Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Medal of Honor

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB
With the discussion of MoH in the COD black ops thread, I though it was appropriate to make a thread for it. While at first I was discourged that DICE was making thew game (My thoughs were it was going to become a clone of BFBC2. Not that is a bad thing, I played BFBC2 for over 200 hours, so I was worried it being to much like it.) it seems as though EA games and DICE have made changes to MoH that can make it an elite FPS. While I'm still believe it was fall short of the Black ops in terms of popularity, I feel as though it will be a great game for sure.
Here is some info I got of the game from IGN:
Medal of Honor leaves the WWII theater and enters the modern day setting of war-torn Afghanistan seen though the lens of a small band of fictional characters.

The new Medal of Honor introduces players to the Tier 1 Operator, an elite warrior and relatively unknown instrument of the U.S. Military that operates under the National Command Authority, taking on missions no one else can handle.

In addition to a full single-player campaign mode, developer EALA has enlisted Battlefield creator EA DICE to supply the multiplayer experience of Medal of Honor. The game features a weapon customization system and a range of tactical and team-based modes for up to 24 players, including Team Assault, Combat Mission, and more.

Link:
http://xbox360.ign.c...037/037290.html

Some videos I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtfzvKRSTWM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMqRm2IpuI0

Im really excited for this game and just pre ordered it.

So let the discussion being (I hope...)

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

a_bert
[ Display Name History ]

a_bert

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,417 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Lgimmvp
hnnnnnerggggggggggg awesome fps itt
'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Tsar
[ Display Name History ]

Tsar

The Ace Of Spades

• Members
  • 947 posts
  • RSN:Tsar
  • RSN2:Silk Spectre
  • Clan:The Slayers Guild
Hmm...

define: Epic fail
> log in to log out

Needs moar testing.
Posted Image

a_bert
[ Display Name History ]

a_bert

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,417 posts
indeed; rather than just removing the log out button for when you are not logged in, it simply explains that if you want to log out you should log in so that you can log out

man that's so [cabbage] im not buying the game because it states the obvious

Overdoziz
[ Display Name History ]

Overdoziz

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,241 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
The (first) beta was pretty awful, like it was trying to be BC2 in CoD maps. Everything just felt off.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

TheValeyard
[ Display Name History ]

TheValeyard

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,490 posts
  • RSN:Dan Princeps
Troll? And IIRC there was a thread for it though its probably been pushed back several pages.

To be fair, the singleplayer does look quite good. Not worth the price of admission, but good. But only because because its completely seperate from the multiplayer right down to the engine.

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Multiplayer in this game feels like a sham to me. It feels like they got a bunch of guys down to focus test "what the kids want" and this game is the product of that.

There is nothing in it that makes me want to buy it over other fps games coming out. It's technically proficient (unlike last beta) but it's just a dull game. Also the gun balance in the game is going to be dumb as hell. It felt like I was playing on a hardcore more server the entire time with these dead accurated guns (even a 74U being totally accurate across the map) that have quite literally no recoil. The LMG is going to be even more realistic than it was in bad company 2 because, again, it is super accurate, has a 100 bullet clip and again has no recoil. Oh but it's balanced because it can't quite shoot all the way across the map (only 3/4ths of it).

I just... you call all of these CoD4 games clones (and don't get me wrong I've been out of the series for CoD5 and MW2) but than you back this game which feels like the most generic thing I've ever played? I just don't know why you would want to play this game over Black Ops to be honest.

Oh and the game also feels like a poorly done console port, but whatever. Ah and the ad campaign about how this is the "most realistic war game ever" is really annoying me for some reason after playing it. This isn't realism, it isn't even close.

sarg1010
[ Display Name History ]

sarg1010

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
  • RSN:Sarg1010
  • RSN2:Teh Sarg

Oh and the game also feels like a poorly done console port, but whatever. Ah and the ad campaign about how this is the "most realistic war game ever" is really annoying me for some reason after playing it. This isn't realism, it isn't even close.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't played the beta or anything but...

Not everything is focused around multiplayer. The ad campaign might not have been about the multiplayer. WHY DOES EVERYONE JUDGE A GAME BASED SOLELY ON MULTIPLAYER. It's so annoying when people say "Oh this game is total crap. I mean, the multiplayer sucks!" (e.g. MW2) Yea, because multiplayer is EVERYTHING right? Who cares about the singleplayer story, or any added features (like Spec Ops). I've had my xbox for quite a while, and have barely had LIVE for a year (less-than actually). Since I couldn't ever play online, I always got pretty hooked to the singleplayer stuff. Some games have AMAZING singleplayer stuff (this one looks decent, so I might get it.), but people who own the game just blow it off for multiplayer and judge it solely on that! It's very annoying <_<
[/rant]

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

TheValeyard
[ Display Name History ]

TheValeyard

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,490 posts

Not everything is focused around multiplayer. The ad campaign might not have been about the multiplayer. WHY DOES EVERYONE JUDGE A GAME BASED SOLELY ON MULTIPLAYER. It's so annoying when people say "Oh this game is total crap. I mean, the multiplayer sucks!" (e.g. MW2) Yea, because multiplayer is EVERYTHING right? Who cares about the singleplayer story, or any added features (like Spec Ops). I've had my xbox for quite a while, and have barely had LIVE for a year (less-than actually). Since I couldn't ever play online, I always got pretty hooked to the singleplayer stuff. Some games have AMAZING singleplayer stuff (this one looks decent, so I might get it.), but people who own the game just blow it off for multiplayer and judge it solely on that! It's very annoying
[/rant]

Simply because multiplayer is where the meat is in these CoD style FPSs. Don't get me wrong, CoD4 singleplayer was amazing, I've completed it on veteran 3 times, CoD WaW's was solid, and even MW2's was passable. But its short as hell, you can run through all 3 in ~5 hours on normal, maybe add a couple for hardened and a fair amount more for veteran (apart from MW2). That is not value for money, unless you can get them cheap, which 9 times out of 10 means waiting about 6 months or so. MW2's spec ops doesn't have you coming back for a better score like WaW's zombie mode, which carried its ok multiplayer. Personally I've spent hundreds of hours on CoD multiplayer, I'd say I even got my dough's worth out of MW2 before I threw in the towel.

So yeah I understand your argument but its completely misplaced when dealing with these kinds of games.

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts

Not everything is focused around multiplayer. The ad campaign might not have been about the multiplayer. WHY DOES EVERYONE JUDGE A GAME BASED SOLELY ON MULTIPLAYER. It's so annoying when people say "Oh this game is total crap. I mean, the multiplayer sucks!" (e.g. MW2) Yea, because multiplayer is EVERYTHING right? Who cares about the singleplayer story, or any added features (like Spec Ops). I've had my xbox for quite a while, and have barely had LIVE for a year (less-than actually). Since I couldn't ever play online, I always got pretty hooked to the singleplayer stuff. Some games have AMAZING singleplayer stuff (this one looks decent, so I might get it.), but people who own the game just blow it off for multiplayer and judge it solely on that! It's very annoying <_<
[/rant]

Because I don't care about playing a single player war game story. Should I edit my post to "moh's MULTIPLAYER" sucks to make you feel better?

Oh and MW2 sucked because the single AND multiplayer was bad.

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
My hopes for this game is to try to have two fps I can play. I do have black ops pre ordered and plan on playing it a lot. But for me if I play a game to long ill just get bored of it. With both MoH and COD I should have two fps I can enjoy. Just don't get my hopes down on this one...I really hope its worth it...

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

TheValeyard
[ Display Name History ]

TheValeyard

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,490 posts
I'd get Halo Reach if you want a 2nd FPS, I was skeptic about it but its actually really good. A prime example of value for money whilst this is the exact opposite.

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
I did get halo reach, and it was okay. But I really didn't get into it. So with that said Im going to get MoH in hopes for a game that I will enjoy.

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

a_bert
[ Display Name History ]

a_bert

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,417 posts
I play TF2 as a main fps, so realism doesn't bother me at all, I like the slightly arcadey feel to it.

I back this game because it sounds nicer than COD, and it's faster paced than BC2.

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts

I play TF2 as a main fps, so realism doesn't bother me at all, I like the slightly arcadey feel to it.

I back this game because it sounds nicer than COD, and it's faster paced than BC2.

It's not the realism I care about. I just think that the guns feel dumb.

Vansing
[ Display Name History ]

Vansing

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • RSN:Vansing
I played the open beta and i think its terrible.
There is absolutely no recoil on guns, like nadril said, and if you throw a grenade it blows up literally 2 seconds later, and for it to kill someone it has to be pretty much right under them. And dont get me started on the rpg/at4... :thumbdown:
The maps are boring as well, and the ones i played on are far too small.

mcneilp
[ Display Name History ]

mcneilp

SlĂ inte

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
I might get this for the single player once it's dropped in price a fair bit but for online, the new COD looks like the one to go for.
It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below
Scottish friction
Scottish fiction

Ezz
[ Display Name History ]

Ezz

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 899 posts
  • RSN:Ez
Tried the beta yesterday for 2 hours or so, never going to touch it again. Just not my thing, I'll stick to COD4 until Black Ops comes out.
[Insert birds flying in a circle here]
Yes, that sig was annoying.

Verminox
[ Display Name History ]

Verminox

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 853 posts
Heh, single player is 4 hours.
Posted Image

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts
Why must you do this Video Game industry.
Why must you make me want to give you more money!
"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users