Overlording 2

Earth

And elves/dwarves.

I don't really need a bonus for mountain fighting. Basically here is what I was shooting for:

True Mountain Elves are few in number but elite troops. Best in sorcery (but above average in others too)

"Mountain Elves" are average in number and average troops. Best in archery

Dwarves are average in number and average troops. Best in melee

Stone golems are just...stone golems

Trolls are living in the mountains and need to be trapped and tamed or something

Magma-anything requires sacrifices

Magma Golems are naturally magma, so it would just goop around armor and kill stuff

Ice golems would throw giant ice boulders and stuff

For the player cooperation thing, as a suggestion, maybe choose something we're all opposed too? The original thing that took down the overlords? Don't we start as individuals anyhow? These things just come along later?

And I'm ready to start. :thumbup:

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argh, Techy, you aren't going to sway me. They will have some of those atributes if you upgrade them like that early on (or later on), but they start out as nuetral or very slightly atributed. And all the golems except for stone golems would require sacrifice, for Ice golems, an ice temple, and the magma golems you have covered with the volcano. And the empire is actually what you fight in Overlord two, the IRL game. So that may be a factor. Trolls you have covered with trapping, stone golems need stone masons, AND you still haven't chosen a bonus for your special units.

Get someone else to paly and i'll start you out.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Well I was thinking that the ice golems would be like stone golems, just with some flavor.

My bonus was going to be the above. Basically that a few mountain elves would be elite. Everything else is pretty much normal.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

... Thats not a bonus, thats a special unit. A bonus would be like grim has for his special troops, a hatred for the undead. Epic damage bonus, but they suffer from being only one type of unit. Or a specialty in defense, or in magic, or something! I can't read minds through computor screens any betetr than face to face.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Okay, I'll have to rephrase it better.

My mountain elves are better in archery than average, but worse in melee.

My dwarves are better in melee than average, but worse in archery.

My "true" mountain elves are great in sorcery, but terrible at the other two.

Unique unit will be the Priest(ess) of Armok, which is basically good at everything.

Last game you could sacrifice animals as well retech (so one has huge constructs and a large army). Also retech last game I had heavy cavalry and cannons so I'm fairly certain that your golems would not last all too long. So earth what is the verdict for the clerics being spellcasters as well?

LNYvk.png

Ten story ent that throws around acid like a toddler throws around playdoh.

This game doesn't work well with PvP, hence why I suggested the cooperation.

I already effing agreed to that grim. Although they get a slightly reduced spell casting time, not much, but could be fatal in some cases.

Retech, THOSE ARENT SPECIAL UNITS. But, the priestesses get a bonus in everything then, damage and defense. They are less flexable than most, so they can't be used in some fights. (feasably, i mean. Still able to be used, just.. Not a good choice)

You two up for this?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Can I just be an assassin for hire? :D

(Idk why, but I don't feel an attraction to controlling armies)

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Uh sure. It's going to be a bit more dificult tho. You could be the head assasin of a corporation, and go on missions yourself if you feel the need..

EDIT: Grim, barely. IT'll produce the same results, but unless it's humanoid or really big (bear sized or larger) then it's going to take a lot of animals.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Okay, fire away.

I don't need special units, as I could trade that in for what I wanted. :)

I'll give an assassination corporation a go.

Name: Whisperwind Clan Leader, Kiyoku

Weapon: Naginata

Special Unit: Shadow Ninja

(Sorry, I had to go with ninjas XD )

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Fine. They get bonuses as you said them, but slight bonuses.

LEts get along then.

Retech: as you view the vista to your new lands around the volcano, the first squad of your army gathers around. consisting of your aid, an Elite mountain elf sorceress of reputable skill, an intelligent Troll, a stalwart dwarf oof exceptional restraint with alcohol, And a goblinic inventor. They watch as the first few houses are constructed, the first food is being gathered, the frist temples set up. This shall be your new home.. What is it's name? (you rolled an 18, lucky bastard.)

Grim: The men of the gods gather around you as you survey the city around your tower, small, but adequate. Your aid, 3 skilled kngihts, 2 Holy clerics of great import, and A skilled cavalry comander stand with you as you watch farms being planted, food being drawn in, traders hawking their wares, and men looking for recources. Your city had come up in such a fast time, you had not thought of a name.. What shall it be called? (a 19. the dice love you guys)

Edit: hang on raver, ill have it posted in a sec..

Edit 2:

Raver: Your new venture in the realm of the ninja is more.. Buisnessy than you would have thought. With your elite guard of shadow ninjas, (they get bonuses to assasinations and forest battles) numbering 4, and your other lesser ninja comanders, you watch as your head quarters is set up. You had not anticipated this as your next mission, so you hadn't thought of a name. What shall this place, and the company you now controll, be named?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

The dorf starts digging into the mountains nearby, and prepares some plump helmet farms. (Yippee!)

The elf scouts around the mountains in search of more mountain elves to join. The Troll comes with me as I head out to find a random village. The goblin works on a pulley system, for handily dropping stuff down the volcano.

Name is Mountainhomes.

La Place de la lumière (city name) is overlooked by the lord inquisitor in his righteous fury. He asks his assistant for the figures of how many able bodied men are at his disposal "To bring the holy fire unto this foul grassland".

LNYvk.png

Kiyoku glances at the work in progress, squinting her eyes, taking in the scene. She ultimately decided to name the building The Black Lotus.

Kiyoku instructs her ninja dogs (trainees) to take a break, and spar with each other.

Lqt9R.png

Alright then.

Retech: Your dwarf begins a mine shaft in hopes of finding new metals.. The elven scouts will take 1 turn to report back.. And you and the troll find a rather small village filled with some armed guards and lots of villagers. The goblin very easily comes up with a pully system, and waits for more instructions.

Grim: Your assisant says that he has no idea, They didn't count the amount of people in the grasslands. You'll have to send out scouting parties for the information.

Raver: The guard proclaims your choice a good one... The dogs imediatley begin sparing, showing very real promise to become good shadow ninjas, or others that you may require.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Jen keeps the location of the village in her head, before returning to her base. The goblin is tasked on creating a blast furnace, for the production of steel. Jen meets with the elf when she gets back.

The lord inquisitioner requests a scouting party to find out the number of citizens in the city to be found as well as their skills/positions. He then has the clerics attempt to scry for enemies in the area.

LNYvk.png

Grim. I meant the praries. You know exactly how many able bodies you have, but you don't know how many will be needed to take over and control even half a mile away from your cities. (oh, and you can each controll up to ten units in your army now. lucky rolls at the start.)

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

... I need more info than that. You want to start in an icey region, or what?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Turning to her personal shadow guard, Kiyoku immediately springs into an attack. She tests them, pushing the most elite of her clan to their limits before ending the training session.

Lqt9R.png

Well then new orders for the clerics then; One will scry to look for enemies and the other will scry to look for potential resources (wood and metal to be specific). A party is sent to look for any promising young bowmen and the lord inquisitioner pays a visit to the local church of the sun god for his daily prayers.

LNYvk.png