The Space Diaries

Nexaduro

Gravity plating. That's all that was required to finish it. Note to self, must thank Drake again for making me remember about gravity plating.

The design is perfected now, it's a little costly, but it's far superior to what I have currently. At 2120 kT of materials, it had better be, as well.

Still, we're in command of three mining ships now, so it wont be so hard to gather up the resources I need for it. Hopefully. Under the gaurdianship of the Swiss and British fleets, it shouldn't come under any trouble, anyway, but knowing our luck...

~Acting Captain Jeremiah

2Xeo5.png

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sue is a menace to the world. That is all.

Well, except that I designed yet another 2 types of robot, of which I manufactured some and gave them the same orders as the rest - follow me until I need you to do stuff. Oh, and I got a promotion.

Also, the majority of the ship now probably has a fear of ficus plants.

-Third Officer Theros

a70c7.png

Mission accomplished.

-Malevolent Spirit of Jen

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Personal Log - 0001

Drake Zarr

Science Officer

Aboard the ISS Unity

Establishing log procedure- I will avoid reproducing hearsay in these documents in order to streamline the discussion of my scientific efforts, except when vital in establishing the basis of my other pursuits.

Personal Actions:

In order to help obtain access to resources for my research, I loaned use of a modified version of Project Jormungand to Acting Captain Jeremiah Elwood for use against the UN computer systems to expedite the approval of a mining permit for the Unity and to serve as damage control against a copy of the commonly rogue SIU "Sue". - Success unknown, Russian aggression has decimated or disrupted many core UN systems and command functions, presumably preventing UN mining permit enforcement for the near future - must establish contacts with information on the UN systems status in order to confirm either the destruction of their primary computers or isolation of "Sue" by Project Jormungand.

In order to obtain funding for my research I participated in a fugitive recovery mission with Tactical officer Faust, providing use of Project Jormungand to hinder enemy combat systems before losing consciousness due to a collision with the hostile vessel. Tactical officer Faust managed to kill me and the smugglers through the use of his highly unsafe experimental BLITZ array. - Status payment pending, 30,000 EC expected on delivery of smuggler's cargo to the British. - Important to avoid being within Faust's immediate vicinity while using experimental equipment.

Discovered design flaw within Tactical officer Theros's spiderdroid design, resulting in an unintentional contact explosive effect, during review after an initial run had been created. - Spiderdroids were successfully redesigned to avoid this issue, and the original run of units were jettisoned and detonated safely. - No Follow up needed.

Research:

Noticable progress was made on the advancement of Project Jormungand. (Computer Virus 3 to Computer Virus 5)

Dramatically improved response rate of Holographic projection unit due to design refinements. (Hologram Projector 1 to Hologram Projector 2)

[Error] String corrupted - Recovery interrupted

Built:

Prototype holodroid completed

Second model completed with hardware features designed to prevent unauthorized operation of SIUs

Experiments:

Attempted to implement new command interpretation procedure on the shipboard AI, to test benefits of non-ambiguous user identification input requirements for possible inclusion in a future user interface - Status failed, during my recent research it seems that I missed an upgrade to the shipboard AI firewalls blocking execution of the code. - may implement alternative user identification input requirements on one of the support vessels in the future.

Field tested Holodroid prototype on crewmembers of the ISS Unity - Status Mixed results

_Most crew members present on the ISS Unity noticed the Droid in its disguise of a ficus, some crew members took paranoid views towards the totally harmless office plant, while others almost instantly disbelieved its existence. - A retest is needed to provide a more controlled experiment due to random simulator failure during the testing process.

_Tactical officer Faust managed to install the rogue SIU "SUE" into the Holodroid's command module resulting in unpredictable and highly dangerous system operation resulting in the death of 3 crew members and injury of another. Supporting information suggests that Tactical officer Faust did not know of the droids actual nature. - Refined the design of the Holodroid to prevent execution of software on the device without proper coding steps are taken to prevent activation of the command unit virus. Tactical officer Faust and his devotion to his SIU "SUE" prove repeatedly that they together they make a force of complete destruction which steps must be taken to mitigate their destructive abilities. Deletion of Fausts SIU, is not a viable solution, as the destruction of what he appears to view as his best friend, would only likely result in a war between crew members which must be avoided.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

After numerous simulations flight has proven impractical for the suit and has as thus been removed from the design of the MarkII. Also the exessive weaponry caused the suit to collapse resulting in the removal of the cloak, torpedoes and the palm-fitted beam weapons. On the other hand the suit has after minor changes achieved both moderate stabillity and maneuvrabillity as well as acceptable speed, additional software is hoped to increase it.

In other news using the transporters to extract minerals from nearby asteroids proved a viable method of mining with 90kT of iron being extracted and placed directly in the cargo hold in just under two hours.

Looking forward to many hours in front of a simplified text editor.

-Chief science officer Chi.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

AI Log

Date: 21st November 2090

The Crew continues to focus inwardly and ignore the universe outside the ship...except when it suits them.

While the destruction of the Saber is unfortunate, it is hardly of significant consequence...The ship design was fundermentally flawed in that its only weaponary was too strong or too weak to do any real damage. Against a Cruiser or larger it would have stood a good chance, against a passing meteor it would have probably been ok...But anything in between, from fighters to shuttles to Destroyers, it would have had the stuffing kicked out of it, to use the venacular.

Three Mining Vessels have, however, been brought. These vessels should prove more than adequate as replacements for the Saber.

However, it is all very drow. Beyond the ship is far more interesting.

It would seem the SUE had managed to avoid detection by creating a diversion within the UN's sensor grid, in which America was launching an all out attack on Russia. The UN, keen to avoid angry Russians, informed Russia of this. Russia conversed with America and it was quickly established that America was not launching a full invasion of Russia. Russia then launched a full nuclear strike on America, since it believed America was definately attacking.

It was around this point that Drake's Virus disabled the UN's Computer system, isolating SUE. Drake's Virus then found a backdoor into the American Central Intelligence Agency and proceeded to take control of all systems.

By this time the Russian missiles were in the air.

The missles flew straight passed the America Defence System, destroying key cities, bases and silos all over America, including the UN. America, over-reliant on electronics now deprived of both their advanced weapons and their advanced computer.

The Russian and South American invasion of North America was swift, with only Calafornia and a small area around the Great Lakes surviving to opt for a ceasefire.

Russia, now controlling the majority of land on Earth, has announced a new Hegemonic Order, swelling its armies to match the next two armies, combined.

The Terran Federation, already struggling against seperatists in France, has signed a non-aggression pact with the Russians.

South America has signed a full, permenant, alliance.

Chinese Africa is building a hurried space program.

Britian, already in the process of relocating to the Asteroid Belt, has agreed to ceed all territory to Russia in exchange for not attacking between now and when Britian leaves.

Turkey is unknown, though satalite images show that tunnels are being dug to somewhere.

The Australian Commonwealth is currently the only realistic threat to Russia, with its capablity to strike at the soft underbelly.

*I got distracted writing this so trailed off, sorry*

For the Glory of Archimage

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Report log, added in.

Well, heres an addition.. After Faust disabeled our Simulator, Drakes prototype holodrone nearly gave everyone on the ship a heart attack. I thought it was jsut a malfunctioning Sim unit, Chi thought it was going to eat him, Faust wanted to program it into SUE, and Theros just flat out ignored it. Faust managed to program SUE to the holodrone, which then stabbed chi in the head, and then started crowbarring the wall open, which had turned into a window. I stabbed the crowbar, but scince the drone had, essentially, become part of the hull, i also dragged a sizable hole into my Grav Blade. I ended up killing Faust and Theros, which i am Denying msot responsibility for due to they would have died anyyways even if i hadn't taken action. Next time i'm going to Demand the decomissioning of SUE, no matter what.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

After reading through the AI's latest log, something has begun to concern me, as the log contains the actions of most nations in the currently ongoing world war, the newly re-arosed Norway is yet unmentioned. I hope for the good of this nations that they are taking actions to prepare.

-Chief science officer Chi.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

• 1 month later...

Ok. First time using the Diary program. Ummmmmmmmmm hello. My name is Lee. This is weird, the whole diary thing. Why isn't it called a journal :huh: ? oh well. As the new medic aboard the Unity, I gotta do my best. To avoid getting in trouble, Lee signing off.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Journal (recorded verbally from Unity Medbay):

I had to tranquilize Nero and ship him to the medical bay for zombie-virus treatment. His obvious vital signs seem to be good, so I don't think there's any need to wake a medic. Oh hey, he's waking up. Hey, wait a minute, put that tray dow- OW! STOP! FOR THE LOVE OF CRAP STO-*kkkkksh*

a70c7.png

To the Journal of the young medic Lee,

I hear rumors about our Captain Nero coming back after his absence....... also I heard a weird rumor he may be a zombie or a vampire....or both. Not sure if that's true, the whole zombie/vampire rumor. Well, if he is a zombie I am currently unaware of that. If he is back then thats great. Hmmm I gotta remember to talk to Earth (a really nice crew member who hasn't hurt me yet) about the thought bowstaff we were talking about. I still should train as much as I can. Maybe Earth can help me with that too. AI/SI said we had some metal rods, I could use those for training untill the bowstaff is made. Also I think I should work on shooting some arrows, since I'm pretty sure I'm way outta practice. Ha, I still remember the first time I went shooting.... that was when my parents and siblings were still alive. My dad showed me how to shoot, then I managed to shoot three bullseyes. I still say it was beginners luck. Well, as far as I am aware of currently, I should get some more sleep. I don't want to wake anyone up. Faust managed to beat me up good a few days ago. I still hurt from that. Note to self: don't fight Faust unless I am stronger. Hmm........ maybe I'll do some push-ups. I still don't want to use a gun, it's not like me to use such a wepon. I guess I still have that prefrence. Note to self: cut down on the videogame walkthrough reading. I wish I could practice my ocarina, but everyone is asleep I think.

Well, I should get some more sleep before I fall asleep while writing this.

Lee signing off

To the journal of the young medic Lee,

Well, still no idea about the rumors about Captain Nero and his return. Started training with a metal rod for a staff. Hopefully I can take a wack with the thought bow tomorrow or some time soon. Samething with the thought blades, I want to test those out too. So far I think I am the weakest member of the crew. Jeremiah asked me why I don't use a gun. Old preferance of mine. Once my dad found some really old electronic things called computer games. He told me he programed ACI, my Artificial Computer Intelligence, to play such things as the computer games. So I tried this one that had to do with fighting monsters. I liked that game. That was fun. :( I miss my family. I don't have anyone..... well not yet. There's a guy I met before I graduated medical school. I had to do a double lung transplant on him. He woke up a week later, during one of my checkups on him. He asked if I was the person who performed the transplant. I told him yes. He asked if I could go out with him as a thank you. I agreed and we went out after he was released and well.............................. Uh oh, I hear someone coming!

Wish I could finish the story!

Lee signing off

The story that I promised to finish: There was a guy I met before I graduated medical school. I had to do a double lung transplant on him. He woke up a week later, during one of my checkups on him. He asked if I was the person who performed the transplant. I told him yes. He asked if I could go out with him as a thank you. I agreed and we went out after he was released and well.... he asked me once we both turned 18 if I'd marry him. I told him yes, but I was planning to get a job to go off planet. He told me that he was planing to go off planet too. We promised to meet up again and then get married. I haven't seen him since that day. The guy's name: Aidan Caswallawn. I miss him. I'd love to see him again. I hope he did get his job to go off planet. He stopped writing to me a while ago and he hasn't answered my letters.... I hope and pray he's alright. Today is a sad day. Another year has gone by since my family's death. :(

Later,

Lee

Monthly diary.

Today was a good day! After finally getting torepair most of Asgard station, I got the go ahead to begin my biovirus project. Hopefully it goes as well as planed, this is rather difficult to work with..

Cheif Engineer Earth

Done.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Vocal Journal of Theros, recorded during a short period of wakefulness:

I don't feel so good. I'm not entirely sure what's happened since that incident with Nero, but I'm very sure that it still #censored expletive# hurts. I think that - WHAT THE HECK WHY IS NERO STILL A #censored expletive# ZOMBIE OH FOR THE #censored expletive# LOVE OF -*crash* #Long series of censored expletives#

(Basically an attempt to let Archi know he's got creative medical license with what happens to my character here, so long as I don't end up in another "Theros Goes Derp" situation.)

a70c7.png

Maintainance log:

Nitrous Oxide cyclinder fallen in Cryodin tank.

Medical alert, Comatose personal may experiance brief periods of waking insanity.

Options:

1) Flush Cryodin tank. Pros, reduces risk to personal. Cons, expensive.

2) Inform Crew. Pros, reduces risk to personal. Cons, they may attempt to do something.

3) Ignore. Pros, requires no resource input. Cons, increased risk to personal.

Action:

(Free hand for players to be silly, without risking a random storyline which screw everything up.)

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Maintainance log:

Nitrous Oxide cyclinder fallen in Cryodin tank.

Medical alert, Comatose personal may experiance brief periods of waking insanity.

Options:

1) Flush Cryodin tank. Pros, reduces risk to personal. Cons, expensive.

2) Inform Crew. Pros, reduces risk to personal. Cons, they may attempt to do something.

3) Ignore. Pros, requires no resource input. Cons, increased risk to personal.

Action:

(Free hand for players to be silly, without risking a random storyline which screw everything up.)

(*sigh* I give you a chance to turn my character into even more of an inhuman mutant, and instead you just pull the NO2 card again...)

The Verbal Journal of Theros:

Ooh, pretty lights. I wonder where they go. Perhaps they'll lead me away from this #censored# headache. Oh, that's new. I think it could be a - OH LORD IT'S NERO AGAIN AGGH RUN *crack* *thud*

a70c7.png

Something is keeping me awake at night. I keep thinking I hear very colorful language being used and lots of footsteps. I have no idea, I'm probably dreaming and sleepwalking abit. Note to self: ask someone about the after effects of taking stimulants. Still no word from Aidan. :unsure: I seriously need to get better at combat. Still want to kick Faust's butt, but the likelyhood of that happening sucessfully is slim to none.

I hope the crew hasn't found out about my engagement. I keep the ring hidden for safe keeping. It's small and gold colored. He handcrafted it.

I'm gonna try and get some sleep,

Lee out.

• 4 weeks later...

Stubborn=bad. Handspring cartwheel combo=bad w/broken arm. Colorful language=bad. Broken ocarina=bad w/tears. Mortal Kombat Fight against Faust=BAD W/DEATH. Faust as Captain= Oh no, better not tick him off. Broken arm= prevents me from doing alot w/ nanites injected into me. Nanites= ???????????. Chi= idiot. Food rations for self cut down to a piece of bread per meal= lets see what happens.

Lee signing off

Diary of Chi.

It has been brought to my attention that I will soon have a way off this dump, with which I am very pleased. Our current captain seems more likely to ram the ship into a nearby star than to actually do anything useful. I can't wait to get away from some of those maniacal crewmembers; Faust, our current captain is likely to implode your head from afar just because he wasn't on friendly terms with someone, note that he doesn't even need to actually dislike the person. Earth, a hyped-up, gunfreak nicompoop who has more ammo than braincells. He'll break your stuff because he dosn't like you, and kill whover makes anything he does not want, or if he wants it then he'll kill you and take it. Next on the list of crazy personell is Lee, our 15 year-old scene girl of a medic, she's watched way to much anime and how she could have passed the medical exam is beyond me.

Now over to the paople that I actually like: Monty, the newbe who was made a commanding officer in next to no time; while he does have his faults (we all do), he seems a nice guy, though I havent really gotten to know him very well. Then Jeremiah, our previous captain, he is harsh but fair, though he uses very... unorthodox... means of punishment. Dying seems to really have made an impression on him, as his android self is a lot nicer than he used to be as a human, that aside he was still probably the best choice of captain. Last there is Frank, the nicest person currently onboard the Unity, he has offered me the means with which to create the equipment I want before I depart... Oh, how I wish he would come with me, he's the last remaining crewmember which has actually been kind to me.

Those were all, weren't they... Oh, wait, there's Theros... I haven't seen him in a while, I wonder where he might be... He's probably just lost in the hallways or sleeping on the job, but who knows?

Over to some more important issues; I wonder if SI has any dog minds in store, I would love to make a robot based on a German Shepard, they're just the perfect dogs, they can be used for absolutly anything... Well, apart from fox hunting, but where the heck can I find foxes in space? Also I'm wondering if it'd be wise to give it an anti-proton bark... Not as the regular bark, but to give it an anti-proton emitter in the back of it's mouth, it'd certainly be an exciting thing to try.

-Chief officer of science, Chi.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Engineers diary. Right, what a joke. I killed Chi, because of his stupid waste of resources. And he killed me as compensation. i had to go through hell and high water, AND other crap to do it. But it worked. Bloody gravity weapons are nice. Anyways, thats pretty much it except for extreme [developmentally delayed]ation montages, which.. I ndon't do.

Earth, signing off.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Off to the great beyond. Who needs the Unity, anyways?

If I find a Hazudra taping a bomb to my ship, I'm using them as a figurehead.

Captain-on-the-run Faust, signing off forever.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

To the journal of the young Medic Lee,

Stole Chi's Diary. This is what he had to say about me: Next on the list of crazy personell is Lee, our 15 year-old scene girl of a medic, she's watched way to much anime and how she could have passed the medical exam is beyond me. First off, I'm not crazy. I just tend to break down after seeing a puzzle that makes no sense. As for the too much anime, he's partially correct. It's more of all night marathons of Kim Possible and watching Kim Possible: A Stich in Time. In fact for a few days after I graduated medical school, I just sat and watched Kim Possible.

Chi, if you ever get ahold of this journal and read the fact that I stole yours, I kept a personal record of things I've stolen and then returned. Thats how I got ahold of information (records of people that needed to be treated while I was in medical school, I've never cheated on a test, check my record! I took the final exam 5 times and got a perfect score all five times, I even varied my open response and essay answers) I wasn't allowed to know in medical school. I steal it, read it over, and put it back exactly where it was before they knew what was missing. I've never been caught. However, I'm no genius, so I can't hack a computer. :P

How I reached Medical school at a young age: Simple. My parents, while I still had them, allowed a scientist enhance my brain with something that enhanced my learning ability. I turned three and was sent to the first grade, as part of a test the scientist wanted to do. I was awfully smart for the first grade. I wasn't allowed to have friends, I was only allowed to do work for school. Basicly no life. I finished the first grade requirement within four months, so they started me with the second grade stuff. I lost my parents during the second "term." I had figured that 1 normal school year equaled 4 months to me. So I nicknamed it a term. In one year I had finished 3 terms. So: 1 normal school year = 1 term, 3 terms = 1 full year. By the time I finished term 3, I turned 4. So: term 3= 4 years old, term 6= 5 years old, term 9= 6 years old, and term 12= 7 years old. I finished normal schooling in 4 years, proving my enhanced brain actually worked.

After that, I joined medical school, and they sent me to learn at different schools across the world. I also took a independant study on space because I wanted to be a medic in space, working on a ship (I got to watch a show and a bunch of movies that were part of this series called Star Trek which inspired my proffesion). However, space is not my strongpoint in the world of knowledge.

So thats pretty much how I got here, working as the cheif medic on the ISS Unity. Chi, if you still don't believe me, check out my schooling record. :P Certified legal medic, permission granted to work in space, hireable, and other happy crap that proves I have done everythinng I needed to do. Hopefully I get to keep my job past my 16th birthday, on June 22.

Note to self: Gavrill.......do I know him? Everytime I here his name I get a serious case of Deja Vu. I keep seeing the same thing: people screaming, someone begging not to have me killed, an agreement to the request, and then the person who begged gets killed. Could this be part of my memory I had forgotten? I wonder if I can get Chi (He's the chief scientist right? Hello, I'm a medic not a science expert! I have no clue how) to do a DNA comparison of Gavrill's DNA to mine, assuming that there is a sample of his DNA.....that might help unlock the mystery of Gavrill abit.

Lee signing off.