Current rs vs 07 rs.

rocko510

118 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer?

• Current account
    • Rolled-back account with 07 rs

If we go back to 2007 I'll run out of things to do. Definitely current. Especially if free trade and wilderness come back.

I miss the chaos of world 2 Falador though. That was part of the RS experience for me.

DEGqA.pngQtYSR.pngHY2Ll.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely rolled back.. the character anims they added after 07 were ridiculous and still are (overall making the game more cartooney)... ok they ruined HP... the wilderness is gone... free trade is gone... that's all I can think of for now, I don't play regularly anymore.

I'd take worse stats and a better game in a heartbeat.

It's like you haven't read anything in the past two weeks.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

• 3 weeks later...

Current account, there's no way I'm getting my 99s again.

99 fletching achieved 09/04/08 99 defence achieved 08/31/09 99 smithing achieved 07/25/10
99 attack achieved 03/11/10 99 constitution achieved 05/14/11
99 strength achieved 06/01/11 99 cooking achieved 01/17/12
99 woodcutting achieved 05/10/12 99 firemaking achieved 05/10/12

Rolled back to 2007, preferably even earlier (~2005, somewhere around where I started). I've gotten most of the exp and money on my account after 2007 but I'm damn well ready to sacrifice that if I could just have some of the old RS. It's difficult to lay my hands on why I want it - after all, I wanted free trade and a proper wildy, and now I got it. Still, somehow the RS I started out in felt more right, more atmospheric, less newb-friendly (which I consider good at this point since this issue has also gone too far) and just more cool. Just like some people are with their childhoods, I'd love to relive 2005 RS, not wasting it as stupidly as I did. The one thing I would really hate is to have to complete the Underground Pass quests once again, but as I said, I'd even tolerate that.

EDIT: And yeah, just as I clicked the post button I realised what my biggest gripe with it all is. Post 2007 RS is too overwhelming, too overcomplicated. More and more godlike items that even people with great social lives can get, ever more medium to high level stuff being added without any particular point other than to raise the max hit from 500 to 520, all the new spells, abilities, relics, whatever. Even the damn skills - I wonder how the new wildy will go in multicombat with all the arsewipes with steel titans. I don't care for all these. They're transforming PKing into something with two qualities that I despise: exclusive (meaning that either you get X and Y skills, items and stuff or you're hopelessly lost, and I'm talking about even 90+s here, or items worth 10s of millions you can lose on a whim) and chaotic (no skill or technique of any sort is gonna help, you just get all the "exclusive" stuff, jump into the fray and hope you come out victorious). And I'm focusing on PKing because whether it's wildy PKing or Castle Wars, it is half of what all that grinding you do culminates in. Naturally, if you only want to get your 200M Woodcutting XP that nobody cares about, it's pointless to even discuss this with you because you can do that in any RuneScape.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

I'm sick and tired of practically the whole community having a euphoric recall. Put simply, it's when you remember the good times and completely ignore the bad. I made my account in 2004 and believe me, I would much prefer the runescape as it is right now than as it will be in 8 hours.

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

• 3 weeks later...

Pre 2007 though I would keep my current account because of the level difference. But gameplay wise, pre 2007 was better.

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

If we hopped in a time machine and went back to pre '07, I'd do that, then I'd be the same age, know nothing of these new updates, be a carefree kid again, I could dig that. However, I enjoy my account now. The only thing I really miss from those days was mining pure essence and then selling it in the bank.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

• 3 weeks later...