DGing with a group

Myweponsg00d

Hi. For the past year or two I haven't really had much time to play this game. But now, I am playing more often and would like to get my character back up to the "end game" status that I once had..So I need to do some DG to get the chaotic stuff.

So far, I have leveled purely with solo. I'd like to start finding groups to play with, as I have heard this is way faster. I have a few questions about this process.

1.) Where is the best place to find groups? I don't have many friends who are still playing...need to make some new ones.

2.) What should I have bound before I start grouping? Right now I have gorg plate + spear + some prom arrows. I have heard a lot about shadow hoods...is this "expected" on the higher level teams?

3.) Any other tips about the process in general? The common group speed strategies? Stuff like that

If there is a guide out there that can help answer these questions, let me know.

Thanks

EDIT: Oh, one more question...the ring. What ring is the most popular to have? Is it worth it to upgrade the ring? I havent spent any points yet.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

1) Well w117 is for starters. Once you get 80+ you can go to w148 where it is very faster.

2) You can't get the hoods right now because they are on those higher lvl floors. Bind anything promethium. Have someone make you prom 2h + plate. Law runes are a better bind than the arrows.

3) Use gatestones to your advantage. When you see the person with the ggs(group gate stone) run past a room with dangerous monsters, wait for him to go past it then ggs so you dont have to take any damage but still end up where he is at. Whenever I start out a dungeon, I usually buy a toolkit, make astrals, and cosmics for antipoison.

Edit: You can't use the ring with the spear because it has no overlapping style. Bind the promethium 2h and use the berserker style

Manitstinks.gif

lolud0.pnglol2ni3.png

Follow the above advice except that you can get hood on lower floors - it's just more common on higher ones. It is true that the expert teams require you to use hoods, but you aren't going to get into an expert team any time soon anyway. Just do the highest floors you can do on 5:5 larges and you should get a hood by the time you can start thinking about those teams.

Hegel.png

The biggest tip I can give you is just to do exactly what your keyer says without question. That, more than anything, is what separates annoying stupid noobs from good teammates. If they say GGS, you drop what you're doing immediately and teleport. If they tell you to clear a room, do it. If they ask someone to gate a door, do it, and remember what doors are near your gate.

If you think you have better stuff to do than listen to your keyer, you are actively slowing down the dungeon. Don't do it.

Also- make sure to get yourself a toolkit and some law, cosmic, and astral runes asap. Laws and cosmics are important for getting around efficiently, and with astrals you can cast cure group after a spider goes down.

For a slightly more advanced tactic, you can help your keyer out if there's nothing else you're supposed to be doing. Just pick a dead end, go to it, and find out what key it is. If you right click the keyer's name and click inspect, you can see their inventory and thus what keys the team has found. If you find a door that the keyer has the key for, drop a gatestone there, ask the keyer to drop the key, teleport to the GGS to pick it up, and then teleport back to your gate to open the door. That lets your team advance more quickly than if everyone just sits around doing nothing until there's a GD to clear.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

The biggest tip I can give you is just to do exactly what your keyer says without question. That, more than anything, is what separates annoying stupid noobs from good teammates. If they say GGS, you drop what you're doing immediately and teleport. If they tell you to clear a room, do it. If they ask someone to gate a door, do it, and remember what doors are near your gate.

If you think you have better stuff to do than listen to your keyer, you are actively slowing down the dungeon. Don't do it.

Also- make sure to get yourself a toolkit and some law, cosmic, and astral runes asap. Laws and cosmics are important for getting around efficiently, and with astrals you can cast cure group after a spider goes down.

For a slightly more advanced tactic, you can help your keyer out if there's nothing else you're supposed to be doing. Just pick a dead end, go to it, and find out what key it is. If you right click the keyer's name and click inspect, you can see their inventory and thus what keys the team has found. If you find a door that the keyer has the key for, drop a gatestone there, ask the keyer to drop the key, teleport to the GGS to pick it up, and then teleport back to your gate to open the door. That lets your team advance more quickly than if everyone just sits around doing nothing until there's a GD to clear.

thats what seperates the people a good dgneer adds from the people they dont lol=)

StarViv.png

Thank you guys all very much. I like to be a good player...lol.

All helpful advice so far. If anyone else has anything to add, feel free. Otherwise I think I'm all set to start DGing with a purpose. :shades:

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

http://forum.tip.it/topic/271612-comprehensive-dungeoneering-guide/

http://forum.tip.it/topic/273062-the-non-keyers-guide-to-dungeoneering/

http://forum.tip.it/topic/273063-guide-to-keying-in-dungeoneering/

My guides for dungeoneering. theyre very long but cover a lot of the things you need to know. slightly out of date.

Might revamp them after Warped comes out and I get back into DG. went from 1500 rank to 3500, how sad

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Just a tip (not mine, btw): you can easily get a hood in a few hours by doing c6 solo medium abandoned 2 floors (so floors 30-35) and hitting all the dead ends, but skipping the boss and exiting. It's also decent xp for low lvs -- ~1.8kxp per 5-10 min. I got mine in less than 2 hours. :shades:

Wow 2 hours for a stupid hood >.>

it's well worth it i think.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Not really. Most of the rooms in a large are usually very full with monsters that can see through your hood. Once you are exposed, you're like a dummy ready to be owned. Meanwhile, I can tank with my prom plate (at least a little). I still can't see why people discriminate again people with no hood. Very overrated piece of crapage.

Manitstinks.gif

lolud0.pnglol2ni3.png

Not really. Most of the rooms in a large are usually very full with monsters that can see through your hood. Once you are exposed, you're like a dummy ready to be owned. Meanwhile, I can tank with my prom plate (at least a little). I still can't see why people discriminate again people with no hood. Very overrated piece of crapage.

Are you serious? I've been on teams with 1-2 members not hooded and they use considerably more food than the rest of the team and they also seemed to die quite often. I'd never trade hood for plate..

Low_C.png

plate > hood = nice joke

sigcopyaf.png

Yeah, and food isn't the only problem for non-hooded players. It only takes one emote room to slow a floor down if a single player isn't hooded. Altar rooms have to be cleared more thoroughly (if at all) for non-hooded players. Things like that. It's very definitive that having a hood > not having a hood.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Are you serious? I've been on teams with 1-2 members not hooded and they use considerably more food than the rest of the team and they also seemed to die quite often. I'd never trade hood for plate..

Based on my experience from hood i would say it's overrated. For lower levels it may be useful, but for high levels who can wear Promethium armor, hood is overrated. I still use hood over Prom armor because i can easily make those. But once Primal platebody comes out, i will bind that instead.

It seems that:

50% monsters are non-humnoid

50% are humnoid

Amogn those 50% humnoid, in 40% of case there is a necromancer or mage, who will disable your hood's special ability. So i find it that at the best the hood is 20% useful.

Rofl, I guess all the pro 100+ dungeoneers are wrong if 2 people say that hood sucks.

I've keyed floors on abandoned using 10 food with only hood before I got my 3rd bind.

First of all, the players with 100 Dungeoneering has level 100, which means they can bind three items. Blood necklace+Hood+Weapon. These three combo is of course very good. But if you have two bind, Hood won't help u as much.

And i rather go with my own experience, than what majority says. Not always majority is right. Until i can bind three items, i will say this: Hood is not very good. And once Primal platebody comes out, i will bind that as third item instead of Hood.

P.S You got three binds, of course that makes it possible for you to use little food. Soul split+ Blood necklace/Prom plate+ Hood = healing>Not much food needed.

The hood doesn't prevent as much damage as a plate in some (mostly full) rooms, but it's real strength is in the ability to completely ignore some monsters. That is, it probably won't help you as much if you're clearing everything anyway, but if you are rushing, it's invaluable to leave those primal warriors where they are and just go on.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted