Possible way to cut down on auto-typers?

Blipo

You're all going to flame me for this... I know it...

OFFICIAL JAGeX AUTO-TYPERS

Ok, so there's a lot of auto-typers out there, spamming the chatbox. So here's my solution: JAGeX gives out official auto-typers, perhaps builds them into the official client, and you can type stuff into the to say, and select font colour and all that.

NOW! BEFORE YOU START FLAMING ME!

There would be restrictions:

1. No more than three uses per button, then the box clears itself!

2. At least 5 seconds between use!

3. All sentences used must differ by 6 characters

Ok... so... there's my idea.

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

That seems very pointless, it won't stop the people currently using autotypers, because of all the restrictions. All it will do is make so much random incessant chatter, there will be so much chat that everyone will be sitting there with only friends chat on, so it will be impossible to talk to people. With 5 seconds between each message it will be easier to type manually, unless it is something long.

Terrible idea.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

It depends how Jagex want to punish autotypers.

If they flat out banned them, like they should, well we wouldn't have this problem to begin with. But because of their lenience and general ignorance (on some player-mod's behalf) no-one's really sure how to punish autotypers.

To me, Jagex putting in a limited auto-typer would definately deter people from using 3rd party programs to cheat and hax the game/others/each other.

But, the simple solution is: Ban the autotypers.

It depends how Jagex want to punish autotypers.

If they flat out banned them, like they should, well we wouldn't have this problem to begin with. But because of their lenience and general ignorance (on some player-mod's behalf) no-one's really sure how to punish autotypers.

To me, Jagex putting in a limited auto-typer would definately deter people from using 3rd party programs to cheat and hax the game/others/each other.

But, the simple solution is: Ban the autotypers.

Ok, so how about this:

When it types your message, it addes an "invisible" character to the end. If JAGeX recieves an auto-ing report, they can check for the symbol. If it's not there, perm-ban.

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

In Maple Story, it is possible to "autotype" officially: that is, you can repeat what you typed before. You can't do it for more than seven times though... then you have to type it up again.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

it obvius when people auto type..and its obvius when people arnt.I think this idea is good but for the people who dont auto type it would be a hassle

23 whip pks,3 dhorka,2 ahrims lvl 119 attack 99 strength 99 and defence 92 plus 94 mage

Nah, I don't think that would be good. There is only around 50 thousand auto typers out there approx. Now imagine if all 170 thousand of them...Strength comes in numbers, like with ants for example: they are strong, but very small. If we all had a little bit of auto typing abilities then imagine what would happen. Thats just my opinion :P

Hmm sounds like an interesting idea.. But I think people who wants to use the official autotyper should have to pay extra 5 bucks a month. And I like the idea about banning everyone whoÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôs using an non official autotyper.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have small purple pet elephants named Jack. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who like to do the fandango on Wednesday afternoons

No, they shouldn't have to pay more. If that's the case no one would use it, and those who do will continue to use non-official ones; and JAGeX doesn't really have much power in terms of banning (I don't see botters and autoers getting banned when they're reported... I still see them all the time).

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

just report them for macroing...

the definition of macroing is that you use some sort of program (hey, windows is a program, in which you rededitted :P) to gain an unfair advantage

they cant ban you because you misused their customer support because they have their own defionitions flawed...

other then that... just hope they get hacked due to it being an unsafe program, and all the cash they earned is gone :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!