Nice people still in runescape

Kill_Thomas9

well about 3 weeks ago a lost my abby whip

thats a big deal for me.

On christmas one of my friends gave me 250k to help me get back to where I was. After he gave me the stuff he said he would give me a whip when he got 10mil.

I told him that that was too much, but even the fact that he was gunna give me that stuff shows just how generous people still are.

I wont mention his name for his own privacy

Been posted, but there is still some nice people in runescape.

Search!

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

yup, there' sgood ppl out there still, idk where tho lol

sigph8.jpg

Barrows Drops: Veracs helm(3), Veracs skirt, dh helm, dh legs, guthan legs,

torags helm, Karils top(2), Ahrim's skirt(2), ahrims top, guthans pl8, torags pl8, guth helm

Dragon Drops: D Med(barrows)

I make it a point to go to Lumbridge atleast once a week to help a true newbie. You know a true newbie from a noob by how they act and how they ask for help. If it's a noob, it'll beg for good and ask for armor and weapons. Newbies just ask a lot of questions, like where to mine, how to make gold, where places are, etc. I usually lead them around, tell them good ways to make gold and if I have the time and ore, I'll make them some armor. :D

[edit]

A guy I barely knew at the time (we're best rs friends now) bought me full rune when I was finally able to wear it. :)

Yeah I met two really nice people today (also first day trying World 7, I guess I'm staying!)

-First, I was just fishing in Karamja as usual and this guy asked if anyone spoke spanish. I said I did and we got into this big convo and stuff, and he said he was saving his pennies to buy Zammy armor (obviously saving quite a few pennies) and he said when he got however much he needed, he'd give me his full rune if I wanted it. I dunno if he'll follow through, but he was a really nice guy anyway.

-Second, I'm not sure whether to file this under really nice or really lazy, but I was just fishing and this guy was like "Firrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre" (I really dunno why people cant use two inv spots to bring an axe and tinder, but w/e) so I walked the whole 1 minute to the nearest tree and back and make a fire. Then this guy offers me a trade. I figured he was gonna give me some of what he caught or w/e, but he gave me a RUNE MED for making a dang fire for him. Goes to show that some people are still nice, or at least still desperate for fire?

sanday79.png

newsig.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

There are plenty of beggers and cretins on RS but one thing that has always stuck with me is that when I was a poor noob and couldn't afford mith someone gave me a mith platebody. Now whenever I smith up a large batch of mith or addy I find a noob who is down on his luck and gift a set to him.

This has one of two effects, I either have add them to my ignore list because they keep begging for more or you discover that some people believe in the addage "I you scratch my back I'll scratch yours" in which case they sometimes offer to help collect ingredients etc etc.

If anyone ever asks me for anything they are unlikely to get it..begging should not be tolerated but when you reach a decent lvl then sometimes something that means nothing to you like a tally or something can make a world of difference to someone else.

you know whats nice? instead of giving someone something (armor, money, etc.), teach them how to make it. like the old proverb goes:

you can feed a hungry man for a day by giving him fish, but you can feed him for the rest of his life by teaching him how to fish
so the next time someone asks you for something, hand them a chisel/hammer/pick/axe, or whatever it may be to make the item (except if they want money). see how they react, and if they'll truely appreciate it.

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

I got a nice start back in 2002 with someone making full bronze armor for me.

I've tried to help out when I can... at least when I can be sure it's not begging.

Nice folks do exist... you just have to look carefully for them. It's hard to find them just by being in game, though-- a little easier to sort out on the forums.

This has been mentioned before, but it's been long enough that the simple "search is your friend" advice should suffice.

you know whats nice? instead of giving someone something (armor, money, etc.), teach them how to make it. like the old proverb goes:

you can feed a hungry man for a day by giving him fish, but you can feed him for the rest of his life by teaching him how to fish
so the next time someone asks you for something, hand them a chisel/hammer/pick/axe, or whatever it may be to make the item (except if they want money). see how they react, and if they'll truely appreciate it.

THANK YOU! Whenever I try this I usually get a 'noob' or 'I'm reporting you'... I definitely agree with you though. And being nice doesn't necessarily mean giving items; taking the time to help someone with a quest or showing them how to do something always makes people happy. :)

Bren

Not very many tho...If you walk next to someone and you aren't has high of a level as they are you get called a "noob". They don't know if you have a higher main, if you know alot about the game, if this is a new character because you haven't played in a long time. Level doesn't effect the player playing the game.

There arent as many nice people as in RSC or when RS2 first was released, ask for somebody to get you a brass key now and they call you a noob :(

but thats besides the point. :D

sig1zs0.jpg

De_Pk - Level 117 - Banned September 30th '06.

Not very many tho...

Yeah, that's true; a lot of people just want the items as opposed to help with something, but if you have a friend or meet a nice newbie, they'll appreciate you spending your time helping them.

Bren

They are out there if you dont look :P as you can all be sure - just well hidden to prevent hackers knowing they have items or just because once people know your a nice person they add you to their friend list and hassle you to give them full rune or 100k and then get rude when you wont just hand out that kinda cash.

Purdy+Angel.png

just because once people know your a nice person they add you to their friend list and hassle you to give them full rune or 100k and then get rude when you wont just hand out that kinda cash.

Hah no kidding. :roll:

Bren