Easter Carrot [Topic exhausted]

Dire_Wolf

Ok, i am not sure if this belongs here but i found a potential good use for Easter carrot.

I went and attacked Guards at Varrock with Easter carrot and noticed i hit 0s constantly. Then a player came and pickpocketed the guard who stood on same spot because i kept him occupied with Easter Carrot attacks. Now this is not groundbreaking but if and when Jagex updates Thieving so that you can left-click thiev npcs, it could be good.

Here is how i am thinking. Ardougne Knights are pretty good to pickpocket, and Gloves of silence+ Ardougne cloak should help. So here is what this could lead to:

10-20 players (a group formed like Penguins cc, Bursting lobs or a method to pickpocketing) - All of these pay x coins to "Tanker" per hour.

Tanker: Keeps a Ardougne knight in same spot by attacking with Easter carrot

Again i am not saying this is ground breaking, but it's a use for Easter Carrot and can be very convenient if you pickpocket. And if the number of players who pickpocket are 10, then the tanker could earn 200K, just by making sure account is logged on and attacking Pickpocket npc. And if there is 20 players pickpocketing, the tanker can earn 400K per hour.

Based on each player of the 20 pickpocketers paying 20K each.

In order for it to be fully efficient you would need the person to be 1 Attack, 1 Strength and 99 Defence (or at least a high Defence) to keep the guard occupied for a long period of time. If someone with 99 Attack and Strength did it, then eventually the guard will be killed. I know that with my stats I killed a guard with an Easter carrot in a short amount of time.

This is a good concept, yes, but usually people have other alternatives. For example, people lock the master farmers in Ardougne in the farm and pickpocket them. Since it's such a small space, this does the same job for them, and with no cost.

A same example with guards: in Ardougne there are many different houses that can be used for this same purpose. I remember when I was low Thieving and people lured the guards into different houses. This locked them in and did the same trick.

j0xPu5R.png

Pay someone so that you can get subpar thieving exp? No, just no.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

In order for it to be fully efficient you would need the person to be 1 Attack, 1 Strength and 99 Defence (or at least a high Defence) to keep the guard occupied for a long period of time. If someone with 99 Attack and Strength did it, then eventually the guard will be killed. I know that with my stats I killed a guard with an Easter carrot in a short amount of time.

This is a good concept, yes, but usually people have other alternatives. For example, people lock the master farmers in Ardougne in the farm and pickpocket them. Since it's such a small space, this does the same job for them, and with no cost.

A same example with guards: in Ardougne there are many different houses that can be used for this same purpose. I remember when I was low Thieving and people lured the guards into different houses. This locked them in and did the same trick.

That is true and and i am aware of knight in house and Master farmer. But it's still better if the npc did not move. And i am helping someone (because i am bored with Runescape pretty much), i am attacking the Ardougne knight in house. I am 99 attack,strength, defence. And i have barely taken off 1/30hp of Knight. Equipment: Helm of netiznot, defence amulet, rune plate, bandos tasset, dragon boots, warrior ring (I), Faithful shield (castle wars), Fire cape and Barrow gloves.

But i think this concept could be good to use when you can left-click thiev Npcs. Do you agree?

And it could introduce a new way of earning cash, by "Tanking" Thiev npcs. Get paid 10K to 20K per player each hour depending on many players pickpockething when your tanking.

Have 100 players pickpocketing the thing you are tanking. Each paying 20k/h.

Green dragons are still better cash.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Have 100 players pickpocketing the thing you are tanking. Each paying 20k/h.

Green dragons are still better cash.

This (although it's a little extreme)

I don't believe thieving from Ardounge Knight is very effective.

You can easily get 2, 3 times that with other methods.

It's a nice idea - it might help if you have a group of friends who want to train thieving (pickpocket-ing) at a super low level but other then that, I don't see any real use for it.

capt%20kevin.png

This (although it's a little extreme)

I don't believe thieving from Ardounge Knight is very effective.

You can easily get 2, 3 times that with other methods.

It's a nice idea - it might help if you have a group of friends who want to train thieving (pickpocket-ing) at a super low level but other then that, I don't see any real use for it.

I agree and am aware it's not the best exp for Thieving (Pyramid Plunder/Monkey Knife's are no?), but i was thinking more as a lazy way to level up (but still decent). But it's no good without left-click thieving.

Saw the title, thought it was a troll thread.

Looked in thread, and realized this is actually a pretty damn good idea if the conditions were met.

So, IF Jagex makes the update and IF people are willing to do sub-par thieving xp for a little more gp, I suppose yes, it's a good idea. However, that being said I doubt it'll ever be a particularly popular method.

Having -65 attack in any attack style gives you 0% accuracy, regardless of your stats

77yLQy8.png

Having -65 attack in any attack style gives you 0% accuracy, regardless of your stats

The Muggi has spoken, /thread

PM me for fitocracy invite

Monkey Knife Fighters are already one of the laziest ways to Thiev and get 300K xp an hour.

Actually not. Considering you have to knock em out and right click thiev em. It will not be the laziest method IF left-click picking comes.

Monkey Knife Fighters are already one of the laziest ways to Thiev and get 300K xp an hour.

Actually not. Considering you have to knock em out and right click thiev em. It will not be the laziest method IF left-click picking comes.

Where has there been any mention by JaGex of a left click thieving option? There hasn't been as far as I am aware and there never will be because if they changed it, where would the attack option go?

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Another bad idea from Dire Wolf it seems?

If left click pickpocketing was suddenly implemented, this still wouldn't be a very good idea. I don't think people are going to want to stand around for hours unless it pays very well. And if they demand high pay, I don't see who would want to pay them for such terrible thieving xp anyway. Not to mention, if you fail a pickpocket, the NPC hits you and stops all combat, meaning they will start walking again. Terrible idea.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I found a better way than constantly attacking a npc to keep it "trapped" in a spot. I will go make the video.

EDIT:

As i went to record video, i realize trapping a Thiev npc can be done without a Easter carrot. I thought i had found a use for it, but i was wrong.

Assuming it hasn't changed, trapping NPCs to thieve has always been possible (I got to 85 or so thieving on knights of ardougne prior to pyramid plunder being released). However, after a while (forget how long), the trapped NPC will be able to walk through you and escape. This does, however, mean that there is essentially no use for having some attack an NPC to keep it in place.

Not to mention the relatively slow rate of experience you get from NPCs like that.