Advertizements

BoBo4eva

They dont' have that much control over what ads run on their sites. But, if they do see an inapporiate ad they can have it removed. I believe that's how it works. I'll have to ask Weezy next time I see her on MSN messnger. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. It's almost 2am afterall.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

Well I'll just have to assume that Weezy isn't me. :P

I'm sure RS is the same as tip.it-- we have no choice on what ads show up on the site. And yes, as metallica says, if we think one is inappropriate, we can talk to the company and have it removed on the site.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

The advertisers dont know the age of the population because jagex tells advertisers:

Jagex has a large audience of over 5 million unique users who play our games every month. Our audience is made up of a wide age range from 8 to 50 years olds. RuneScape has over 2.8 million active registered players. The audience is 90%:10%, male:female.

50 years old, that means people who date. 8 years old, that means people who have yet to mature.

EDIT: forgot to cite: http://www.jagex.com/corporate/index.ws

Then click on advertising

Foooman.png

if u see an advert wich is inapropiate (sp?) click om the litle question mark next to the advert and look @ the ID nummer.

then write them a meesage trough your message centre wich includes that ic nummer of the advert ;)

not everybody wants to hear the bubblegum pop garbage.

im gonna burn in hell and drink all of satans beer.

trashmetal/deathmetal/hardrock/folkmetal die hard

Well I'll just have to assume that Weezy isn't me. :P

I'm sure RS is the same as tip.it-- we have no choice on what ads show up on the site. And yes, as metallica says, if we think one is inappropriate, we can talk to the company and have it removed on the site.

such as the ones on here advertising characters and GP for sale for $? or the ones advertising autoers :?

I would be massively surprised if runescape don't have control over the ads on their site - it's not as if they're hosted on someone else's server or something.

And the people who put advertisements on the site should have a good idea of the people who play too. With rs' size i'd imagine ads are quite expensive, and whe you're paying a fair bit of money for adverts you want to make sure you're not wasting it.

Fortunately i'm a member so i don't get annoyed by the ads. When i wasn't a member, i used software that blocks banner ads, so i can't really comment on the ads on the site.

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

I would be massively surprised if runescape don't have control over the ads on their site - it's not as if they're hosted on someone else's server or something.

I think some websites hire someone else to sort all their adds like the google adds.

And the people who put advertisements on the site should have a good idea of the people who play too. With rs' size i'd imagine ads are quite expensive, and whe you're paying a fair bit of money for adverts you want to make sure you're not wasting it.

Some are not that eficiant at figuring what population looks at their adds all they see in 5million people between 8-50.

Fortunately i'm a member so i don't get annoyed by the ads. When i wasn't a member, i used software that blocks banner ads, so i can't really comment on the ads on the site.

Everyone i know hates firefox except me and they wonder howcome i never have adds on webpages :lol: .

The only thing i wonder about is that there is an advertisement for the US Air Force. Isnt Jagex in england?

the ad's are for money, everytime someone clicks an add Jagex gets a small amount of money for promoting that particular site, the money is then normally used to pay for hosting, which is why most forums have ad's, to help the owner pay. the ad's are also not determined by Jagex themselves, they are picked by the sponsors, who chose ad's that they think will be appropriate, however Jagex can chose to not use particular ad's for whatever reason.

They are most certainly hosted externally from the runescape site. Generally when you agree to host advertisements you only agree to display the ads, not pay for the hosting of them as well.

Contrary to popular belief, runescape is not only for people in the 8 to 13 age bracket. There are people of all ages playing, hence it is appropriate for advertisements to be targeted to all demographics.

Me too, long live adblock.

siganizq4.gif

such as the ones on here [Tip.It] advertising characters and GP for sale for $? or the ones advertising autoers :?

Report bad ads here! Topic

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=239677

You have a topic for bad adds!?!!? :shock: Ow man, shame on me for not knowing that :oops:

The only thing i wonder about is that there is an advertisement for the US Air Force. Isnt Jagex in england?

I think all adds are location related because I get adds in Dutch, which is pretty convenient since I live in the Netherlands. Also, one of my rs friends from the US once asked me (when I was still f2p) if I also saw the add with Paris Hilton in it. It was the add for the tv serie she did on a well known music channel and he told me she was looking pretty hot in that add. Sadly I never got that add :cry:

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

They are most certainly hosted externally from the runescape site. Generally when you agree to host advertisements you only agree to display the ads, not pay for the hosting of them as well.

I meant the game not the adverts :)

Ie, if you have a basic website with hosters like tripod or topcities, you have no control over the ads that display on your website. Due to the size of the game, i highly doubt this applies to Jagex.

Contrary to popular belief, runescape is not only for people in the 8 to 13 age bracket. There are people of all ages playing, hence it is appropriate for advertisements to be targeted to all demographics.

I never said that wasn't the case - i was replying to the assertion above that "people who advertise on runescape dont know who they're targeting". Perhaps i should use quotes more.

I think some websites hire someone else to sort all their adds like the google adds.

Good point. They still have control over the adverts in the sense i meant - as it's their decesion whether to farm off the work to an agency or not - but it's quite likely they don't actually vet all the ads themselves.

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

• 3 years later...

Lol wow. Owned. #-o

If you do find something offensive there's a little "?" box on the right corner of the add which gives you instructions on how to report the ad to Jagex so they can remove it.