Door lag

ghjkl

at least 90% of my dung deaths (excluding new boss i never fought) are due to door lag too...

The worse part of that is when you finally end up in a decent team with an experienced keyer, you can't fight conservatively at all... No SS flashing thus waste of food and pray due to lag. Can end up needing to fish or worse to make pray pots cause of that lol. Kinda defeats the point of going as fast as possible sometimes...

Happy having every dung reward i really want for now...

nasty_jenny.png

I like how you guys are picking on him while your the ones complaining about deaths from door lag, and he isn't... go figure.

It's pretty much a given that Brovellius has never keyed or even helped his team before. While everyone's doing guardian rooms or running keys through strings of rape rooms, he's sitting at HT with his mountain of prom ore, skilling.

It's funny, 'cause DGS has people (Michael, I'm looking at you) who can mine that much prom without ever slowing a floor down. Brovellius must really go out of his way to be unhelpful.

106 dungeoneering through leeching, basically.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Going to low detail helps reduce door lag by a lot. Whenever I dge I make sure to go into the lowest graphic settings I can.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Going to low detail helps reduce door lag by a lot. Whenever I dge I make sure to go into the lowest graphic settings I can.

I do the same. I can run normal RS on full settings but when it's DG time, lighting detail, textures, etc go to minimum.

The worse part of that is when you finally end up in a decent team with an experienced keyer, you can't fight conservatively at all... No SS flashing thus waste of food and pray due to lag. Can end up needing to fish or worse to make pray pots cause of that lol. Kinda defeats the point of going as fast as possible sometimes...

Just a note: I've done a 20 minute warped floor with Grimy keying and I can tell you for sure that nobody cooked any food or made any prayer pots. While the door lag was more of an issue than usual, we all still soul split flashed no problem.

It also ends up being faster to just die for prayer than sit around making rejuv pots, though it is really annoying to have to do so. At the end of the day, you have to realize it's just ~5-10k exp and not some horrible awful thing worth extending the floor by 10 minutes avoiding.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I like how you guys are picking on him while your the ones complaining about deaths from door lag, and he isn't... go figure.

It's pretty much a given that Brovellius has never keyed or even helped his team before. While everyone's doing guardian rooms or running keys through strings of rape rooms, he's sitting at HT with his mountain of prom ore, skilling.

It's funny, 'cause DGS has people (Michael, I'm looking at you) who can mine that much prom without ever slowing a floor down. Brovellius must really go out of his way to be unhelpful.

106 dungeoneering through leeching, basically.

Or, he could dung like me and my team does? Always with the same people who all like to dung the same way. Hardly leeching.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

^ how would golvellius ever find friends to do that with. no one likes him here, lol.

and yes, if youre on a team which is intended to rush (i.e. all the major dg worlds and clans), you are leeching if you make a full set of armor while everyone else is doing a gd.

__

OT: so is door lag server side or client side

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

^ how would golvellius ever find friends to do that with. no one likes him here, lol.

and yes, if youre on a team which is intended to rush (i.e. all the major dg worlds and clans), you are leeching if you make a full set of armor while everyone else is doing a gd.

__

I don't have anyone from Tip.it added to my friends list.

And I never said it wasn't leeching if he's doing it on a rushing team, where did you get that from?

It's server side I'm pretty sure.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

__

I don't have anyone from Tip.it added to my friends list.

And I never said it wasn't leeching if he's doing it on a rushing team, where did you get that from?

It's server side I'm pretty sure.

I got it from logic:

1) Golvellius has no friends; he has not spoken of any, no one likes him on tif, he has severe antisocial issues. also, it is highly unlikely to find 5 people as dumb as him to form a perm team. therefore, he likely does not have a perm team to dungeoneer with.

2) The only other way (aside from soloing) he can dungeoneer with a team is with a dg clan or world

3) Golvellius makes armor

4) If you make armor and you are on a dg clan/world, you are a leech

I kind of think the majority of door lag is client side because people have variable door lag. not totally sure though

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

when I asked "where did you get that from", I was referring to you saying that I had said Golv wasn't a leech, which I never did.

I know why you consider him a leech, and I agree with you....IF he's dunging with random people who intend to rush.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Or, he could dung like me and my team does? Always with the same people who all like to dung the same way. Hardly leeching.

anyway, so all that we have to agree upon now is that golv is unable to find friends to get a perm team with. lol

sigcopyaf.png

no...what we have to agree upon is that golv is a leech if he's dunging the way he says he his with random people. You're the one accusing him of being friendless.

Anyways...we're offtopic now (which happens a lot between me and you for some reason :unsure: )

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

he is a leech. ask anyone in 3bo (i.e. the majority of people, who don't dungeoneer in whatever strange way you do), and theyll say hes a leech

sigcopyaf.png

Who in hell would want golvellius on his perm team when he is maxed and only skills? lugging him around for a whole dungeon would take in excess of 30 additional minutes for every singe dungeon, and even though he might not die(how could he, if he is not helping), his teammates would die more often because of him. I mean, who in their right mind would ever bind a primal pickaxe and then pretend to be helpful for the team.

I think the only way to remotely reduce door-lag is lowest graph setting- cuts it down to 1-2 seconds, and though it's still bad, it's somewhat more bearable. Definitely a major source of deaths, still.

he is a leech. ask anyone in 3bo (i.e. the majority of people, who don't dungeoneer in whatever strange way you do), and theyll say hes a leech

Who in hell would want golvellius on his perm team when he is maxed and only skills? lugging him around for a whole dungeon would take in excess of 30 additional minutes for every singe dungeon, and even though he might not die(how could he, if he is not helping), his teammates would die more often because of him. I mean, who in their right mind would ever bind a primal pickaxe and then pretend to be helpful for the team.

I think the only way to remotely reduce door-lag is lowest graph setting- cuts it down to 1-2 seconds, and though it's still bad, it's somewhat more bearable. Definitely a major source of deaths, still.

Why do people keep saying this? When have I ever denied this?

All I've said that is if Golv is dunging with his own group of people, he isn't leeching if that's the way they like to dung. I'm pretty sure Golv has friends whom none of you have ever met who he probably dungeoneers with, who also probably enjoy making armor/skilling in dungeons just like him. Just because you don't find it fun, doesn't mean nobody else does.

I've said a few times now already... Yes, golv is leeching if he is dunging with random people who are looking to rush dungeons, so you can stop saying it.

I'm done with this thread, I'll read any future replies, but I will not respond.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

no...what we have to agree upon is that golv is a leech if he's dunging the way he says he his with random people.

---

Yes, golv is leeching if he is dunging with random people who are looking to rush dungeons, so you can stop saying it.

ding ding ding contradiction

sigcopyaf.png

no...what we have to agree upon is that golv is a leech if he's dunging the way he says he his with random people.

implies izenheim does not agree

no...what we agree upon is that golv is a leech if he's dunging the way he says he his with random people.

is what he thinks he meant

sigcopyaf.png

One of my long time friends dungeoneers like Sir Izenhiem and Golve. I asked him why he didn't want fast xp and his response was "I'm an old fart I like goin slow and enjoyin myself". I couldn't argue with that rationale. :lol:

Low_C.png

Locking this thread as it seems like it has just turned into an argument bashing one individual user.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog