Cheapest supercompost

010jonathan

or the fertile soil spell

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Last time i checked they were only 1k in the Grand Exchange. Why bother/waste time to get them by yourself?

If you're already making farming rounds it's not a big deal to bring 15 coconut shells along and toss them in the bin.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I buy the daily 40 pineapples from Arhein in Catherby and (when short) I also get the 40 free pineapples from Dell Monti in Brimhaven. Picking the four plants there, you can get 100 pineapples a day (costs 80 gp for Arhein's) with next to no effort.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

[14:24] <@Ninane> !spell fertile soil

[14:24] -[VV]RuneScript- *** [ SPELL ]: Fertile Soil | Level: 83 | Exp: 87ea | Runes: 3 astral, 15 earth, 2 nature | Cost: 1,457gp - 1,534gp - 1,611gp

[14:24] <@Ninane> .ge supercompost

[14:24] -[VV]RuneScript- *** [ GE ]: [M] Supercompost: 931gp 980gp 1,029gp (Today: +10/1%) (1 Week: +2/0.2%) (2 Week: +23/2.4%) (3 Week: +55/5.9%) (4 Week: -41/4%) | 4 week average price: 964gp

It's cheaper to buy the compost from the GE than use that spell, looking solely at price.

Using a mixture of coconut shells and pinapples are one of the best ways to go.

hzvjpwS.gif

Last time i checked they were only 1k in the Grand Exchange. Why bother/waste time to get them by yourself?

If you're already making farming rounds it's not a big deal to bring 15 coconut shells along and toss them in the bin.

Even less deal to buy them in G.E =)

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

[14:24] -[VV]RuneScript- *** [ SPELL ]: Fertile Soil | Level: 83 | Exp: 87ea | Runes: 3 astral, 15 earth, 2 nature | Cost: 1,457gp - 1,534gp - 1,611gp

[14:24] -[VV]RuneScript- *** [ GE ]: [M] Supercompost: 931gp 980gp 1,029gp (Today: +10/1%) (1 Week: +2/0.2%) (2 Week: +23/2.4%) (3 Week: +55/5.9%) (4 Week: -41/4%) | 4 week average price: 964gp

It's cheaper to buy the compost from the GE than use that spell, looking solely at price.

You can use fertile soil on a patch AFTER planting the seed, and it's actually faster, so if we're talking efficiency, fertile soil is worth using for faster runs.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

You can use fertile soil on a patch AFTER planting the seed, and it's actually faster, so if we're talking efficiency, fertile soil is worth using for faster runs.

Why would you talk about efficiency in a thread that focuses SOLELY on price and nothing else? I see your logic but it's nowhere even close to what the OP requested.

hzvjpwS.gif

Why would you talk about efficiency in a thread that focuses SOLELY on price and nothing else? I see your logic but it's nowhere even close to what the OP requested.

Because I can? :huh: Next time I'll forgo the useful information, jeez.

dgs5.jpg

Because I can? :huh: Next time I'll forgo the useful information, jeez.

We're talking about farming runs here (which are what, 5 minutes?), using fertile soil will probably speed up your run by a couple seconds. I think you're taking this efficiency thing a little too far in this situation.

Staurolite.png

Fertile Soil is better. The calculations above do not consider the magic xp nor do they consider the fact that you save 6 or so inventory spaces, which actually speeds runs up considerably.

Also, being on lunars means you can shave a few more seconds off the run using Catherby teleport/Fishing Guild teleport (if you don't have Ardy Cape or used your 1 tele and don't have elite).

All this coupled with the fact that it's a little faster anyway and can still fertilize the patch if there's stuff in it.

Also, it might "only" be 5 minutes, but if you do everything to speed up a run, you can actually do it in 4 minutes or less. If you can pull 150k profit per run (arbitrary number), you make 450k more per hour of effort. If you would like to give me 450k every hour you spend in-game and not care about it, then you'd be justified in saying that every second doesn't count.

Fertile Soil is better. The calculations above do not consider the magic xp nor do they consider the fact that you save 6 or so inventory spaces, which actually speeds runs up considerably.

Also, being on lunars means you can shave a few more seconds off the run using Catherby teleport/Fishing Guild teleport (if you don't have Ardy Cape or used your 1 tele and don't have elite).

All this coupled with the fact that it's a little faster anyway and can still fertilize the patch if there's stuff in it.

Also, it might "only" be 5 minutes, but if you do everything to speed up a run, you can actually do it in 4 minutes or less. If you can pull 150k profit per run (arbitrary number), you make 450k more per hour of effort. If you would like to give me 450k every hour you spend in-game and not care about it, then you'd be justified in saying that every second doesn't count.

Got a point. Lunars are the best for farming. Catherby Tele, Fertile soil, lunar tele, spellbook swap. Generally more efficent.

Yeah, and then I have to walk all the way to Lunar Isle when I want to superheat/mine. I get to cast spellbook swap every time I want to go to Trollheim. I lose the ability to conveniently teleport to Varrok, Lumbridge, Falador, etc...

Lunars are a huge pain for most players. Unless you farm all the time and happen to never have to move around the east side of the map, it's not even close to efficient to leave Lunars on all the time. You're either wasting bank space on a bunch of random teleport tablets, wasting time and money with house tablet -> portal room, or wasting time and money and inventory space with spellbook swap -> teleport. And then you still have to go switch if you ever want to be able to superheat while you mine or alch on a slayer task/boss hunt.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Yeah, and then I have to walk all the way to Lunar Isle when I want to superheat/mine. I get to cast spellbook swap every time I want to go to Trollheim. I lose the ability to conveniently teleport to Varrok, Lumbridge, Falador, etc...

Lunars are a huge pain for most players. Unless you farm all the time and happen to never have to move around the east side of the map, it's not even close to efficient to leave Lunars on all the time. You're either wasting bank space on a bunch of random teleport tablets, wasting time and money with house tablet -> portal room, or wasting time and money and inventory space with spellbook swap -> teleport. And then you still have to go switch if you ever want to be able to superheat while you mine or alch on a slayer task/boss hunt.

Depends on what you're doing, really. When I was getting 99 magic, I used to lunars (and Zaaps' guide, incidentally) for farm runs because it would've been very inefficient for me to switch back to modern magics for them.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. It's situational, really.

dgs5.jpg

Oh another plus of Lunars is that you can instantly cure plants. Very often I do farm runs close to each other, so close that if a plant is diseased, it's not dead by the time I check it. On modern, you'd have to buy one of those annoying plant cures.

1. Astral Tablets.

2. It takes 5 seconds and you can boost to cast Spellbook Swap.

3. You have teletabs.

4. You can chip house tablets so you never have to set foot in your house

5. You have Lumby Ring for alching on slayer tasks/bosses. How many alchs do you honestly need? Not more than 30/50 w/e

1. Astral Tablets.

3. You have teletabs.

5. You have Lumby Ring for alching on slayer tasks/bosses. How many alchs do you honestly need? Not more than 30/50 w/e

1. Yeah, because playing GOP totally isn't a waste of time. I use astral tablets, but I still try to switch sparingly to avoid having to collect more of those tokens. That minigame is awful.

2. I'm 99 magic. It's just that dealing with spellbook swap is annoying, particularly when you aren't at a bank and have to lug the runes around with you.

3. As I said, wasting bank space on a stack of teletabs for everywhere I'd like to teleport to is not my idea of efficient.

4. This has nothing to do with anything I said. Modern mages can do this too.

5. Lumby ring takes an annoying amount of time to use and requires you to be out of combat. This makes it utterly pointless for slayer and inconvenient for bossing.

The fact is, every Lunar teleport is niche (the closest thing to useful is the Catherby teleport, which saves a negligible amount of time per run), and it has no advantage outside Runecrafting, farming, and Vengeance. If you runecraft or farm a lot, great, use Lunars. If you do other stuff, it's really annoying being on Lunars all the time and generally not worth it.

I don't have spellbook swap (or the extreme mages to cast it) so I don't know how convenient lunars are with it, but I'm with Green on this. Swap taking only 5 seconds is probably more than you save using fertile soil. Teletabs cost more than regular teleports, and lunar teleports cost more than regular ones (that's worth another second right there).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

You don't even need teletabs really for farming on lunars, some of these u amy say are a bit odd but if you route urself they are easily uasable.

Allotments: Cathurby teleport, cabbage-port, ectophial, ardougne cape*

Trees: Cabbage-port/fally house portal, Games necklace to burthorpe (or run from fally)**, Glory/varrock portal/hot air balloon/spirit tree, glory/canoe from varrock, tree spirits

Fruit Trees: Cathurby Telle, spirit tree/duel ring/port khazard***, Glory/karamja gloves+cart/spirit tree patch/boat from ardy(via cloak tele), spirit tree, lleyta tele crystal

Specials: Glory, fairy ring, Glory/karamja gloves+cart/spirit tree patch/boat from ardy(via cloak tele).

They only remotely long winded one is trollheim patch and I didnt even include fairy rings in some of thoose above (eg fairy ring by legends for ardy allotment)

*If you dont have elite fishing guild tele or skills necklace are only marginally slower

**Goblin Village moving over distance sphere and hot air balloon to taverly work too

***This is prob the most akward on lunars but still easily doable

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

1. Astral Tablets.

3. You have teletabs.

1. Yeah, because playing GOP totally isn't a waste of time. I use astral tablets, but I still try to switch sparingly to avoid having to collect more of those tokens. That minigame is awful.

2. I'm 99 magic. It's just that dealing with spellbook swap is annoying, particularly when you aren't at a bank and have to lug the runes around with you.

3. As I said, wasting bank space on a stack of teletabs for everywhere I'd like to teleport to is not my idea of efficient.

4. This has nothing to do with anything I said. Modern mages can do this too.

5. Lumby ring takes an annoying amount of time to use and requires you to be out of combat. This makes it utterly pointless for slayer and inconvenient for bossing.

The fact is, every Lunar teleport is niche (the closest thing to useful is the Catherby teleport, which saves a negligible amount of time per run), and it has no advantage outside Runecrafting, farming, and Vengeance. If you runecraft or farm a lot, great, use Lunars. If you do other stuff, it's really annoying being on Lunars all the time and generally not worth it.

Tell me what's so great about modern magic?

Spellbook Swap doesn't cost 1m to cast, it's no big deal for one teleport. Teletabs are a quick solution and tbh it's not hard to find the space for the 4 or so tabs you'll need. A handful of seconds isn't very much to ask, if you're too impatient to wait it out, get up and stretch or something. That'll take up the time.

What's so great about alching? Very little, I can say. Yes, you can alch a few things for a few thousand coins. But tell me where this will actually produce a significant profit? If you REALLY need that alch, step out of combat for 5 seconds and alch the item. It's not hard.

Plus, Lunars is actually BETTER for slayer. It's really not worth bringing alchs to slayer tasks, as you either only end up getting a minimal amount of coins or just waste space. With Lunars, you get the ability to use NPC contact which can save a ton of time. Excluding the obvious advantage of being able to use any bank (and if you need to cancel, use Slayer Ring to Sumona, then NPC contact again) and get a new task, you can bring to runes to tasks like Spiritual Mages and potential camp there for 2 tasks instead of 1.