Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RIFT

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

pennywise
[ Display Name History ]

pennywise

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,520 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I played WoW a lot I guess, but I never played consistently enough to do any endgame. That's the only other MMO i've played.

Icuownage
[ Display Name History ]

Icuownage

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,528 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I played WoW for quite a while, and thus Rift is practically second nature to me.

Although I have been taking it slow cause of school coursework. I would probably be level 40 by now if it wasn't cause of that, but I'm only at 31.

I feel the only time I actually hated Rift was in the zone of Gloamwood. Which, well, was just gloom and doom.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

K112
[ Display Name History ]

K112

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:K112

I'm in for another 3 months. It's only costing me $35 and since I'm not really playing any other PC games right now and enjoying RIFT (now a level 29 rogue) I might as well. It's nice to be able to play a MMO and not be addicted to it. RIFT is fun but I don't find myself craving to play it at random times throughout the day (like I did occasionally with RS).

By the way, for those considering upgrading for this, an i5-2500k made a huge difference for me. I don't lag anymore, period. Even at the boss invasions where there are like 100 people, it stays smooth.

Sadly, i'm looking at getting a laptop to play RIFT on, or one that could at least handle it if I decided to start playing, as i'm going to university soon and buying a new desktop or upgrading my current one wouldn't be very practical. I've seen one above the reccomended spec for a good price but with only i3 but a decent GPU. Should I be expecting lag?
Posted Image

frogact
[ Display Name History ]

frogact

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,657 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Gone Frog
  • RSN2:Fe Soli
Just made an acct on this game. This is WoW on steroids. Seriously. I think i like it.
jfroggy

Seraphi
[ Display Name History ]

Seraphi

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,414 posts
  • RSN:Void Seraphi
Just noticed there was a RIFT thread here.

Does anybody here still play? I got a mage to 50 a few weeks ago and we just got the people in our guild ready to start raiding. Currently stuck on the second Greenscale boss, which is an awareness check.

Some people eviently need to be more aware. Gilded Prophecy is going a lot better though, since we can be more selective about our dps.
Posted Image

pennywise
[ Display Name History ]

pennywise

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Just noticed there was a RIFT thread here.

Does anybody here still play? I got a mage to 50 a few weeks ago and we just got the people in our guild ready to start raiding. Currently stuck on the second Greenscale boss, which is an awareness check.

Some people eviently need to be more aware. Gilded Prophecy is going a lot better though, since we can be more selective about our dps.

I still play. Two level 50s now, a rogue and a cleric. Also stuck on 2/5 GSB lol. My guild is terrible.

Seraphi
[ Display Name History ]

Seraphi

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,414 posts
  • RSN:Void Seraphi
Mine isn't the best, the core is there, but a lot of members don't turn up to 20 man raids. Need more dedication from members if we want to beat Johlen.

the second Gilded Prophecy boss is fun as hell. It's basically a game of Simon Says where the penalty for failure is wiping the entire raid.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users