Egyptian revolution live feed

Bloodstain

One of two things is going to happen. Either Mubarek steps down and goes into exile or he gets killed.

Well he's presumably out of the country, and the people wouldn't let him back in. Sooo as soon as someone steps up and take power, I think he'll pretty much be in exile

The stupid thing is that no matter what happens to him, as long as the National Democratic Party is still the only party in the Egyptian political system, nothing will change.

Same party, different "leader". #-o

I wouldn't worry about that, especially considering they set fire to the party's HQ

yes.png

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Article

The army was clearly projecting an image of being the ultimate power in the country, moving swiftly to protect the state TV building, parliament, the prime minister's office and the Egyptian Museum, home to priceless artifacts dating back 5,000 years.

If the protesters are going to burn some government buildings because they're angry, I'm fine with that, but please please PLEASE do not harm the Museum.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Article

The army was clearly projecting an image of being the ultimate power in the country, moving swiftly to protect the state TV building, parliament, the prime minister's office and the Egyptian Museum, home to priceless artifacts dating back 5,000 years.

If the protesters are going to burn some government buildings because they're angry, I'm fine with that, but please please PLEASE do not harm the Museum.

I don't see why they would burn the museum. They're not anti-Egypt, just against their government.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Article

I don't see why they would burn the museum. They're not anti-Egypt, just against their government.

The Pharaohs were just as tyrannical as the one right now. :razz:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Article

I don't think they will, but things can get out of hand if tensions are high like they are. It makes me a bit nervous.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I was speaking to a few older people who were born and lived in mostly Egypt, one lady and one man from Syria, and they were applauding the efforts of Tunisia and saying it was an inspiration to the Egyptian people. They said what the major Middle Eastern countries need is the younger populations to overthrow their despotic governments, such as the one in Tunis, and hopefully to follow: Cairo and Damascus. However, this will be a difficult process because the United States supports these long time leaders as they supposedly bring stability and what not. One of the reasons why Mubarak is in hot water is because he's seen as an American puppet. In the words of the Syrian man, "Good, Mubarak's balls are in the hands of Israel now."

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

BrnOr.png

http://twitter.com/evanchill/status/31636096068620288

Al Jazeera's getting kicked out of Egypt, but CNN is staying. Why? Because CNN are morons and aren't a real threat to Mubarak.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

BrnOr.png

http://twitter.com/e...636096068620288

Al Jazeera's getting kicked out of Egypt, but CNN is staying. Why? Because CNN are morons and aren't a real threat to Mubarak.

:(

this makes me sad

I enjoyed the live feed.

I want to see the coup!

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

There will be one bad result of this added freedom. The Brotherhood will become acceptably mainstream, and Copts will be persecuted. Similar to the toppling of Saddam, who suffered most? The Christians. Why? Scapegoat for populist angst.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

Uhhh looks like the military is keeping the protesters back

I don't think the military is on their side. They could have been a coup d'etat if the military was truly backing the rebels.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

That conclusion hasn't been drawn from the video itself, but from various reports(Twitter, AP etc). But you can clearly see that the military are shielding the protesters, which I would classify as being on their side. This is probably a peacekeeping tactic to minimise conflict.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

That conclusion hasn't been drawn from the video itself, but from various reports(Twitter, AP etc). But you can clearly see that the military are shielding the protesters, which I would classify as being on their side. This is probably a peacekeeping tactic to minimise conflict.

The military is pushing people back near the end, you can interpret that and them moving their tanks as trying to keep the protesters from moving forward. I realize that military is being pretty awesome and generally siding with protesters, but in this instance it doesn't look like they're trying to save protesters.

Why the museum, why..

),:

Uh, are you listening to FOX News or something?

yes.png

One thing that's struck me is America's need to be at the center of everything -- like always -- is on full-force. When are Americans, including so-called "liberals" going to understand that it isn't ABOUT you (meaning in this case the collective you that is called the United States)? Without constant U.S. and other western manipulation, people will over time evolve the kinds of governing systems that suit them. Stop insisting that they evolve the kinds of systems that suit you.

And then Obama with his know-nothing advisors advising him doesn't help things:

http://justworldnews.org/archives/004137.html

What is notable is the absence of anyone in the group who has any serious knowledge about either Egypt or the broader region.

So now, in the Oval Office, we have the blind leading the blind and the blind advising the blind. No Chas Freeman, no Bill Quandt, no Rob Malley... (The list of those excluded on ideological grounds is pretty long, too.) No-one, in short, who can integrate into the advice the President desperately needs to hear any real understanding of how the peoples of the region think and how the regional system actually works. God save us all from their self-inflicted ignorance.

And this is especially evident when his envoy to the region was Frank Wisner. What a joke.

As someone who most decidedly does NOT look at everything that happens in Arab countries through the lens of U.S. and Israeli interests, I say hooray, and more power to the people to overthrow the brutal tyrants who have sold their countries, and the lives of their people to the Empire and its mini-me in the Levant.

The people are demanding real democracy, not the sort that comes at the end of an American gun. This is an exciting and potentially wonderful set of events in the Arab world.

Did you really expect the U.S. government and people NOT to project their idea of government on Egypt? Narcissistic Americans think every revolution since the 18th century has been inspired by the American Revolution and that every country wants democracy, of course ignoring the fact that the cultural, social, economic, and political landscapes are radically different. Hell, even nature has an effect (think water and food supply) on how events transpire.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

Did you really expect the U.S. government and people NOT to project their idea of government on Egypt? Narcissistic Americans think every revolution since the 18th century has been inspired by the American Revolution and that every country wants democracy, of course ignoring the fact that the cultural, social, economic, and political landscapes are radically different. Hell, even nature has an effect (think water and food supply) on how events transpire.

He's not expecting, he wants things to be so.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

He's not expecting, he wants things to be so.

What?

phpFffu7GPM.jpg