Antivirus

Death123141

Of the free game:

Microsoft Security Essentials can't really be faulted though they can be a little slow on blocking new ones though only the crud ones tht dont do alot.

AVG Free is pretty much the best you can get on the free market. (AVG paid is even better but the free one still outclasses most paid ones in terms of what it catches)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Of the free game:

Microsoft Security Essentials can't really be faulted though they can be a little slow on blocking new ones though only the crud ones tht dont do alot.

AVG Free is pretty much the best you can get on the free market. (AVG paid is even better but the free one still outclasses most paid ones in terms of what it catches)

This is wrong, Avg was best before, now its just worse than ever (alot of false reporting). Third party reviewers have given Microsoft Security Essentials the top score lately. MSE isn't slow on blocking the newer viruses either, just as fast as everyone else. I would even say Avira is better than AVG.

tl;dr

MSE>AVAST>AVIRA>AVG (according to 3rd party testers, on the web and in PC World Norway)

Also make sure you dont have two antivirus installed at the same time, it clogs up the quarantine folder.

Its also proven that you dont need any paid antiviruses, they're just memory hogs.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Of the free game:

This is wrong, Avg was best before, now its just worse than ever (alot of false reporting). Third party reviewers have given Microsoft Security Essentials the top score lately. MSE isn't slow on blocking the newer viruses either, just as fast as everyone else. I would even say Avira is better than AVG.

tl;dr

MSE>AVAST>AVIRA>AVG (according to 3rd party testers, on the web and in PC World Norway)

Also make sure you dont have two antivirus installed at the same time, it clogs up the quarantine folder.

Its also proven that you dont need any paid antiviruses, they're just memory hogs.

Okay I'll try out MSE thanks everyone.

AVG is not bad AT ALL False reporting is bs. I've got the full latest AVG I get no false reports.

It is the best according to all reviews, heck pretty much all decently qualified independent computer service people recommend it

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

AVG is not bad AT ALL False reporting is bs. I've got the full latest AVG I get no false reports.

It is the best according to all reviews, heck pretty much all decently qualified independent computer service people recommend it

AVG was best 2 years ago, now it has fallen to be one of the worst antiviruses as far as my experience and what I see goes.

Avast 5 is pretty nice. Switched to it after some issue with MSE using 50% of my CPU cycles and it does fine for me.

XP, Vista or 7? Sometimes it can clash with Windows Defender and screw up if it wasn't able to shut it down properly on install, mostly only on XP.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Avast 5 is pretty nice. Switched to it after some issue with MSE using 50% of my CPU cycles and it does fine for me.

XP, Vista or 7? Sometimes it can clash with Windows Defender and screw up if it wasn't able to shut it down properly on install, mostly only on XP.

If your installiing an anti-virus you shuldnt have windows defender turned on...

Plv6Dz6.jpg

If your installiing an anti-virus you shuldnt have windows defender turned on...

That's exactly what indy500fan was saying, antiviruses usually shut windows defender down when they are installed, but apparently with MSE on Windows XP it doesn't always do that.

lol.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

But free AVs simply do not compare to ones you have to pay for.

That's generalising a lot, and that's not really true. Paid AVs are often more complex and they're more likely to be CPU hogs, and all of those extra processes probably won't be necessary if the users are known to have good browsing and downloading habits, with a pinch of common sense. They'd be necessary if it's a public computer or ones which connect to important networks normally seen at workplaces, but for private ones you're usually better off getting a good free one like MSE.

~ W ~

sigzi.png