Prayer Drain Rate

Crazykid1321

I've read somewhere that Prayer bonus becomes less effective relating to Prayer point drain rate at a point.

Can someone dig this up for me, because I cannot find this post/thread with our search (probably using the wrong keywords) or if you can't find the specific post, can someone please supply me when the specific formula of prayer drain rate and it's effectiveness with added prayer bonus?

songokusigtif.png

People just make that (Correct) generalization around on the threads, but I haven't seen any specific formulas for it here on TIF. I think people recommend around 15-20 prayer bonus, and trying to add anything else over equipment that boosts offensive stats is a waste.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

according to runehq's prayer drain calc, the relationship between prayer bonus and drain rate is linear.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I've said that prayer bonus gets diminishing returns dozens of times, so that would be me who said that.

RS wiki says that prayer drain rate is a proportional to:

(30 + Prayer bonus)/30

so if you have 0 prayer bonus, you drain at 1x normal rate.

if you have +30 prayer bonus, you drain at 0.5x normal rate.

And of course, this equation says you need +90 prayer bonus for 0.25x normal rate.

+1 prayer bonus at 0 prayer bonus, will save you many more prayer potion doses

then +1 prayer bonus at +30 prayer bonus for example.

that is what I meant by diminishing returns.

So in terms of pure cash savings per hour, each additional prayer point stops mattering once you already have a pretty high bonus.

I always use this equation for calculating how many potions to bring to slayer.

And it's never failed me.

Naaxi.png

Thanks, I needed that, because I'm trying to convince someone that Bandos > Veracs and Z spear >= CLS @ Frost Dragons.

But instead I'm getting:

Dood if you can still believe that, ignorance is bliss. Ima let you finish, but the cls was the beet invention of all time.

:(

I'm even getting some Chaotic Longsword > Chaotic Rapier (@ frosties) from this conversation. :/

Thanks, Grimy.

songokusigtif.png

But aren't the chaotic weapons far better at frosties?

Since the whole point is dragons are weak to stab, so you want maximum stab bonus.

cls has 107 stab

cr has 94

Zammy spear has 85

I fail to see how prayer relates to this since non have prayer bonus, but with the stab usage in mind ZS is clearly the worst choice of the 3, especially after you factor in that it is 2 handed opposed to 1 handed meaning you sacrifice shield spot to use it.

Bandos is probably better option than veracs depending on what prayers you are using and your stats; but theres no grounds what so ever to say ZS is better weapon.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

But aren't the chaotic weapons far better at frosties?Since the whole point is dragons are weak to stab, so you want maximum stab bonus.

cls has 107 stab

cr has 94

Zammy spear has 85

I fail to see how prayer relates to this since non have prayer bonus, but with the stab usage in mind ZS is clearly the worst choice of the 3, especially after you factor in that it is 2 handed opposed to 1 handed meaning you sacrifice shield spot to use it.

Bandos is probably better option than veracs depending on what prayers you are using and your stats; but theres no grounds what so ever to say ZS is better weapon.

Zamorakian spear has 2 prayer bonus.

Oh yeah totall missed that in my skimming.

But still unless you have like <10 prayer bonus it doesn't warrant dropping like 20 stab bonus.

20 extra stab is gonna save you more in ppots than +2 prayer.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Oh yeah totall missed that in my skimming.

But still unless you have like <10 prayer bonus it doesn't warrant dropping like 20 stab bonus.

20 extra stab is gonna save you more in ppots than +2 prayer.

This would all be true if CLS was the same speed as ZS, let alone rapier. ZS would get a few kills less an hour than CLS, but usually not enough to justify the 90k an hour price tag(with all accuracy boosts, it's next to a tossup).

Also, anyone still looking at accuracy bonuses alone really deserves to be called an idiot. Even with 41 more stab bonus the CLS has(with defender), there is no way to make up for that loss in speed. The prayer bonus on a ZS is insignificant(as you are bound to have 20+ anyway).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I fail to see your line of argument agaisnt me here?

ZS prayer bonus insignificant = CLS is better

ZS would get a few less kills = CLS is better

ZS is less accurate on stab = CLS is better.

Yes CLS probably costs more in the recharge unless you recharge it purely on tokens, but its still a better weapon for killing frost dragons.

I mean no-one factors the cost of barrows repairs into things so why factor in CLS etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I fail to see your line of argument agaisnt me here?

ZS prayer bonus insignificant = CLS is better

ZS would get a few less kills = CLS is better

ZS is less accurate on stab = CLS is better.

Yes CLS probably costs more in the recharge unless you recharge it purely on tokens, but its still a better weapon for killing frost dragons.

I mean no-one factors the cost of barrows repairs into things so why factor in CLS etc.

Noone factors in ge price for blue partyhat, does that mean that it's insignificant?

Yes, CLS is better, but not better enough to justify using it. By your logic, onyx bolts are always better than broad bolts.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Because cls costs more? Barrows is like... 1k per hour? 2k? Cls is more like 60-90k (depending on how much you are in combat; higher means better in this case).

You conviently forget that zspear has more speed, and the same speed as the dragons. This makes ss flicking much easier, and the one tick advantage translates to 25% more dps.

And you also forget the rapier, but I suppose that's just not relevant as it's far better than any other weapon.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted