First chaotic?

mlskid

I don't know which chaotic to get when I finally actually attempt to get one? My question is, I have Korasi and I don'tt often slay. I also plan on getting 88 summoning charms through wfs. So would it be more beneficial to get the Maul instead of a rapier? Or should i just slay for the charms for 88, tough it out and get a rapier instead? :unsure:

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

Rapier, maul isn't worth it if you're only going to use it for wfs. Besides the fact that ss will still be adequate for killing them.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but to sum up the 70+ pages of that Chaotic topic in general discussion would probably look like this:

Not maxed Melee, no extremes/high level curses, training to get there but still quite a ways away = CLS

Maxed melee with Extremes and Curses that slays = Rapier

If you ever plan on training Slayer to any degree, Rapier is a must-have, with Longsword being a close-yet-far-away second. I wouldn't bother with Maul until your 3rd or 4th Chaotic honestly.

I don't have ss yet. i do have an eee for healing though, and I'd like to also use a maul for when i start TDs. I also don't know wether or not I will go and get another chaotic for a while after getting the first one though... depends on how much soloing I will have to do.lol

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but to sum up the 70+ pages of that Chaotic topic in general discussion would probably look like this:

Not maxed Melee, no extremes/high level curses, training to get there but still quite a ways away = CLS

If you ever plan on training Slayer to any degree, Rapier is a must-have, with Longsword being a close-yet-far-away second. I wouldn't bother with Maul until your 3rd or 4th Chaotic honestly.

I don't think there's ever a reason to own a CLS. Even if you aren't maxed, the extra time training the rapier saves you far outweighs the small benefit CLS will give you at some bosses.

Close, not maxed players will be more accurate with a cls than a rapier on monsters with higher defense.

Get a rapier because

a)training monsters don't have high def so you wil max faster with a rapier.

b)once you're maxed you wont want to have to go get 200 k tokens again.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I'm not even considering getting the CLS anyway as I have no interest in it. Rapier is faster and all around better imo for everything. I was just wondering wether or not it'd be worth it for me to get a maul if i had to get a chaotic since i don't dg very often...

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:

Hmm, well on the debating topics, Where is it best to use a Rapier instead of Korasi, (I know almost everywhere) and also another list of where is it better to use a Maul instead of ZS? :thumbsup: That would be a lot more beneficial atm.

Think of it this way, once you have Maul and Rapier, you'll never need another melee weapon except for specs.

True, and specs will probably just be used up with my EEE, anyone any guestimates how long it will take me to get both the chaotics with dging like crazy, and usually just solo? haha.

first off, dont solo!! secondly maybe about 60 hours for the first one and then 30-40 for the second

Yep I second above.

I would get rapier then maul, though the crossbow is also very good.

@Bassy: the thread more or less sums up: rapier, then maul, as melee weapons go. CLS gets you more girls (<I disagree personally, but Gremmy's test were quite conclusive).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I currently am in mad love with my rapier, i've never had difficulty doing a significant amount of damage anywhere with it. I am also 17k tokens from maul, so i'll share my thoughts about it tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Rapier, Rapier, Rapier.

Just thought I would chuck my ore in here. Your goal seems to be fairly similar to mine (although I'm going for 99, not 88) I am going to get maul because it does own waterfiends, and I want melee xp so im not going to burst/blitz. The only difference between us is that I will have soul split to heal and extremes for more dps.

In short I think its your best choice if you are wanting to get summoning at wfs.

user1-dark.png

As everyone else has said - Rapier then Maul.

As the topic in general discussion says - Rapier = Whip on steroids. CLS = VLS on antidepressants.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D