How about a PIN for your WHOLE account?

G_0_D_Zmorak

Well, as you all probably know, there are some amazing pures out there who have very low defense. People like 3__Hit__U for example. Now...if someone was to hack him, they probably would be very lucky, because he probably has a very complex password. Now, most likely they wouldn't be able to get into his bank account. However, he then goes to the friends list and deletes them all.

Now...here is the worst part. With amazing stats like his, he could probably get 50 defense in like one day, easily. So if someone hacked him, TONS of hours of hard work could be instantly destroyed. To me, this would be WORSE than losing all of my items.

So what do you think? Should there be some type of optional PIN to prevent ANY action on your account? Ideas?

I have it! Let's make a 15 character alphanumeric string that you must enter to play, to pass the gate. It's a word that allows you to pass - what should we call it?

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

I was thinking 'password'... but that would be too obvious wouldn't it? :)

siganizq4.gif

I have it! Let's make a 15 character alphanumeric string that you must enter to play, to pass the gate. It's a word that allows you to pass - what should we call it?

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Hehe, as funny as that was you know what he means. An Account PIN would be good, I haven't yet got my first Bank PIN through yet, so I don't know to well how it would work.

Christ, how many passwords do you people need?

If you had a half decent firewall and antivirus and didn't fall for pathetic scams, people wouldn't even need a bank pin, never mind an 'account pin'

yeah, but someone with enough will power could break through the fire wall, and antivirus stuff, and still get into your account.

i think that this is a good idea.

If you had a half decent firewall and antivirus and didn't fall for pathetic scams, people wouldn't even need a bank pin, never mind an 'account pin'

yeah, but someone with enough will power could break through the fire wall, and antivirus stuff, and still get into your account.

Why the heck would someone go through all that trouble just to steal a character in a game. I agree with Bubsa

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

hmm, how about a wordpass! or maybe a possward!or wasspord! or drowssap!

parents17dc.gif

If they can "Keylog" you and get your password just like that, what stops them from getting your account pin also?

keylogs, from my understanding, involves tracking which keys are pressed. But, if you entered a pin by clicking, they register clicks. They can get coordinates, but the randomization of numbers makes it hard to predict the number of each click.

If they can "Keylog" you and get your password just like that, what stops them from getting your account pin also?

keylogs, from my understanding, involves tracking which keys are pressed. But, if you entered a pin by clicking, they register clicks. They can get coordinates, but the randomization of numbers makes it hard to predict the number of each click.

Hold on, you're trying to tell me that everyone's account is stored on their PC and not Jagex's servers?

hell yeah like a 8 or 9 digit pin to enter the account would be a great idea cuz they can't track down the clicks with keylog, i have been hacked before, lost 4 mill santa hat 3k death 2k lobs on my pure. i would love that idea

Some keyloggers can take low quality pictures of your computer screen every few clicks, to my understanding.

Still, it seems unnecessary.

Retired from runescape

(Banned for bug abusing)

I believe that is what Maple Story is doing now, and it sounds effective. Extra protection.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

why not a keypad on the screen to enter your password?

keyloggers are WAY more dangerous than just stealling your runescape account. ANYTHING you type could get picked up, such as email passwords, creditcard numbers, ssn, addresses and personal info. a keyloggers could pick up an entire document you typed in word, as well as searches you make on the web

the problem isnt making runescape more secure, but making YOUR COMPUTER more secure so you dont get a keylogger in the first place. get a security system like mccafe or bullguard that allows you to manually choose EVERY program on your computer that tries to send info online, and regularly tells you if you have spyware, viruses or even ad programs on your computer and removes them

as for worrying if your precious account might get stolen, i think you people have to little to worry about

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

I do wish non-technical people would stop trying to propose technical solutions.

As mcowned said, you get keyloggers with screenscrapers that take a screen shot when you click, so an extra PIN really will not do anything.

At the end of the day a decent firewall and antivirus, an up to date computer and alittle common sense is the best defence.

there are no stupid questions

just way too many inquisitive idiots

balance is scary to people who like things easy for them

Utopianflame.png

I do wish non-technical people would stop trying to propose technical solutions.

As mcowned said, you get keyloggers with screenscrapers that take a screen shot when you click, so an extra PIN really will not do anything.

At the end of the day a decent firewall and antivirus, an up to date computer and alittle common sense is the best defence.

I agree another pin isnt going to help just get a decent firewalla and anti-virus and COMMON SENSE (best thing probably) and your set. As for someone hacking your computer and getting past the firewall and anti virus just for a runescape account its highly unlikely because its just pixels...

Happy scamming....paranoids..:P (had to say it)

Talk about common sence. :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :oops:

Other than that, I quite agree with you.

RsN: Arcade

The data has to be sent from the keylogger to the person who placed it. If they keylogger is sending pictures, he'll has to go tru alot of pictures no?

You can keep putting passwords and safety thingies to secure an account, but in the end it's the owner who bares the responsibility of making sure it won't get stolen.