I know we're sick of bot rants, but...

Panzerlord

Okay, so I'm at Aviansies trying to make a bit of cash, y'know. Anyway, I go there and see BOTS BOTS BOTS everywhere. But I figure "eh, my range is decent, I can outshoot them."

Turns out they like to move as a swarm and when they all move at the same time, I lag VERY hard.

Turns out when I lag very had next to a Saradomin Spiritual Mage, I die.

gf 2m <_<

Indie_Kids.png

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap

I'll go ya one better... I think we need a whole board (or sub-board) for anti-bot stuff. That way, the whole TIF Community can collaborate and start helping rid RuneScape of these damn [bleep] bots. :twisted:

~D. V. "Just a thread? No! You're thinking too small!" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I'll go ya one better... I think we need a whole board (or sub-board) for anti-bot stuff. That way, the whole TIF Community can collaborate and start helping rid RuneScape of these damn [bleep] bots. :twisted:

~D. V. "Just a thread? No! You're thinking too small!" Devnull

I completely agree.

OP, aviansies aren't great for money OR ranged exp, especially not with competition from bots.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

i'm sure most are sick of the threads rather than the bots themselves

Yeah, bots don't bother me at all but 9/10 threads in general discussion are about bots so they annoy me indirectly.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I think the title is pretty accurate. I for one am completely fed up with them.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Should implement a sub-board under rants to host the botting threads. I understand where the posters are coming from, but seeing a dozen threads like this gets annoying.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Should implement a sub-board under rants to host the botting threads. I understand where the posters are coming from, but seeing a dozen threads like this gets annoying.

Why don't you use your position to influence an admin?

Or is that not allowed... Don't do it if it's not allowed

do it anyway ;P

PM me for fitocracy invite

do it anyway ;P

Erm... My position?

Dude, I just edit weekly articles, I'm not a mod or anything :P

Maybe if I give Tripsis some sour skittles

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

do it anyway ;P

Erm... My position?

Dude, I just edit weekly articles, I'm not a mod or anything :P

Maybe if I give Tripsis some sour skittles

Hold the Times hostage until we get a board >:]

Bots can be very annoying, and while Jagex "ASSURES" us they are doing plenty about it, there are other ways to chip in.

A few of the tif members, and indeed some RSOF members often go bot hunting with the help of Jagex Staff.

These trips can be good fun, you see the immediate effect of the Ban Hammer :)

Bots can be very annoying, and while Jagex "ASSURES" us they are doing plenty about it, there are other ways to chip in.

A few of the tif members, and indeed some RSOF members often go bot hunting with the help of Jagex Staff.

These trips can be good fun, you see the immediate effect of the Ban Hammer :)

Yeah, but that's the problem. It's instant gratification. No long term plan, or really actually effective plan.

Well that is true.

This is where I feel Jagex could improve, there isn't much we can do, as players.

Even player mods only have the power to mute and pass usernames on.

It must be quite easy for a member of Jagex staff to get hold of the scripts used by botters and run searches, match them to accounts...

I noticed these while I was doing solo armadyl gwd. They pissed me off to no end. I assumed that with 99 ranged, full armadyl, rune crossbow, diamond bolts (e), and a zammy book I should easily be able to out damage the level 70-90s in rune legs, a d hide body, rune full helm (arma), and a granite shield, right? Apparently not... I'd start fighting an aviansie, 2-3 bots would run up and attack it, it dies in seconds and I get no killcount for it. Took me much longer for killcount on each trip than it should have.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Well that is true.

This is where I feel Jagex could improve, there isn't much we can do, as players.

Even player mods only have the power to mute and pass usernames on.

It must be quite easy for a member of Jagex staff to get hold of the scripts used by botters and run searches, match them to accounts...

True, but as bot software becomes increasingly complex, Jagex has to work harder and harder to try and keep up. This was always going to happen if Jagex relaxed the restrictions it imposed back in 07/08; the perpetual battle against bots cannot be won by simply trying to outdo their software. But, hey, we can just live with them I suppose. :???:

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau