24-Nov-2010 - Tasks and Skill Targets

Pirkka

I also got a task completion message with 'Must be funny living in a rich man's world' right after getting 575k from Jack, anyone else know about this one?

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was fun. I don't normally play but doing the free Lumbridge tasks that just came out got me all excited. Plus the free money wasn't a push over either. :P

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

For the rat task, the "controlled" option does NOT work on scimitars and maces... just a heads up.

Also, a lot of these tasks are too overly easy... and ultimately pointless. But at least the ability to do certain Varrock/Falador tasks in f2p is nice.

Odd, I did it with a dragon scimitar and it worked. Just make sure you wait for the (giant) rat to disappear completely before switching styles.

I am really disappointed at how high level they are basing the game now..I mean I can understand, but damn. :\

I don't understand your gripe with this, really. I'm assuming you're being sardonic by that statement.

The old Elite tasks are still in the new task system, so there's definite content for high levels, but they've integrated those with the old Lumbridge Guide/Objectives systems that were designed to educate new players on the game's basics concepts (like, mining ores to smelt weapons, using weapons to gain resources, using resources to train skills). They've put it all together into one slick new system.

I can understand it's annoying for high levels to be engaging in tasks which appear menial, and they could maybe have put in a system so they didn't have to, but I wouldn't draw any generalisations on how Jagex are 'basing the game now' from this update.

There's something for everyone, which frankly, is how an RPG should be.

I totally dont get this update at all.

Its kinda cool to do something completely random like putting on a weapon and getting "AHCIEVMMENTT UNLOCKKEEDDD" (as if its some sort of achievement...).

Well, running and using the minimap to move is some kind of achievement.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the Hard and elite Misc tasks to be released, currently, there's only beginner achievements.

I totally dont get this update at all.

Its kinda cool to do something completely random like putting on a weapon and getting "AHCIEVMMENTT UNLOCKKEEDDD" (as if its some sort of achievement...).

Yes, it certainly makes the game feel cooler, but the old achievements were in my opinion better. Though this "Achievement Unlocked"- like update thing is certainly nice to get :D.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Its just jagex catering to noobs and idiots again.

How is rewarding and guiding new players "catering to noobs and idiots?" Get over yourself, all of the high level achievement diaries are still there.

You don't have to be smart or skilled to play Runescape, don't act like you're too good to click on some extra few tasks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

How is rewarding and guiding new players "catering to noobs and idiots?" Get over yourself, all of the high level achievement diaries are still there.

You don't have to be smart or skilled to play Runescape, don't act like you're too good to click on some extra few tasks.

because they are catering to noobs and idiots.

I always make the same mistake. Note to self: Don't talk to Runescape kids as if they have fully functioning brains.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I always make the same mistake. Note to self: Don't talk to Runescape kids as if they have fully functioning brains.

Ikr I stopped doing that along time ago. But you still havent put up a decent argument. You cant get around the fact that alot of the updates jagex is making is centered around noobs and idiots. :thumbdown:

Ikr I stopped doing that along time ago. But you still havent put up a decent argument. You cant get around the fact that alot of the updates jagex is making is centered around noobs and idiots. :thumbdown:

So shall we get rid of eliet treasure trails, eliet diary rewards, warped floors, the new potions, ect.

lets stop feeding the troll.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I don't see how.

There just little random tasks with minor rewards. Almost every game has them nowadays and it doesn't really harm anyone.

Though, it does help noobs more than it helps more experienced players, i don't see how "idiots" has anything to do with this.

O.O