One Handed Non-Chaotic Weapon to use on Iron Dragons?

iuqiddis_sm

I don't have 85 herblore (not even close to spicing for 85) and I don't have a chaotic weapon (never done dungeoneering). With those two limitations, what is the best one-handed weapon to melee iron dragons? And what sort of attack are they weak to in particular?

Thanks.

I don't have 85 herblore (not even close to spicing for 85) and I don't have a chaotic weapon (never done dungeoneering). With those two limitations, what is the best one-handed weapon to melee iron dragons? And what sort of attack are they weak to in particular?

Thanks.

Stab.

Korasi's sword?

Leaf-bladed sword?

If not your just going to have to wing it with a whip.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I heard a leaf blade sword was the next best thing I think #-o

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

Dragon drops: Draconic Visage, Dragon Plateskirt, Dragon Med Helm, Dragon Platelegs

Other drops: Dragon Chainbody

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Verac's flail, Verac's skirt x2, Guthan's platebody x2, Guthan's warspear x3, Dharok's helm x2, Ahrim's hood, Ahrim's robeskirt, Torag's platelegs, Karil's top, Karil's skirt, Karil's crossbow x2

I heard a leaf blade sword was the next best thing I think #-o

Korasi >Leaf Blade Sword. Korasi is the best non-chaotic stab weapon to use that is one-handed

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Thanks.

I would try z spear with tank armour like barrows or bandos, normal antifires, and mage pray. You'll probably need a unicorn or bunyip, but it'll go much faster than with a LBS.

lalalasig2.png

Thanks.

I would try z spear with tank armour like barrows or bandos, normal antifires, and mage pray. You'll probably need a unicorn or bunyip, but it'll go much faster than with a LBS.

Protect from magic doesn't work against metal dragon's dragonfire, I thought? Or at least it didn't last time I tried to do it (about a year at least, so might've changed).

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

Thanks.

Protect from magic doesn't work against metal dragon's dragonfire, I thought? Or at least it didn't last time I tried to do it (about a year at least, so might've changed).

Yeah metal drags without anti-fire you may as well just go drop you best gear on the floor and log off.

As previous covered Korsari's Swoird is the best option, much faster than LBS was, despite having marginally lower stab attack bonus.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Before the extreme antifire update I always did mithril drags with zs and normal antifires, their firebreath isn't nearly as bad as most people think. Mith drags do have lots of diff types of attacks though so they dont use fire often, for iron drags (especially with their lower def) it would probs be better to use korasi's sword + a shield.

2dvjurb.png

Before the extreme antifire update I always did mithril drags with zs and normal antifires, their firebreath isn't nearly as bad as most people think. Mith drags do have lots of diff types of attacks though so they dont use fire often, for iron drags (especially with their lower def) it would probs be better to use korasi's sword + a shield.

Yeaah, I used to do miths with full Verac's. Good times.

However, I speak from personal experience when I say never to attempt this at bronze/iron/steel dragons. See, if you stand away from one while it attacks you (like, say, you want to pick up a drop) it WILL, 100% of the time, breathe on you, and with only normal antifire pots that maxes at well over 200. It hurts a lot. The reason you can get away with it at miths is the spread out spawns and their ability to mage and range at a distance as well as use fire.

I suppose you could bring ZS and a shield to switch to between kills, but for all that effort Korasi isn't far behind and is much safer.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Thanks guys. I'll try out both the korsai method and the z-spear with just antifires as well. Sounds tricky, but maybe it will work just fine.

Do NOT do the z spear method.

As rightly pointed out this methods works for mithrils only

Irons, steels and bronze will obliterate you without the sheild or super pots

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue