Keying

The_Gabe

What does the developer console do to help with keying? -.^

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

` is extremely useful in dungeoneering, though I find that I use it less and less the more I key. Otherwise, there aren't any keying programs other than the ones Grimy is developing.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

the developers console is alright, but you cant erase anything so eventually you get a lot of text that i dont need, usually i use a notepad, and or some of the things grimy has made. now adays though im finding it a lot easier to remember without anything.

the developers console is alright, but you cant erase anything so eventually you get a lot of text that i dont need, usually i use a notepad, and or some of the things grimy has made. now adays though im finding it a lot easier to remember without anything.

You can clear it, just type "cls" <_<

Power2o.png
Power2ho.png

Are there any programs available to help keep with keys/doors?

DGE had very sophisticated program that would automatically record the locations of keydoors on a map, when you right clicked a key door.

The program would automatically read the name of the door once it was right clicked, look at the world map, and record then draw the relevant key door on a map for you based on that.

but DGE is dead and I wouldn't know how to access that program anymore.

I have some code, it's really basic and I'm not even sure I plan to use it in the long run.

Naaxi.png

I wrote a program once.

But since I got banned from the rsof for asking for beta testers I decided to stop writing...

My point is; don't expect it, the rs community behaves terrible when you are actually trying to make something which benefits them!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

What would you need to write down anyways? Most stuff you should just memorize. You'll get better at that the more you key.

I'm sure if you do like ~15 ish dungeons a day - it'll be a little confusing sometimes.

It's really not that hard to write a notation of where a key is - and it's much faster then loading the god damn map multiple times in a DG

capt%20kevin.png

What would you need to write down anyways? Most stuff you should just memorize. You'll get better at that the more you key.

Not everyone has a great memory or can even train themselves to memorize floor layouts. While I usually don't have a problem remembering doors, there is the odd floor where the amount of information I have to memorize is overwhelming, so I'll write a few things down.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I usually solve the problem of poor memory by making someone gate a door and write down what they gated. Then I can generally stay on top of the floor just by recognizing a key as something someone has gated and putting it on the ggs for them, and I stay in charge of remembering the doors near enough the ht that they don't need a gate. As I was telling my team last night, most of my keying strategy involves making other people do stuff for me so I don't have to :P

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Not everyone has a great memory or can even train themselves to memorize floor layouts. While I usually don't have a problem remembering doors, there is the odd floor where the amount of information I have to memorize is overwhelming, so I'll write a few things down.

So just use a pen and pencil. Even better if you're ambidextrous.

Staurolite.png

I write ht keys, altar, everyone in my team's name, everyone's gates, my gate, boss, general location sometimes... sometimes farm patch from ht or prom/gorg ores from ht, etc.

o and I write things that are near home like n e n go cr

I have the proest memory

siggya.png