Medal of Honor

Albel

With the discussion of MoH in the COD black ops thread, I though it was appropriate to make a thread for it. While at first I was discourged that DICE was making thew game (My thoughs were it was going to become a clone of BFBC2. Not that is a bad thing, I played BFBC2 for over 200 hours, so I was worried it being to much like it.) it seems as though EA games and DICE have made changes to MoH that can make it an elite FPS. While I'm still believe it was fall short of the Black ops in terms of popularity, I feel as though it will be a great game for sure.

Here is some info I got of the game from IGN:

Medal of Honor leaves the WWII theater and enters the modern day setting of war-torn Afghanistan seen though the lens of a small band of fictional characters.

The new Medal of Honor introduces players to the Tier 1 Operator, an elite warrior and relatively unknown instrument of the U.S. Military that operates under the National Command Authority, taking on missions no one else can handle.

In addition to a full single-player campaign mode, developer EALA has enlisted Battlefield creator EA DICE to supply the multiplayer experience of Medal of Honor. The game features a weapon customization system and a range of tactical and team-based modes for up to 24 players, including Team Assault, Combat Mission, and more.

Link:

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/037/037290.html

Some videos I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtfzvKRSTWM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMqRm2IpuI0

Im really excited for this game and just pre ordered it.

So let the discussion being (I hope...)

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

indeed; rather than just removing the log out button for when you are not logged in, it simply explains that if you want to log out you should log in so that you can log out

man that's so [cabbage] im not buying the game because it states the obvious

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Troll? And IIRC there was a thread for it though its probably been pushed back several pages.

To be fair, the singleplayer does look quite good. Not worth the price of admission, but good. But only because because its completely seperate from the multiplayer right down to the engine.

Multiplayer in this game feels like a sham to me. It feels like they got a bunch of guys down to focus test "what the kids want" and this game is the product of that.

There is nothing in it that makes me want to buy it over other fps games coming out. It's technically proficient (unlike last beta) but it's just a dull game. Also the gun balance in the game is going to be dumb as hell. It felt like I was playing on a hardcore more server the entire time with these dead accurated guns (even a 74U being totally accurate across the map) that have quite literally no recoil. The LMG is going to be even more realistic than it was in bad company 2 because, again, it is super accurate, has a 100 bullet clip and again has no recoil. Oh but it's balanced because it can't quite shoot all the way across the map (only 3/4ths of it).

I just... you call all of these CoD4 games clones (and don't get me wrong I've been out of the series for CoD5 and MW2) but than you back this game which feels like the most generic thing I've ever played? I just don't know why you would want to play this game over Black Ops to be honest.

Oh and the game also feels like a poorly done console port, but whatever. Ah and the ad campaign about how this is the "most realistic war game ever" is really annoying me for some reason after playing it. This isn't realism, it isn't even close.

Oh and the game also feels like a poorly done console port, but whatever. Ah and the ad campaign about how this is the "most realistic war game ever" is really annoying me for some reason after playing it. This isn't realism, it isn't even close.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't played the beta or anything but...

Not everything is focused around multiplayer. The ad campaign might not have been about the multiplayer. WHY DOES EVERYONE JUDGE A GAME BASED SOLELY ON MULTIPLAYER. It's so annoying when people say "Oh this game is total crap. I mean, the multiplayer sucks!" (e.g. MW2) Yea, because multiplayer is EVERYTHING right? Who cares about the singleplayer story, or any added features (like Spec Ops). I've had my xbox for quite a while, and have barely had LIVE for a year (less-than actually). Since I couldn't ever play online, I always got pretty hooked to the singleplayer stuff. Some games have AMAZING singleplayer stuff (this one looks decent, so I might get it.), but people who own the game just blow it off for multiplayer and judge it solely on that! It's very annoying <_<

[/rant]

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Not everything is focused around multiplayer. The ad campaign might not have been about the multiplayer. WHY DOES EVERYONE JUDGE A GAME BASED SOLELY ON MULTIPLAYER. It's so annoying when people say "Oh this game is total crap. I mean, the multiplayer sucks!" (e.g. MW2) Yea, because multiplayer is EVERYTHING right? Who cares about the singleplayer story, or any added features (like Spec Ops). I've had my xbox for quite a while, and have barely had LIVE for a year (less-than actually). Since I couldn't ever play online, I always got pretty hooked to the singleplayer stuff. Some games have AMAZING singleplayer stuff (this one looks decent, so I might get it.), but people who own the game just blow it off for multiplayer and judge it solely on that! It's very annoying

[/rant]

Simply because multiplayer is where the meat is in these CoD style FPSs. Don't get me wrong, CoD4 singleplayer was amazing, I've completed it on veteran 3 times, CoD WaW's was solid, and even MW2's was passable. But its short as hell, you can run through all 3 in ~5 hours on normal, maybe add a couple for hardened and a fair amount more for veteran (apart from MW2). That is not value for money, unless you can get them cheap, which 9 times out of 10 means waiting about 6 months or so. MW2's spec ops doesn't have you coming back for a better score like WaW's zombie mode, which carried its ok multiplayer. Personally I've spent hundreds of hours on CoD multiplayer, I'd say I even got my dough's worth out of MW2 before I threw in the towel.

So yeah I understand your argument but its completely misplaced when dealing with these kinds of games.

Not everything is focused around multiplayer. The ad campaign might not have been about the multiplayer. WHY DOES EVERYONE JUDGE A GAME BASED SOLELY ON MULTIPLAYER. It's so annoying when people say "Oh this game is total crap. I mean, the multiplayer sucks!" (e.g. MW2) Yea, because multiplayer is EVERYTHING right? Who cares about the singleplayer story, or any added features (like Spec Ops). I've had my xbox for quite a while, and have barely had LIVE for a year (less-than actually). Since I couldn't ever play online, I always got pretty hooked to the singleplayer stuff. Some games have AMAZING singleplayer stuff (this one looks decent, so I might get it.), but people who own the game just blow it off for multiplayer and judge it solely on that! It's very annoying <_<

[/rant]

Because I don't care about playing a single player war game story. Should I edit my post to "moh's MULTIPLAYER" sucks to make you feel better?

Oh and MW2 sucked because the single AND multiplayer was bad.

My hopes for this game is to try to have two fps I can play. I do have black ops pre ordered and plan on playing it a lot. But for me if I play a game to long ill just get bored of it. With both MoH and COD I should have two fps I can enjoy. Just don't get my hopes down on this one...I really hope its worth it...

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I did get halo reach, and it was okay. But I really didn't get into it. So with that said Im going to get MoH in hopes for a game that I will enjoy.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

I play TF2 as a main fps, so realism doesn't bother me at all, I like the slightly arcadey feel to it.

I back this game because it sounds nicer than COD, and it's faster paced than BC2.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

I play TF2 as a main fps, so realism doesn't bother me at all, I like the slightly arcadey feel to it.

I back this game because it sounds nicer than COD, and it's faster paced than BC2.

It's not the realism I care about. I just think that the guns feel dumb.

I played the open beta and i think its terrible.

There is absolutely no recoil on guns, like nadril said, and if you throw a grenade it blows up literally 2 seconds later, and for it to kill someone it has to be pretty much right under them. And dont get me started on the rpg/at4... :thumbdown:

The maps are boring as well, and the ones i played on are far too small.

vansing.png

I might get this for the single player once it's dropped in price a fair bit but for online, the new COD looks like the one to go for.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Tried the beta yesterday for 2 hours or so, never going to touch it again. Just not my thing, I'll stick to COD4 until Black Ops comes out.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Why must you do this Video Game industry.

Why must you make me want to give you more money!

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Heh, single player is 4 hours.

Really? Where did you hear that at?

I mean I can't say I'm surprised at all, games have been constantly getting shorter and shorter in that department.

ps sarge: this is the reason why people focus on multiplayer. If the devs aren't going to make a single player game that can't be completed in a single sitting... why pay them your $50 (or $60 or whatever) for just that?

Why must you do this Video Game industry.

Why must you make me want to give you more money!

Eh. I think this does the opposite for me.

Do people understand that a Beta =/= Full game?

It tires me that so many games release a "Beta" which is essentially the game itself nearly complete excluding some minor polishing and testing the network. This is an example of a real beta, not some demo with a different name.

Also for anyone who want's to know, this is a list of what has been fixed/changed from the beta to the game so far.

http://www.medalofho.../beta-changelog

We've made a number of changes to the final version of Medal of Honor thanks to your feedback delivered from the Medal of Honor beta.

Improved and fixed hit detection code

- Improved soldier hit box

- Decreased interpolation time

Various Fixes

- Toggle crouch is functional

- Added weapon pickup feature

- Spawn points tweaked

- Spawn system features added to fix exploits

- Level collisions fixed

- Level exploits fixed

- Level and environment specific shaders for characters and weapons

- Improved lightning and effects on all levels

- Tweaked combat areas to prevent base raping

- Unlock tree expanded with F2000, G3A4 and P90 PDW forh both teams

- Tactical Support Actions score tweaked

- Increased zoom in speed for sniper rifles

- Fixed the delay after firing a bolt action sniper rifle

- Improved ragdolls

- Character visibility tweaked

- 3P muzzle flashes size decreased on all weapons

- Getting hit effects tweaked

- Crashes fixed when using Scoreboard, support actions and connectivity issues

- M3A3 tank engine improved

- M3A3 armor increased

- M3A3 damage increased

- C4 disappear faster after the played died

- C4 can be exploded by hand grenades or rockets but not by bullets

- UAV mesh visible for both teams

- UAV health tweaked

Improved control input mapping

- Major text overhauls

- Major graphical overhauls in the menu and HUD

- Tweaked point system HUD effects

- Tweaked support action HUD effects

- In-game HUD polished

- Kill messages fixed

- Options and screen align fixed

- Added the option to "quit" before spawning

- Total team score fix

- Revamped loading screens

- Clip is now named Magazine

- HP ammo becomes Open-tip ammunition

- Knifes hit detection fixed

- Mouse input suppressing removed

- Mouse aiming is consistent over the board with all weapons

- Knife animations tweaked

- Updated sounds

- Overall improved animations

- Rifleman kit balance

- Weapon damage increased over the board

- M16 and M4 difference increased as long versus close combat rifles

Assault rifles

- M16 damage increased

- 25% recoil increased

- Open-tip ammo damage increased

- 40% recoil increased when using Open-tip ammo

- AK47 damage increased

- 25% recoil increased

- 40% recoil increased when using Open-tip ammo

Light Machine Guns

- M249 damage increased

- Camera spring effect added

- Recoil increased

- Faster recoil decrease after firing

- Open-tip recoil increased

- PKM damage increased

- Recoil increased

- Faster recoil decrease after firing

- Open-tip recoil increased

Carbines

- M4 damage increased

- Accuracy increased

- Firing rate increased

- 24% more recoil

- Open-tip ammo increased

- Open-tip recoil increased by 20%

- AKS74u damage increased

- Accuracy increased

- Firing rate increased

- 24% more recoil

- Open-tip recoil increased by 20%

Combat rifles

- M21/SVD accuracy increased

- M21 and SVD scopes off-center bug fixed

- Open-tip recoil increased by 10%

Sniper rifles

- M24/SV-98 damage increased

- Breath control tweaked

- Breath control now works with any class if you pick up a bolt-action sniper rifle

- Zoomed in mouse-speed increased

Shotguns

- Remington / TOZ-194 shell damage increased

- Shotgun shell "no spread" bug fixed

- Shotgun Slugs damage more close up and less at long distance

Pistols

- M9 / Tariq pistols damage increased

- Accuracy increased

- Firing rate increased

Grenades

- Hand grenade cooking time increased

- Increased splash damage radius

- Smoke grenade cooking time increased

- Radius decreased and damage increased

Support actions

- Defensive support actions are activated directly when triggered

- Improved Support Action HUD

- Improved missile vs. ground detection

- Fixed bugs where holes in windows blocked Support Actions

- Missile speed increased

- Tweaked down screen effect when using Defensive support action armor

- Strafe run bullets stops firing where the marker is set

New points table making Support actions harder to get

- Mortar Strike 50p

- Rocket strike 100p

- Missile 175p

- Artillery 250p

- Strafe run 350p

- Bomb run 450p

- Cruise missile 600p

Heh, single player is 4 hours.

Source please? If that is true, it doesn't matter as long as it is made well. Sometimes a short story can be a lot better then a stretched out book, hopefully that is the case.

vizardsig-1.png

Do people understand that a Beta =/= Full game?

It tires me that so many games release a "Beta" which is essentially the game itself nearly complete excluding some minor polishing and testing the network. This is an example of a real beta, not some demo with a different name.

Yes I know what a beta is. I also know that every single game that had issues in their beta used the excuse "it's a beta!" and then did not fix anything by retail release. Considering that my faults with MoH are purely design oriented I don't see them fixing that any time soon.

Unless they do something to fix the fact that the game is so generic than I don't see it being any good at all.

Also, that beta argument is just as useless as the last beta was only a beta to stress test the server load while still allowing you to play around with a better build. You took a beta changelog from the first beta also, this one had no fixes as of yet.

I have fun with it, but they need to lower the damage on the semi auto sniper rifles, and the shotguns. The semi auto snipers feel way too cheap, it takes me 1 to 2 shots at any range and its semi automatic, so you just need to spam the trigger to get a kill. I understand they're snipers, but I like their damage in the first beta personally; 3-4 shots. The shotguns keep killing me at long ranges in 1 hit. Its [developmentally delayed]ed. I can understand close ranges, but not when I'm a decent distance away. Most matches I played in combat mission were just M21/SVD snipers, and Sector control was a talentless shotgun and sniping fest, though I still did decent on both, it's extremely frustrating.

I agree with Nadril on the recoil, though. Or moreover, gun kickback, I can shoot far with many weapons. They did release a statement saying that recoil is not something they can emulate easily. Or something along the lines of that, I apologize that I cannot find the specific link to the article they wrote, I will edit this post if and when I find it.

There is also a bit of controversy surrounding the level system. Here is a video for the unlock tree thus far. Its a pretty small list, but apparently a new tree may unlock after you attain Tier One Warfighter Status. Hopefully this is the case, because the tree in that video is pretty tiny. Bunches of people saying that's the beta tree, etc...

Despite my constant rambling, I do thoroughly enjoy the game, it's by no means spectacular or revolutionary, but I have my fair share of fun. The single player is where I think it will be at, though. Everyone who has the early release says its pretty incredible. Tier 1 mode, which is basically CoD4 arcade mode, might be fun as well.

EDIT: Also, the singleplayer. I've heard it can range anywhere from 5 to 12 hours. Many different stories on that, I think they said its based on difficulty. Danger Close said 8-12 hours, so thats what I'm hoping for. The four hour thing is bull [cabbage], though, those were a bunch of trolls trolling when the live stream of the singleplayer campaign went offline after 4 hours because EA requested the live stream to be taken down. Its now back up in case anyone wants to view it here. I'm sure as hell not watching it. *restrains hand from clicking link*

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

EDIT: Also, the singleplayer. I've heard it can range anywhere from 5 to 12 hours. Many different stories on that, I think they said its based on difficulty. Danger Close said 8-12 hours, so thats what I'm hoping for. The four hour thing is bull [cabbage], though, those were a bunch of trolls trolling when the live stream of the singleplayer campaign went offline after 4 hours because EA requested the live stream to be taken down. Its now back up in case anyone wants to view it here. I'm sure as hell not watching it. *restrains hand from clicking link*

http://www.justin.tv/mrbbg/videos

It was this stream that completed it around 4 hours. He had to take the ending down, but he says in the 30 min video it took just over 4 hours to complete

k9999-crazyarm.gif