

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

So basically it isn't like last time? Last time I made two story-tall iron golems and had dragons.

Yeah, i realized with the new feature of you guys being able to raid each other rather easily, having such a system as last time would be a bad idea. You can still make those, but it's got logistical problems that i'm basing off of my own experience from making these types of things (Simulators, i beleive). I'm not going to let you go scot free, or let you go without telling you the risks. But, i think i can start now if you guys want to.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Thing is that we don't really need another copy of Hegemony. The fun part was having a buncha overpowered crap fighting other overpowered crap, or fighting against a lot of NPC villages/cities.

This seems too Hegemonyish/Pvp than the old one.

.. Tis no copy. (well, except it's copying the first one) Listen, I'm letting you have it, and the problems arent that huge... But i'm not letting you go off with the demnonic fire birds of doom without doing a bit of research first. Same with the others, you can have regular fieldable special units, and Titans. Titans will be your huge tanks, like the literal bear tank Mather or Grim made. The problems will only be aparent if you get a 3 or lower, you can upgrade troops and conditions to lower that down even lower. And some of the old rules still aply.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

If the issue is of balance, then I think dropping hundreds or thousands of people into a volcano as sacrifice makes perfect sense. As you recall from the last game, you had to sacrifice people to create the ents/golems/whatever. Basically doing the same thing here.

And if PvP is the only obstacle to this, then I'd rather not have PvP, just Player cooperation. Then maybe some goals that all the players can work towards, like the destruction of an empire, or whatnot.

And you stated all my regular units would be weak, which isn't that spiffy either. I'm basically losing strength for interesting variety.

... Err, the goblins are weak. Because they are.. Cannon fodder?.. And thats what the sacrifice is for? Go ahead then, i just didn't make the connection. The others just dont get any bonuses. You need to specify a specific bonus for the special units, and those will slightly carry on to the Titans. Actually, the PvP isn't the problem. it's the excessive amounts of rage going on in the Tavern, and i really don't want people crying OP within the first few seconds of life. That's actually a great idea, the Player cooperation thing.. That could spice it up.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]