IRC dungeoneering.

Earth

... MAther, are you paying attention? AT. [bleep]ING. ALL? If you want the extra skill points, then you have to aling yourself. thats the dealie.

Grim, Good idea, but it's only to level 5 until you hit level 10 with a magic skill, then level 10 imbuing, then 15 at level 20.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have MSN. And my intranet is flipping the [bleep] out, so it'd be a no go anyways. So, you get one point, Mather.. Weapon?

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Duh. I told you that literally 5 seconds ago.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Does that rule apply to all classes or do by taking the artificer skill class (and only two skill points) do I bypass that requirement (possibly with a prohibition for learning elemental casting)?

LNYvk.png

You have the umbuing skill, basically. You get level 1 building options for level one of... whatever skill you had.. I can't remember.

STork, Sure.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Yup. Again, you need to find a way to use the item to get full exp for it, and it can't be spamable for EXP.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Well it seems that it would depend upon the class you choose. I think you normally get 3 points for a magic using class but if you want to do something that doesn't use magic you may well get more points. So for a magic class (well aside from my specialized item creation class) you start with three points and for a non magic class you start with five (at least I'm pretty sure that's how it goes)

LNYvk.png

If I use the previous posts as an example, I would assume you have 3 points to spend at the beginning. (As a few of us are Magick/Fighter hybrids)

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

But I am a seperate class that I want to keep secret for now so no-one copys me, I have barely magical, range or combat ability but have skills in other things.

[Falador tavern]

I guess it really depends on the balance. If it's something which would give you a distinct advantage, then the points would be reduced, but if you're going for versatility, they'd be increased.

That said, it's up to Earth.

2Xeo5.png

Tell me what it is. and only 5 points max... It's dependant onb the dificulty in an enclosed environment. Pyromancey, say, is extreml;ey easy to practise under those conditions, so you would get the full 5 points. (Where the eff did you coem up with 8?...) Anyways, necromancey is dificult to train because of it being under opression by the more blunt applications of it's oposite, and necromancey is only blunt if you give it's products blunt weapons. Items creation, being so widespreadly used, means that a lowest rank aprentice to the art would have to wait ages for his items to be used, and his skill unlocked further.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Sorry, I thought you got three points by default and than could gain five which than results in eight.

Class: Puppeteer

[spoiler=description]

A pupetter control the motor functions of people and organic objects, he can control anything organic in the vincinty whether its a dead body, severed limb, mouse, a human (can resist) and anything organic or inorganic. He can use these objects as meatshields, zombies or even as weapons in an attempt to destroy an enemy. A pupeteer can't control non-organic objects like axes or robots. Because a puppeteer can make a psychic connection with an animal or something with sense he can experience the sense that the person would recieve but wouldn't see it how you normally see it (for example, imagine you are walking down a street, or feeling pain its just like that) but it still allows you to see using the eyes of another object, even dead people have eyes.

If a pupeteer uses other objects apart from himself to gain skills he still will gain the skills at half the efficiancy.

At_diagram_Doyle.jpg

anotomicalautomater.png

Puppeteers can control people and players but a person can resist, as skill increases resistance becomes more futile.

Being a puppeteer in a battle isn't dangerous however it can distract you from your surroundings, the more people you take over the more away from reality you are however you can take over more people with more skills.

Despite the usefulness of the pupetter class it is still very restricted, a puppeteer can never excel at any form of combat besides stealth executions.

A pupetteer can only practise magic that affects objects (so summoning or creating fire is impossible but necromancy and controling fire is possible)

A puppeteer is never good at accuracy in range.

Engineering is hard for a puppeteer.

A puppeteer is intellegent.

Skills:

+2 Puppetry

+1 Stealth

Equipment:

Pickelhaube helmet (metal)

Silent shoes (+2 stealth)

dual Srbosjek

I think this a hard skilll because it limits training in other skills its hard to train (I'd have to go bodysnatching to train on people) and its an incredibly weak physical class. I have to rely on proxy controling objects so if I'm in cell block I pretty much can't do anything apart from attempt to contorl the guard (which I think I said I would need level 10 do to sucessfully and avoid resistance).

I want to change it to a manipulator adding +2 manipulation which is the ability to trick people with words, I want to be a slimy person who gets his way but can be beaten up by the hero.

[Falador tavern]

That is jsut too epic for words. It may require nerfing if need arieses, but you have a good base. It will be hard to train, and please remember, No D&D'ing things. The shoes will jsut be shoes, and you'll be naked besides your feet.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Thankyou, I don't know how it will play out but at some times I will be easy to destroy but at other times I will be the strongest in the game.

Can I get the bonus points, its very hard to train as a skill in comparison to hitting things with a large stick :P

Can you add to my list: Leather top, Bellbottoms

Earth, in the original dungeoneering they had things like: Cloak of Resonance (+1 to sound magic rolls, becomes a different skill depending on who wears it), Mining ring (+1 to mining rolls) and Lightning staff (+1 lightning rolls, *1.2 casting speed)

Mather, wizard tinker?

[Falador tavern]

Yuuuuuuussshhhhhh... And, actually, that would get you 5 full points, same with Iconic. But you still can't combine force and electricity, Mather. (They won't be powerfull, and you'll get a debuff on weaponry as a penalty for choosing such spammnation classes. Small, but effective for the classes)

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Can't use both or can't know both? As those are my two most important, as they were in the original.

Hex, I crafted shock grenades out of only sand, I had a gun made, I made armour from a magic resistant crystal, I was epic, especially when I failed.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

One problem I could see with that puppetmaster is that at a higher level, it'd be difficult for any player to have any resistance at all to it, thus giving Hex access to any skill which an existing player has, and a massive advantage in combat ("I order him to walk into my axe.")

I propose a formula like skill total/2 to work out resistance, but it's up for debate.

For example.

Player A has 10 Puppetry

Player B has 3 Fire, 2 water, 1 Earth.

Player A tries to mind control player B. He rolls a 17, plus 10 from skill, so 27.

Player B rolls a 13, plus 3 from total skills, so 16.

Player A has control over Player B for however long Earth decides.

2Xeo5.png

Earth how loosely will "finding a use for the item" be construed? Would selling the item count as finding a use for it (and or getting the xp when it was used). Also are you going to homebrew a setting or just find one on the net (either should be fine [well a homebrewed setting prevents a certain amount of metagaming, but a setting found on the net allows for more focus on the characters and less on world gen])

LNYvk.png