Overlording 2

Earth

Yo, My comps going to time out soon, temporary break in the session while i switch.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright then..

Retech: You make it back, but can scarecly remember the route, so you put it on a map (+0.1 mapping) Your elvin scout reports that there are several mountain elf villages. The goblin says he needs more materiels before he can make a furnace.

Grim: Your clerics say they will need a scrying mirro each before they can do so. You instead send out several scouting parties to find what you need. Your prayers grant you a new insight to the ways of your clerics (+0.1 holy magic)

Raver: Your ninjas quickly surpass you, and imediatley come up with an idea of new poison weapons. They will require your leave to do the research though (+0.1 sword fighting) Your constructions are complete, and the city begins to flourish. (a perfect 20, you lucky thing)

Mather: Your men quickly find a usable stone quarry, And your first group of men gather ariund you as you take a gander at the remote icelands around you. The Direwolf trainer, surounded by his two best trained wolves, the archery master, the quarter master, and swords teacher, and the cavalry master. Your fortress is half constructed on a feasable spot with a hot spring for warmth... What shall it be called?

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Can I just be an assassin for hire? :D

(Idk why, but I don't feel an attraction to controlling armies)

... I need more info than that. You want to start in an icey region, or what?

Yeah, pretty far North, aproximatley the same latitude as Iceland.

DAMN YOU TWO.

I was so going to be Hlaupari. <_<

*Sigh*

Lemme think of something else...

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

You can still have those. And in a positionof relativley same latitudes.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Dorf does the digging for metals, which the goblin will use to make the furnaces.

Jen travels with the mountain elf to the several mountain elf villages, and tries to convince them to join her under the banner of Armok, to expand the power of the mountain elves throughout the world.

If they are interested, then they come back with her to the volcano fort. If some are not, they are coaxed into joining by the fact that the ones that are joining will become the leaders of the new empire and that they'll be all left out.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Heh. DESERT HLAUPARI!

One moment please. :twisted:

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I'll egt the hide tags started up. This is goiung to be hell to process on my laptop.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Gonna post an action, grim?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

K, Ravers offline, so three people in this post..

Retech: The goblin immediatly tells you that he doesnt need metal for the furnace, unless its going to be one using the magma from the volcano. He hands you a list of what he needs:

5 piles of logs

10 tanned hides

several enchantable gems

soil to plant on

and stone. LOTS of stone

The people you speak too imediatley swear fealty to you.. But they won't leave their homes. You will get a more stable suply of income than your just starting town could produce.

Grim: The scouts have already returned. The reports say that they found no signs of oposition, but couldnt tell clearly. More scouting trips are required to find out what you need. The craftsmen are still setting up, but will come next turn.

Mather: With you assiting the men, the fort goes up quickly, and skilled stone carvers wait to do as you bid. Walls are begining to be made, hunting has brought food to be stored, and farms are being seeded as you watch. Your Direwolf trainer says that a batch of puppies has arrived from a shipment.. The only one in a long while.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

(I'm thinking Imma just have a clan of ninja that are more peaceful than assassins)

Nodding in appraisal at her guard's skill, she gives them leave as they requested. Kiyoku would never imagine hindering her pupils' desire to expand their knowledge and talent.

She smirked as her few shadow ninja were almost ready to take her on without Kiyoku handicapping herself.

Watching as the town flourished, she set to work on a list of laws to withhold discipline and honor. Kiyoku also began forming ideas for a currency that could be used here and within neighboring kingdoms.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

The inquisitioner asks the priests what they need for scrying mirrors. Scouts are ordered to look again for metals and wood and the cavalry commander is sent out to look for any promising young horsemen that might be inducted into the crusade of the sun god.

LNYvk.png

(How many swore fealty?)

They are told it is alright, but that we need soldiers. Jen asks for ten archers. She also asks for 5 piles of logs, ten tanned hides, and a few gems. No matter what happens, Jen and the party head back to the volcano. The dwarf heads around looking for more dwarves, who are asked by the dwarf if they'd like to join.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Raver: You realize you did handicap yourself a little by setting youself up using your non dominant hand.. The currency system will take a while to implement and become accepted, But the laws go over rather well. Your Elite guard tell you that the weapons will be ready soon if allgoes well (5 turns)

Grim: you are handed a list of what you need, but then you realize you packed some just in case you needed them. The scouting parties are set to finishing the town walls, and the cavalry master finds 50 new recruits and an older, but more skilled horse master who has agreed to teach recruits about horse fighting (a 20. lucky luck.)

Retech: You realize that there were 5 vilages of about 100 people who took the vow. Your people easily supply you with what you need, and the elf goes out instead because the dwarf seems to have found a new type of metal.. (2 turns for reports on both fronts. +0.3 Persuasion) The archers are supplied, and begin guarding your town.

Mather: You find some woodsman to do the task, but they tell you it will be a while before they can find trees in the wastes. (dangerous mission, Morale boost if completed.) The forts basic iner walls are complete, and outer walls are under construction.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

The goblin starts making the blast furnace/forge, while the elf and dwarf are doing their thing.

Jen and the elves make some really large troll traps, and place them all over the mountain. The intelligent troll goes off to abduct a few humans, making sure not to stray too near the human village. The elven villages are asked for 10 more archers.

(Do we have non combat citizens? If so...)

After a bout of meditation, Kiyoku met with the village elders, devising a plan for free education for the children of the village, as well as Ninjitsu schooling for those who sought to learn the way of the ninja.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Okay then, the scrying mirrors are set up and the clerics are asked to scry for metal deposits. The elder horse commander is asked to train the cavalry who show promise into a cohesive fighting force. The inquisitor Lord Aldes Caroma goes to look on the craftsmen on the parade ground and find out their respective professions.

LNYvk.png

I don't knoiw what the hell mather is up to, so this roll is leaving him out.

Retech: The troll won't head off without finding sure signs of human movement. The elves have absolutley no idea how to make the trap, and the dwarf and elf run into some complications. Another action for both. The goblin does manage to start off the furnace without too much trouble.

Raver:(plenty of non combats.) The elders love a bit of haggling, so your charecter will be another action or so ironing out the details.

Grim: The scrying mirrors are installed without dificulty, and the horse master is immediatley aproving of your cohesive fighting force unit. The craftsman arrive, and tell you the general range of their abilities. (glas worker, candle maker, stone worker, wood carver, Holy Enchanter, and other types.) You happen to glance at the scrying mirror recipie, and it states:

Lots of pure sand. Colouring agents. Enchantable Gems. Wood. Stone.

EDIT: hang on mather.

Edit 2: (wastes as in there arent that many trees that survive in the ice around your fortress.) Work continues, Some slight progress on the farms.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Okay, the elves sculpt an obsidian axe for the Troll, out of rock from the mountain. Then Jen and the Troll head out to find a large pack of Trolls.

Goblin keeps working on making the furnace awesome, and adds a forge area.

Town name: Telandra

Name: Talchin Nehandhra

Weapon: His bare hands. Holding set of fighting claws.

Alignment: True Neutral

Race: Humans...?

Adviser: wanted, experience needed in the fields of diplomacy and ducking.

Banner: An unnecessary device serving to give away the position of foolish traditionalists to their enemies.

Armies: Stealthy, well-trained bastards skilled in the fine arts of sneaking, stealing, and slaving, kept in line by shamans and their inhuman servants.

Backstory: Foreign legends say that the Telandrans are made of sand and the breath of the desert god, though such legends are wisely told far from the Telandrans themselves.

Special Unit: Shamans, capable of enslaving the spirits of the dead to make powerful phantoms and sculpting the desert to their desire.

RIP Dawngate ;-;