Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Best thing to invest money in before leaving

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

c_o_w
[ Display Name History ]

c_o_w

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Location:A place where time,space, and agility level doesn't matter
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:armageddian
Hey guys, I started playing again after I heard the old wild was back, and I have pked a ton, doubling my wealth. Now my membership is about to run out, and I winding down. I'm going to quit....again, although it always seems I come back to this game. For this reason, I want to keep my account in good standing and I'm looking for stuff to invest my money into that is stable, and will basically keep me where I'm at right now in terms of wealth. I currently have 11 mil cash, and two sets of d claws, a total of around 60 mil. Should I keep my money in a cashpile in my bank? I'm worried if I do that I'll be susceptible to inflation, and the cash will lose alot of it's value, where as items will stay around the same value. I used to just buy a BGS before I quit (around 18 mil) but now thats going down fast, same with d claws (lost around 10mil in 3 months). I was thinking maybe a rare, since those only go up... but at 60mil I don't think I can afford one.

So what do you think the best option on the way out is: leave it in coins, or buy items (if so which ones)?
Posted Image

My Colour

swagcake
[ Display Name History ]

swagcake

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Durmstrang
  • RSN2:Muskee
  • Clan:RS sucks now
unrelated, but u really dont do like any noncombat skills lol

i would leave it as cash, items seem to be falling in value more than gaining
unless u could buy a santa or something
Posted Image
Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

The Dark Lord
[ Display Name History ]

The Dark Lord

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,517 posts
  • Clan:S.W.A.G.
Personally, I'd just keep your bank in cash form so that you can't lose money, especially if you can't afford a rare.

As far as items go, everything seems to be decreasing in value. I'd recommend investing into Manage Thy Kingdom.
SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

green9090
[ Display Name History ]

green9090

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,599 posts
Equipment is always risky to leave money in, because it'll always be outclassed eventually. If you kept d claws and another good spec weapon came out, or some way to merc TDs harder than we already can, you'd be in trouble (see: AGS now vs. a few years ago). Coal, pure essence, and rares tend to keep value over time, though they do go through their ups and downs as well.

With the current market situation, I would probably keep pure cash. With statuettes gone we're looking at inflation calming down, which means money will be worth more compared to items. There aren't really any smart investments I can think of that are accessible at 60m.
Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

c_o_w
[ Display Name History ]

c_o_w

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 74 posts
LOL, your right, I don't like skills, I pretty much came back for pking, and I've had my fun, I have like 11 pures though haha. The thing I worried about if I have a cashpile is from like 2006-2008 ish the prices shot up, whip went from like 1.6 mil to like 4 mil, and I couldn't afford anything because I had cash that had been devalued. Now I see that in general prices are going down, I might just risk keeping it in coins. Think the rs economy will stay on this trend for at least 3 months?
Posted Image

My Colour

The Dark Lord
[ Display Name History ]

The Dark Lord

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,517 posts
  • Clan:S.W.A.G.
No reason for it not to.
SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

HexiledRazz
[ Display Name History ]

HexiledRazz

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • RSN:Hexiled Razz
  • RSN2:Pure of War
  • Clan:EoE

With the current market situation, I would probably keep pure cash. With statuettes gone we're looking at inflation calming down, which means money will be worth more compared to items. There aren't really any smart investments I can think of that are accessible at 60m.

Actually i think the Statuettes are still around as drops from revs, but much more rare so they don't have a big impact on the economy.

OT:

I think you should just keep your cash since you don't have enough for a rare. You could gamble with it and invest in raw materials like logs/ores/bars. But like i said, it's a gamble. They might go up, they might go down.
Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

c_o_w
[ Display Name History ]

c_o_w

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 74 posts
Ok, I guess the best thing to do is just keep it in coins. I'll wait till d claws are at least back to 25mil... any idea how far they'll rise?
Posted Image

My Colour

Dazzuh
[ Display Name History ]

Dazzuh

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,448 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Dazzuh
  • RSN2:Nub Hybrid
Buy 2 pairs of Ranger boots and leave the rest as cash.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

Th e Doctor
[ Display Name History ]

Th e Doctor

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,081 posts
Probs back to their price before everyone sold their claws to pay for BXPW goals. Set them in the GE around there, maybe a little lower, orders for members stuff can still fill while F2P last time I checked. Also put 2.7 mil into MTK and workers on maples/herbs. The cash will last 2 weeks to 80 % approval and bring a decent profit for those 2 weeks of doing nothing.

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,475 posts
invest in your non combat skills, seeing a bunch of skills under lvl 50 is such an eye sore

ilovecuttingyews
[ Display Name History ]

ilovecuttingyews

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
I would say, sell off all of your items, then put an offer in the GE for a santa / green h'ween. It's just as good as keeping it in pure cash, but in the event of a panic dump you may have a chance at a rare. Since rares are bound to go up in the long run, I'd say picking one up would be a good idea even if a crash would be the only way you'd get one.
Worst case - you have the same GP when you come back
Best case - you have a rare that will likely go up

i_trollz_u
[ Display Name History ]

i_trollz_u

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • RSN:i_trollz_u
Just earn like 12M more and get a green. You can play for like a week longer before you quit?

Gwasha
[ Display Name History ]

Gwasha

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • RSN:Gwasha
  • Clan:HashtagSWAG

I would say, sell off all of your items, then put an offer in the GE for a santa / green h'ween. It's just as good as keeping it in pure cash, but in the event of a panic dump you may have a chance at a rare. Since rares are bound to go up in the long run, I'd say picking one up would be a good idea even if a crash would be the only way you'd get one.

Genius
Posted Image

B_Ryan20
[ Display Name History ]

B_Ryan20

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • RSN:B Ryan20
Just invest in skills they never decrease in value :thumbup:

Just buy supplies or rares pretty much are your best bet

Posted Image

green9090
[ Display Name History ]

green9090

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,599 posts

Genius

Yeah this is a great idea.
Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

c_o_w
[ Display Name History ]

c_o_w

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 74 posts

I think I just might do this, thanks for the good idea :thumbsup:. I really don't want to put money into skills, I know they don't lose their value... but I really don't like skilling... I play for combat lol. Where can you play MTK, never used it before... there's a quest right?
Posted Image

My Colour

Crossed_Body
[ Display Name History ]

Crossed_Body

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,245 posts
  • RSN:Crossed Body

What are you talking about? Of course they do...
Posted Image

Th e Doctor
[ Display Name History ]

Th e Doctor

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,081 posts

Last time I checked the boost you get to combat from extremes/turmoil doesn't diminish relative to gp over time. Neither does your ability to do the entire beacon network at 92 firemaking.

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

green9090
[ Display Name History ]

green9090

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,599 posts

Last time I checked the boost you get to combat from extremes/turmoil doesn't diminish relative to gp over time. Neither does your ability to do the entire beacon network at 92 firemaking.

No, but Runecrafting and slayer have much lower income than they used to, thieving is worthless compared to before pyramid plunder was released and it was knights of Ardougne all the way to 99, mining is much less prestigious now that there are concentrated ores, smithing was a lot more valuable when r2h was the best weapon... I could go on and on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users