Equipment Advice

Ng4life2

01/01/11

Any changes I should make?

Gear1111part2.jpg

01/01/11

I sold my Tassets and now have a DFS and Berserker Ring. Should I sell DFS, and buy Verac's skirt? If so, what should I buy with the rest of the money. I also have 450k cash left.

Gear1111.jpg

12/31/10

Well I just started playing again and I want some advice on what gear I should get. Not sure if I should keep my D Claws or sell them and get my Fury back. Should I get a DFS or something else. This is my gear. Any tips are helpful.

Gear123110.jpg

Buzz_lightyr.png

Buzz_lightyr.png

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that fury trumps d claws in the order of which gear to have first. Seeing as you also don't have 95 prayer yet I'm pretty confident that getting that trumps both.

[hide]After watching these forums for almost a year and cringing at all of the terrible advice given to people looking for ways to make money I've put together a post that guarantees at least 1 mil a day for ~an hours worth work.

1. Herb farming. If you don't have the farming level you can reach ~30-35 farming from quests alone. At that point spend the little bit of money to get to 38 farming and begin farming toadflax. Each run should net ~100 k profit (more if you utilize Juju potions/scroll of life from dungeoneering and depending on which herb you farm) and should be done every 2 hours. Unlocking the patch from My Arm's Big Adventure is highly suggested as it is always disease free. Consult Grimy's Spreadsheets for the most profitable herbs to farm...

http://forum.tip.it/topic/254457-grimys-spreadsheets/

100 k for 5 min of work ever 2 hours (4 times a day) = 400 k for 20 min worth of work

2. Manage Thy Kingdom. Finish the quests to unlock this activity and consult...

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculators/Miscellania

...for where to place your workers. Minimum profit per day is ~150 k for near zero effort.

150 k per day for investing 2 min of time once a week.

3. Dailies. There are tons of shops which you can buy stock from and sell on the GE for profit, along with numerous other activities you can do to bring in a profit. Consult this guide for a complete list of things you have available.

http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1421537-how-to-get-145m-profit-a-day-in-45-minutes/

or if you are a tip.it loyalist...

http://forum.tip.it/topic/254632-daily-activities/

1 mil profit a day for ~1 hours worth of work = 1 mil / hr

Utilizing what I have outlined above you will make in one week

400 k /day herbs * 7 days in a week = 2.80 mil

150 k / day MTK * 7 days in a week = 1.05 mil

1,000 k / day dailies * 7 days in a week = 7.00 mil

Totaling 9.85 mil per week minimum

4. Flipping your cash two times a day results in an avg 1-3% increases in net worth as well. Utilizing this (assuming a 20 mil cash pile to start with for the week) adds ~6.31 mil profit*** in that week (assuming a 2% return on investments twice a day).

This brings the total to 16.16 mil for that week alone.

Stay consistent and once you find your niche in flipping the money will just happen and you wont have to worry about it.

[/hide]

That's my money making advice, if you choose to sell claws for fury you'd be left with ~19.2 mil at current prices. Doing the money making advice I inserted above will get you your claws back in less than a week.

All that said turmoil and soul split will be much more useful than either of those in the long run.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

Yea I do the herbs and kingdom every day. I like fury better, but I saw claws drop like 10m so bought them. Hope they go up a little bit. I want to save money so by the time I'm maxed melee I hope to have enough for 95 prayer. That's why I'm looking for like the best slayer gear I can afford right now.

Buzz_lightyr.png

Buzz_lightyr.png

Sell claws, flip for 2% profit per day until you have enough for claws + fury + zerker and to continue flipping.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

The base slayer gear is as follows (alternatives in brackets):

• [For all slayer monsters except those mentioned under other weapons] Chaotic rapier (whip)
  • Bandos body + legs (Verac's skirt with either fighter torso or proselyte top)
  • [Depending on prayer/accuracy needs] Fire cape/Soul Wars cape/Ardougne cloak 3
  • Barrows gloves (your best rfd gloves, at least rune)
  • Dragon boots (rune boots)
  • Amulet of fury (glory)
  • Dragon defender
  • Berserker ring (i)/ferocious ring if slaying in Kuradal's Dungeon (berserker ring, warrior ring)
  • [Most important] Full slayer helmet.
  • [For magic defence on waterfiends/aquanites] Karil's top and elite void skirt (black dragonhide body and chaps)
  • [Crush attacks to use on waterfiends] Chaotic maul (Saradomin sword, Zamorakian spear)
  • [stab attacks for higher-levelled dragons, when not using rapier] Korasi's sword (Zamorakian spear, leaf-bladed sword)
  • Task-specific items such as mirror shields, antifire shields/potions, elemental shields, rock hammers, crystal chimes
  • Cannon (optional, up to personal preference)

Slayer setups generally emphasise strength bonus, which increases the average damage of each succesful hit (slayer monsters usually having rather low defence, hitting is not a problem). Secondly, prayer bonus is important to keep the cost of prayer potions down (as you slay with piety on, to increase the speed of your kills. This is cost-effective and highly recommended). As a rule of thumb, +15 prayer bonus or above is good, but don't overdo it (anything above +25 is a waste). Defence and accuracy bonus are usually not fretted over (any defence bonus over 200 will do; if you get hit too often you should be using a protection prayer). Dagganoth, black demon, lesser demon, hellhound, bloodveld and spectre tasks should be cannoned, as it dramatically increases xp rates (although it costs a bit).

Some notes on gear: You'll want a fury and a berserker ring before you get bandos plate, and get that before tassets. You'll want accuracy bonus on higher-levelled dragons; if using stab attacks (which you should) you can use the Ardougne cloak 3 which provides you with +6 stab and +6 prayer bonus. Torso + sw cape and fire cape + proselyte are common cheap top/cape combinations; the former is better.

Some levels to get for slayer (in approximate order but I'm not sure on the summoning):

• 68 summoning - bunyip
  • 81 dungeoneering (you need 2 million xp, which takes you to level 80, but allowing some tokens for the scroll of life) - rapier
  • 89 herblore (85 with a +4 stew boost) - extreme potions, superantifires
  • 95 prayer - turmoil and soul split
  • 88 summoning - unicorn
  • 96 herblore (91 with a +5 stew boost) - overload
  • 99 summoning - steel titan

I'm sure I missed something but this is most of it.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

don't get BCP, it isn't an imporvment over torso. Get Tasset. Sorry if the spelling is poor on this post, still recovering from new years. Best wishes to you sweetheart.

PM me in game anytime

Get turmoil. Even better of a boost, and provides healing. Pretty good stuff.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Sell claws, get fury and zerker ring first. Then, get tassets or if you cant afford them, atleast get a verac skirt. Shouldn't ever be slaying with a d skirt, verac skirt w/ torso is a must if you can't get tassets.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I love how, in all of these advice things, people are always told to flip and that the person asking the question always has some innate natural talent for flipping..... Least that's the way I see it....

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I would love to get Turmoil but I only have a 40m bank which you see in that picture :(, and it will cost me about 130m. So I'm going to sell Claws, get Fury, Berserker, and Verac's skirt until I make another 5m or so for Tassets.

Buzz_lightyr.png

Buzz_lightyr.png

I love how, in all of these advice things, people are always told to flip and that the person asking the question always has some innate natural talent for flipping..... Least that's the way I see it....

Haha I wish I did :P

Buzz_lightyr.png

Buzz_lightyr.png

flipping doesn't require talent. Just a little bit of patience.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

flipping doesn't require talent. Just a little bit of patience.

Well you kind of need to know what to flip and when to flip it.

Anyway if you plan on doing Slayer, then a pretty cheap but ver affective option is always Proselyte.

I would get a Fury (and a Zerker if you can). This means selling them claws (which are pretty useless unless you do GWD, for which you donnot have the gear anyway). Don;t worry about prayer and herb too much at the moment. Use your skills (or Slayer) to make the money for that. Also by waiting for wildy and the bold men to come back, most prices are sure to drop so getting 95 Prayer later might be a lot cheaper than it is now.

Gear all depends on your bank (what you can afford). For me, I don't have the time nor patience for that Barbarian Assault minigame lol for a torso, however money was never really an issue. I made so much from slayer alone. A few people mentioned turmoil and soul split. Typically, that's what i have my quick prayer select set to, and with sgs, I never need food, healing familiar and hardly ever need prayer potions.

For slayer, d claws are relatively worthless, they do provide a somewhat entertaining effect (I guess lol) when you use the special, but other than that, I dont see the point in them. I would get rid of them and get a fury instead, the combat rings, are up to you, I use them all, I know some that just use Ferocious Ring (in Kuradel's Dungeon), and ring of wealth elsewhere and even the onyx ring (i). Other than that, it all depends on your preferences and combat abilities.

barabas69.png

Proselyte Top and Verac's Skirt should be enough for most tasks, so I'd go ahead and buy those before the Zerker Ring. After you get those two body armour, I suggest making a bit more than enough $ for a Zerker Ring before actually buying. You don't want to end up having no coins left. Generally, I buy a less-than-needed item after I make about 5m more than that item's cost. That way, you will have a decent amount of money left.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

I sold my Tassets and now have a DFS and Berserker Ring. Should I sell DFS, and buy Verac's skirt? If so, what should I buy with the rest of the money. I also have 450k cash left.

DFS is useless especially considering you have access to super anti fires. I thought you decided on fury, tassets and berserker. What happened to that, it sounded good.

PM me in game anytime

DFS is useless especially considering you have access to super anti fires. I thought you decided on fury, tassets and berserker. What happened to that, it sounded good.

Exactly, get rid of the DFS, get a ddefender if you dont already have one, and get a fury/verac skirt. Save your extra money until you can afford tassets.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I was thinking the defense that V skirt gives is worth more than the Tassets' strength bonus. I'm not sure. What do you guys think? So should I sell the DFS and Berserker, and get Tassets again, or sell DFS, keep Berserker and buy a Verac's skirt, then save up for Tassets like [spoiler=Last_to_Kn0w said? ]

Exactly, get rid of the DFS, get a ddefender if you dont already have one, and get a fury/verac skirt. Save your extra money until you can afford tassets.

I sold them because they look like they are crashing so I don't want to lose money. But I'll the experts decide, I'm not good at this.

Buzz_lightyr.png

Buzz_lightyr.png

Downgrade tassets to vskirt, and start saving up for turmoil.

Downgrade to V skirt because it is better or just to save? Because I could just buy Tassets and when I have the rest of money for Turm I could just resell Tassets.

Buzz_lightyr.png

Buzz_lightyr.png