Super Prayer and Overloads

nintendomaster2024

I have 96 Herblore, and I want to make a lifetime supply of potions from 96-99. I am going to be making extra Special Restores, Super Antifires, and Extreme Attack/Strength/Range potions to supplement my stock even more, but I have a few questions.

Super Prayer Potions: Are they worth it? I did some math on it, and here are my results with 95 Prayer:

Wyvern Bones - 5528

Prayer Potion (3) - 4696

Prayer Potion (4) Restores 120 PPoints @ ~53 gp / PPoint

Super Prayer Potion (4) Restores 159 PPoints @ ~86 gp / PPoint

These are with current G.E. mid-range prices. That means that each prayer point recovered using Super Prayer Potion doses are about 1.6x more expensive than normal Prayer Potions, but each Super Prayer Potion (4) recovers 1.325x more than a Prayer Potion (4), which means that every 3 Super Prayer Potion (4) recovers about the same amount of prayer points as 4 Prayer Potion (4).

My question is: in which instances are Super Prayer Potions worth it? A full invent of Prayer Potion (4) is equivalent to 21 Super Prayer Potion (4), which isn't very much space saved at all. But people still use them. I do PvM and I might get into PvP when free trade returns, but never in my Slayer tasks, nor in all the bosses I've done (I've done them all, including Nex) have I had the need to use Super Prayer Potions (possibly because I haven't gone with pro teams before?). Or are they only used because they're good Herblore experience? I don't care for Herblore experience; all I care about is whether or not they're worth making for the money spent and the inventory space spent; maybe the few inventory spaces saved are worth it somewhere?

My other question is about Overloads: how many would be deemed a "lifetime supply?" I currently have 216 (4) doses of Overloads, and I am planning to make more. At most I'll be making 846 (4) Overloads, so that comes to 1062 (4) Overloads. Is that overkill? Or would that be a good amount for most, if not all, of my RS career? Once I get close to max, I'll be trying to get into a Pro Corp clan, as well as soloing most GWD bosses and hybridding DK's for Slayer tasks.

I'd rather ask others who have experience with either of these potions before spending too much / too little on them.

The reason I use super prayers mostly is because of the 'cheap' herblore experience.

Super prayers are still way cheaper than super restores (coming in at around 120gp/point), so you get herblore experience and you 'save money'. Not that anyone would use super restores while slaying, but I hope I made sense.

About your argument that 28 -> 21 is not that much of a difference: it is. You have 7 more inventory spaces, which can be filled with overloads or other things, which is especially handy at Tormented Demons or Barrows.

sigwg.png

Are you into DnB or Dubstep?

Be sure to check my SOUNDCLOUD and MIXCLOUD,

and like me on FACEBOOK to stay up to date!

Latest mix: Leuven Goes Out Deejay Contest Winning Set (Dubstep + DnB)

As for the overloads - I have 3k and I don't consider this "overkill".

1 (4) dose overload will give you approx. 20 mins of overloaded time.

1062 overloads sums to 21240 mins, or roughly 354 hours of overloaded time.

Phyrefight.png

albal1234.jpg

The reason I use super prayers mostly is because of the 'cheap' herblore experience.

Super prayers are still way cheaper than super restores (coming in at around 120gp/point), so you get herblore experience and you 'save money'. Not that anyone would use super restores while slaying, but I hope I made sense.

About your argument that 28 -> 21 is not that much of a difference: it is. You have 7 more inventory spaces, which can be filled with overloads or other things, which is especially handy at Tormented Demons or Barrows.

In which situations must you fill up your invent with Super Prayer Potions anyways?

Are there any situations where using 3 Super Prayer Potions is preferable to using 4 Prayer Potions, or where saving that one space makes a difference?

I use them now and then, mostly for situations where you have a packed inventory and use no BoB, like ct waterfiends (using an iron titan).

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Since you said you were planning on getting 99 herb, you should make as many overloads (and maybe super prayers) as possible. You don't want to be stuck with 10000 restore specials and extreme attacks that you would never use.

I'm only going to make like 300 Special Restores (I only have 30 at the moment) for Dragon Claw specials at GWD bosses for anticrashes, and even after making those potions, I'll have close to 3k of each Extreme Attack and Strengths in total. Why use Overloads on things you can use Extremes with, other than the instances when space is an issue, or when you'll be Hybridding at DK's or something similar. I can't fathom using Overloads just for a single attack style, with the exception of soloing bosses.

I guess it's understandable; the most extremes I use per slayer task is 2 sets of them, and if the general consensus is that it takes around 400 tasks to get 99 Slayer, then I won't need more than 800 of each. Although it doesn't mean I'll stop doing Slayer after that; I'll do it specifically for some tasks like Black Dragons for KBD or Dagganoths for DK's, or high-profit/fun tasks, so even then, I'll have 2200 Extreme sets left afterward. So it does seem a bit overkill not necessarily on Overloads, but in Extremes, with what I was planning to make.

I guess the only thing I'm wondering is, in which specific examples where using Super Prayer Potions to conserve space greatly enhances the experience, or even goes as far as being NECESSARY to use?

I do understand that yes, saving those few precious inventory spaces may actually make using Super Prayer Potions worth using; now I'm wondering: how frequent do those situations arise?

Soloing just about any boss? Use overloads and super prayer. Nexing? Use overloads and super prayer. Dking? Use overloads and super prayer. Why not prolong your trips for an extra 50k? 50k is such a small fee in terms of prayer, seeing as you have to bank/kc/get back in the groove all over again. + the fact that you're still making 3m-5m an hour doing these activities.

Sumondskull6.png

Super prayer pots are good for things like killing frost dragons or soloing arma or if you just want to camp somewhere turmoiling for a bit longer time.

About special restores, no really point to make them for boss crashes. Just get ingredients that you can put in your yak and make them when needed so they won't waste your active inventory space.

And truth is, if you do serious boss soloing and/or nex or Cb with small teams you can never have enough overloads. It'll be pure annoyance to make them once you are 99 already (unless you enjoy fast xp after that too..)

If only the grinding of the bones didn't take so long, I'd say they were always worth it. However, it takes like 7 hours to grind 1k bones, and that is totally not worth it for me. Ive got around 500 super prayers (4) and I'm really really sparesome wth them.

If only the grinding of the bones didn't take so long, I'd say they were always worth it. However, it takes like 7 hours to grind 1k bones, and that is totally not worth it for me. Ive got around 500 super prayers (4) and I'm really really sparesome wth them.

Not really- with good technique and yak, you can grind 25 bones per trip, 10 trips per yak, so it isn't all that bad. It's cheap herblore xp if you afk the grinding part, and in most cases, the extra cost isn't all that bad- instead of comparing them to prayer potions, you should compare them to super restores, and then you'll find that they are actually much cheaper. I have to admit, i use them on most slayer tasks even, just for the extra convenience(but they are perfect for nex).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Overloads speed up slayer by a very small marigin and if you have 1k+ overloads you might as well use them. It's also fast herblore xp & not too expensive.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted