Recruitment Drive

Iconic

Sticky thread so far:

Introduction:

The Tavern is the place on the Tip It Forums where roleplays happen. Come an join in :thumbsup:

Rules:

Follow Tip It Rules

I think we should try not to be afraid of frightening people and, instead, just be ourselves...People will join because they want to roleplay...not because we smiled at them when they looked around.

And Iey joined a few months ago...

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the point of writing follow tip.it rules? Specific rules aren't meant to be written down unless they are something like "Do not use" or "keep off the grass" or "warning falling tree", you have to assume that the tip.it forum rules are a given. Just imagine seeing a sign one day telling you to make sure you don't murder people.

[Falador tavern]

Whats the point of writing follow tip.it rules? Specific rules aren't meant to be written down unless they are something like "Do not use" or "keep off the grass" or "warning falling tree", you have to assume that the tip.it forum rules are a given. Just imagine seeing a sign one day telling you to make sure you don't murder people.

It's just a reminder, and one that we use in probably every "Rules & Guidelines" sticky in all forums. Sometimes users need to be reminded that there are no exceptions to the rules.

Falador Tavern

What Is This Forum?

• The Falador Tavern is a role-playing forum open to all users. There are many popular pre-existing role-plays here but all users are welcome to create their own :)

A role-playing game is a game in which the participants assume the roles of characters and collaboratively create stories. Participants determine the actions of their characters based on their characterization, and the actions succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines. Within the rules, they may improvise freely; their choices shape the direction and outcome of the games.

Forum Rules & Guidelines

• Game moderators run, manage, and set the rules for role-plays.

• Individual rules are set for each role-play. Please abide by these rules. If you disagree with them, consult the game moderator.

• Flaming is prohibited. All users should be treated with respect.

• All other Tip.it Forum Rules apply.

Popular Role Plays

• Here are some descriptions of the forum's most popular role-plays that are often played multiple times:

Dungeoneering
    • You take on the role as an individual and are plunged into a scenario of the moderator's choosing. Examples include pirates, adventures and spacemen.

Hegemony

• The game usually begins with deciding the setting. Once that is decided, you take control of an empire. Examples of settings include the Napoleonic Period, the Modern/Futuristic Period and the Prehistoric Period.

Zombie Survival

• A simulation in which you are asked what you would do immediately after a zombie takeover of the real world.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Falador Tavern

What Is This Forum?

• The Falador Tavern is a role-playing forum open to all users. There are many popular pre-existing role-plays here but all users are welcome to create their own :)

A role-playing game is a game in which the participants assume the roles of characters and collaboratively create stories. Participants determine the actions of their characters based on their characterization, and the actions succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines. Within the rules, they may improvise freely; their choices shape the direction and outcome of the games.

Forum Rules & Guidelines

• Game moderators run, manage, and set the rules for role-plays.

• Individual rules are set for each role-play. Please abide by these rules. If you disagree with them, consult the game moderator.

• Flaming is prohibited. All users should be treated with respect.

• All other Tip.it Forum Rules apply.

Popular Role Plays

• Here are some descriptions of the forum's most popular role-plays that are often played multiple times:

Dungeoneering
    • You take on the role as an individual and are plunged into a scenario of the moderator's choosing. Examples include pirates, adventures and spacemen.

Hegemony

• The game usually begins with deciding the setting. Once that is decided, you take control of an empire. Examples of settings include the Napoleonic Period, the Modern/Futuristic Period and the Prehistoric Period.

Zombie Survival

• A simulation in which you are asked what you would do immediately after a zombie takeover of the real world.

Looks good to me.

a70c7.png

Good work overall.

Minor changes:

The Wikipedia entry...It could be done without.

Individual rules are set for each role-play. Please abide by these rules. If you disagree with them, consult the game moderator.

Via PM.

(Preventing clogging)

Flaming is prohibited. All users should be treated with respect.

Already covered in the Forum Rules, constructive flaming is allowed by the forum rules and flaming is not commonly found in a way that contravenes the rules.

The Roleplay types should have an advisory, since the games are not labelled 'Dungeoneering' or 'Hegemony' style. May cause minor confusion.

Flaming is prohibited. All users should be treated with respect.

Already covered in the Forum Rules, constructive flaming is allowed by the forum rules and flaming is not commonly found in a way that contravenes the rules.

Meh I included it because it's the most common form of rule-breaking :P It can be removed though. Although no form of flaming is really allowed. Debating ideas is allowed but flaming (which is defined by personal attacks, insults, harassment, etc.) isn't allowed at all.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

'Flaming', 'Trolling', 'Spamming'

All are subjective.

Flaming is being angry and confronting a person but at what point it becomes flaming is subjective, when does confronting become flaming, I've flamed and called a person an incompetant faliure but thats not flaming because its constructive.

Trolling, playing devils advocate or simply posting something that isn't agreed by most, also subjective.

Spamming, when does a post become spam? &&&&&&&&£%£"!!!!!!!$$$, +1, or U mad?, I don't think so..... or Yeh, your wrong

[Falador tavern]

Ah, the forum rules have been updated since I last looked =P

Perhaps rewritting it as 'In roleplaying debates can sometimes get very heated, just remember, its only a game, no one's feelings need to be hurt.'

Ah, the forum rules have been updated since I last looked =P

Perhaps rewritting it as 'In roleplaying debates can sometimes get very heated, just remember, its only a game, no one's feelings need to be hurt.'

I like that, it gets the message across and is understandable but its not directly saying DON'T FLAME

[Falador tavern]

Suggestion:

The thread has some optional reads like.

•  
  • Introduce yourself (how to)
  • Further Reading.
  • How to start a thread (could potentially be very useful).
  • Some past idea's to put in your thread (we compose a list of idea's for you to make that would probably be played)
  • Memberlist (Three month members get added)

And the final unstickying of hegemony, we can still link it.

[Falador tavern]

Yeah, may as well help you all out by pointing out one thing that is something keeping atleast a few people from coming to the Falador tavern (including myself). Namely this is an issue that parts of the Falador Tavern seem to be operating with an assumption of no one new coming in, as demonstrated by the apparent lack of any rules or procedures being posted(or the lack of an explanation that there are no rules) for games (such as dungeoneering which seems like it would be fun, but I am unable to figure out anything beyond the generalization of the most basic mechanic of the game and the fact that I obviously am missing important concepts. I am fairly sure this is not an issue with a lack of experience with RPGs as I know how to play or have played: Original D&D, D&D 3.0, D&D 3.5, D&D 4, Pathfinder, and Multiauthor stories/Freeform RPGs)

so to put my suggestion simply: Make it easier to find the rules of each game, or explain what areas rules don't exist for and what is a general idea of where it starts to go out of line.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

I see what your saying, its also about doing it on a thread by thread basis.

But as soon as we can get the sticky up we can include rules on that.

[Falador tavern]

Thanks wyvren2000 :) Each role play definitely does need to have the rules and game information clearly outlined in its first post.

Posted Image

Well...Dungeoneering is the basic concept set out by Songhoi:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/206957-sonerohis-roll-to-dodge/

[hide]I'm starting up a roll to dodge for all those interested. It basically consists of the GM (myself) making a large, complex, and overly frustrating dungeon-like area, and you poor saps failing to navigate it (or are you guys not incompetent?).

At the start all you get to do is choose appearance, and how you enter the first room. I'd like to wait for 3 or 4 people before starting the exploration, but until then feel free to make a move, thus an attempt at skill increase. Also, if you won't be active for a bit, have your move be ____ falls asleep. This lets me know that you are out of comission until I am otherwise notified. I will not be keeping a map for you guys, because it's a lot more fun for story development if someone messes up and thus splits the group in half, arguing over which room is right. [/hide]

As such it is a general concept which people interpret in whatever way they choose and then use this interpretation to run a game.

Also, I used to post long complicated rule guides...people didn't like them.

And the rules for games are usually included in the Opening Post.

Since most of them are freeform, though, the rules can be nothing but general and vague.

When 3.5 and 4e DND rules were used the system was plagued with problems....and...at the end of the day I could start a new game of Dungeoneering in 12 minutes...

If I wanted to start a game of Dungeons and Dragons I would need to plan a campaign taking hours...Which then would fall victim, as it has in the past, to people making sandwiches, connection problems and other small problems that make traditional roleplaying ineffably slow, boring and tedious.

We are not operating on the assumption no one new is coming in...We are operating based on precedent and tradition.

Each role play definitely does need to have the rules and game information clearly outlined in its first post.

Something which becomes void three posts in when it occurs that something which the mod didn't inititally think comes up.

Elsewise it is something we already do.

That doesn't explain it, Dungeoneering evolved so we need to describe what it actually is.

"Dungeoneering is a game in which you take control of a character through a text based game, you post his actions and the moderator replys to them."

How about try out sessions for dungeoneering or hegemony, our two main games?

[Falador tavern]

"Dungeoneering is a game in which you take control of a character through a text based game, you post his actions and the moderator replys to them."

You see, it is a general concept, entirely subject to interpretation.

To me, it is Songhoi's Roll to Dodge, to Hex/Iconic it is a text based game.

The problem is not with the Tavern...The Tavern does not prevent people from posting their own roleplaying games in any way shape and/or form.

The problem is with the people who don't just join in...Honestly, what is the worst that could happen if you posted or PMed the mod with a question... It was how I joined, so I know it is possible.

Retech, Icuownage, Ieyfura, Earthsage...They all joined the tavern by just posting.

Holy Carp... ARCHI WAS NAMED ZAX?

Erm, nevermind. Inside thing.

Anyways, I'm thinking through a new game. Mostly RP... but there are boundaries and the mod will determine what happens. It's based around 24 magical abilities (a la Brandon Sanderson Misting...), considered evil by nature and causing those possessing them to be reviled by society and hunted down (...served with a side of Brent Weeks color wight). The characters will have to choose their path carefully... as I do not intend them to be the Heros here. Nor the victors. Though not all of the world Lestrai are bound by mortality, or reality, nothing is certain.

This is an ancient chant and nursery rhyme, one of the few insights Lestrians have into the world of the Fallen (the general name for those with powers).

Shifters. Sliders. Breakers. Binders.

Angels. Shades. Flutters. Fades.

Rimes. Raisers. Chimes. Blazers.

Gods. Grims. Nods. Rims.

These are the curses, these are the crimes,

These are the our verses, these are our rhymes,

To keep them at bay, to lie them to rest,

As Marrestra commands, and may we be blessed.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

In my time banned someone joined, people thought it was me and I got an increased ban but then they found out it wasn't me and everything was fine.

But I was looking and you all said he/she was me and than complaining that they didn't want a furry.

That shows: Its hard for new players to join.

[Falador tavern]

Regardless, why were they on an RP forum? I still think it was something to do with you. They popped up in the middle of an argument about you, if I remember, which your aliases always seem to.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

In my time banned someone joined, people thought it was me and I got an increased ban but then they found out it wasn't me and everything was fine.

But I was looking and you all said he/she was Hex and than complaining that they didn't want a furry.

That shows: Its hard for new players to join.

Yup, it is not easy to move into a new area, especially when you have something other people don't like.

However, since with have 3 people with Aspergus, at least one gay person, a female, a transexual(Well, kind of in Jen), manga fantics and other such groups...I think it is fairly safe to say that, while we might not approve of something, we don't let that interfere with roleplaying.

The greater problem is joining when Hex has temporarily/forever quit...

I play a girl to add variety! :rolleyes:

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I advertised on:

4chan & 7chans /b/ & /tg/

funnyjunk

rpguild

forum I regulary browse

drawball

but not all of my alter-egoes pop up in arguments, e.g granzi was just for playing.

[Falador tavern]

I said kind of...and some people could interpret as transsexualism...

And...at the end of the day, we really don't care who or what you are, as long as you roleplay coherantly

Iconic. Please. Especially when it comes to medical issues, try not to start convincing the rest of the world they're all frauds.

And did anyone actually see my post on my game...? Permission to repost? :P

RIP Dawngate ;-;