IRC dungeoneering.

Earth

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ross, modship has made you epic.

Grim: Negatory! It needs to actually find use, or else you could get magic and money with spamable intensity and then i'd jsut make a situation where rocks fall and you lose all your exp. It needs to be used, and if its a long term thing then i'll decide when it's used and how much exp.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

You have two more skill points to work with, Iconic.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Sure, Hex.

I was just thinking about how it would be a little annoying if people had to train a skill specifically to counter one person, or risk losing pretty much everything, so there should be some kind of trackable increase in resistance to psionic attack.

Either way works, but I think my way would be easier to keep track of.

PS. Earth, why does necromancer not get the full 5 points again? Not questioning it, just curious.

2Xeo5.png

Imagine your a necromancer in a city full of holy practitioners. How the hell do you hid a demonical skeleton army every night? You can't. so, you have take it slow. Also, it'll be decided on a dice roll, and the bonus to the roll is half of the level the person has.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Why would I build an army? I would simply kill people one by one, bury their corpses, and then, when I believe I have a sufficient number of corpses in the ground, raise them all at once and stamp out any opposition in one fell swoop.

That, or I would locate a tunnel underneath the city, acquire a property with a link to the tunnel, and then establish a necropolis directly underneath the city.

Only an ameteur would leave their army in an abandoned house or basement :rolleyes:

2Xeo5.png

Know both to a limited degree, but can't use both at the same time without blowing himself up in a horibly scaring death.

Ross, your an aprentice with no gold, the ability of a dead wombat when it comes to fighting, and your only usefull skill is to summon a small skeletal skill to try and choke people to death. you don't get fancy stoof yet.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Well is necromancy just the control of the undead or does it also cover some debilitation effects (debuffs, knockouts, etc.)? Also earth I'm assuming the reason I am starting with two skill points is that A) the over arching skill is really [bleep]ing rare B ) It trains relatively quickly so it doesn't really matter or C) some other reason that I have not thought of as of yet.

LNYvk.png

Class: Puppeteer

[spoiler=description]

A pupetter control the motor functions of people and organic objects, he can control anything organic in the vincinty whether its a dead body, severed limb, mouse, a human (can resist) and anything organic or inorganic. He can use these objects as meatshields, zombies or even as weapons in an attempt to destroy an enemy. A pupeteer can't control non-organic objects like axes or robots. Because a puppeteer can make a psychic connection with an animal or something with sense he can experience the sense that the person would recieve but wouldn't see it how you normally see it (for example, imagine you are walking down a street, or feeling pain its just like that) but it still allows you to see using the eyes of another object, even dead people have eyes.

If a pupeteer uses other objects apart from himself to gain skills he still will gain the skills at half the efficiancy.

At_diagram_Doyle.jpg

anotomicalautomater.png

Puppeteers can control people and players but a person can resist, as skill increases resistance becomes more futile.

Being a puppeteer in a battle isn't dangerous however it can distract you from your surroundings, the more people you take over the more away from reality you are however you can take over more people with more skills.

Despite the usefulness of the pupetter class it is still very restricted, a puppeteer can never excel at any form of combat besides stealth executions.

A pupetteer can only practise magic that affects objects (so summoning or creating fire is impossible but necromancy and controling fire is possible)

A puppeteer is never good at accuracy in range.

Engineering is hard for a puppeteer.

A puppeteer is intellegent.

Skills:

+3 Puppetry

+2 Stealth

Equipment:

-Pickelhaube helmet (metal)

-Silent shoes

-Banyan

-Leather trousers

-Fur top

-dual Srbosjek affixed to each hand

[Falador tavern]

Grim, it's because you all start rather low on the aprentice charts, aspiring for glory. (Unless you start from scratch) Your items, which need to be used by someone to get the full exp from them, Are sitting rather forlornly in a little cuboard 5000 feet below sea level. The cuboard is labeled"Crappy Aprentice Items."

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Then I'll be and Engineer mage...

5 or 3 stat points?

For equipment I'll have some welding goggles, a bomber cap, a brown leather trenchcoat, a pair of fingerless leather gloves, padded leather pants, leather boots and a steel rod (which I'll use allomancy on to make it whatever tool I need at the time).

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

5, i already tolja.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

As to the puppeteering being OP. I don't necessarily think so. As long as it isn't allowed to have the 'puppet' off itself, I'd think it'd be fine.

Ex: Paladin, A defensive class with protective wards, auras and healing. Taking control of such would be rather impossible. But taking over a party member and use him/her to attack the Paladin would be a strategy. Etc...same for other defensive buffer/healing types. And pure magical players would be difficult to control as well. As the strong will of such classes would constantly resist the puppeteer. So I find it to be a rather balanced class, if not underpowered. If he misses 1 roll, its kinda game over for him. O.o

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Abuda.. I'm not starting yet!.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

As to the puppeteering being OP. I don't necessarily think so. As long as it isn't allowed to have the 'puppet' off itself, I'd think it'd be fine.

Explain please.

Earth, I asked a couple of questions back a bit

[spoiler=answer]

Earth, when do we start.

Will we use #RP

Can you please keep a record of our skills and stuff on the forum

Where are we starting?

Don't forget I can also puppeteer NPC's with 100% success apart from obvious boss creatures.

[Falador tavern]

I already explained........

EDIT: Puppeteer can't force puppets to commit suicide.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

As long as it isn't allowed to have the 'puppet' off itself, I'd think it'd be fine.

??

Don't forget I can also puppeteer NPC's with 100% success apart from obvious boss creatures

[Falador tavern]

I'm not starting yet, i said 5 to mather!!!! Jeesus i need to be really clear on this. Hang on, i need to tell archi his game is on drugs.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]