Funny Short Phrase Game (Updated 2011-05-05)

D. V. Devnull

THE FUNNY SHORT PHRASE GAME!

(Last Updated: May 5th, 2011 - Overly long lengths changed down to suitable levels.)

Introduction:

So, it finally came to be up to me to launch off a forum game. It took me a few, going through strange and bizarre possibilities, trying to figure out what would work. Then it finally hit me as I was plastering myself with pun after pun, "Why not base a game on a 'key word' that people have to use? And how about making it into a short phrase?", which I found very quickly that I liked, and thought the rest of you might like as well... Honestly, I'm hoping this game will be self-sustaining, even when I'm away. So, up next are the rather simple rules of what I hope will turn out to be a fine game for everyone here on the forums...

Rules:

1. For every 5 2 pages (in other words, 100 40 posts, in-case you're not using the "20 per page" setting) of this thread, there will be a "key word" that you must use as part of a short phrase that you'll then think up and post.

2. When you post your short phrase with its' included "key word", your choice of words MUST be family-friendly, and also must be within the limits of Tip.It Forum Rules.
    (Failure to follow this rule WILL result in a report and a moderator's edit. I am greatly encouraging reports to the Tip.It Forum Admins in the event that someone wants to get dirty with their word choices. This is to be kept a CLEAN forum game, so foul words are off-limits!!!)

3. Failure to use the "key word" in your short phrase will result in being open to being utterly stomped in some weird manner by someone else in the thread, who will do that in the same post that they get to think up their short phrase on.

4. Short phrases that are posted must have enough space around them to make them fully visible to everyone else, as to avoid confusion during posting to the thread.

5. At the end of every 5th 2nd page (100th 40th post), a new word is to be picked by the person posting at that time, which will then be used for the next 5 2 pages (100 40 posts)...

6. Each new word that is chosen MUST be family-friendly, and also must be within the limits of Tip.It Forum Rules.
    (Failure to follow this rule WILL result in a report and a moderator's edit. I am greatly encouraging reports to the Tip.It Forum Admins in the event that someone wants to get dirty with their word choices. This is to be kept a CLEAN forum game, so foul words are off-limits!!!)

7. Should a person posting at a 5th 2nd page (100th 40th post) end line fail to pick a next word to continue the game with, they are also open to being utterly stomped, and it is up to the person stomping them to pick the next word.
    (Obviously, failing to stomp someone and then pick the next word will result in your own being open to getting stomped, so don't forget to pick that next word!)

8. No user's chosen posted phrase may be the same exact phrase as a previous user's chosen phrase, for any given single "Key word"...
    (Should any post be found to use the same chosen phrase, thereby repeating one that has already been used, the person who duplicated the previous poster's phrase is open to being stomped. Again, stomp them, post your phrase, and move on!)

Now, our first word for this thread is going to be...

"Knot"

...since it is what I was thinking of at the time I thought of this game... :P

Examples(which, obviously, you may not use yourself because I'm using them up right now) ...

"Knot funny!"

"Oh no, Knot again!" (Yes, HitchHiker's Guide pun there...)

"One Knot, or another..."

And that's it, folks! With eight simple rules, I leave it to you now to bring hilarity to this thread! :lol:

~D. V. "I have the feeling this thread is going to end up taking on a taste of 'Monty Python' in where it goes..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Seeing as I'll play my own game...

"Potential tied up in Knots!"

...which basically states what this game is like. I'll fully and completely admit, this game is a bit more intellectually-inclined in its' design, which is something I hadn't fully realized while typing it up. However, it isn't going to get to be very funny until it has had plenty of time to mature, and gotten through its' first 300 (at least this number is my minimum guess) posts. So stick around and stay tuned, because I'm sure there's more to happen once people actually read and take their best shot at joining into this game. :thumbsup:

BTW, this post basically shows and example, which includes myself following my rules on this game. It meets all the (in my opinion, reasonably designed, as I did try to keep this as simple as possible and still leave room for crazy people) requirements, and shows plenty of room for people to leave their thoughts. Heck, now I'm waiting for the LOLCats and such to show up. :lol:

~D. V. "It really ain't that hard to get into the groove!" Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Okay, come on... Do I really have to pull out the dictionary and put a proper definition to a word? :blink: ... You're making me feel a gigantic case of...

"More Knots to a headache..."

My head might as well implode as this rate. That, or I'm gonna have to time it so I end up picking a far better word for the next 100 posts. Or I'm gonna have to change the rules just slightly to accommodate this issue that you've all done a nice job of showing the hellbent hole in. Unless, perhaps, you can tell me why my rule set is fine as-is? :wall:

~D. V. "Augh, no!!! My head!!!" Devnull

(p.s.: BTW, I'll leave it to you to figure out if I'm firing off a ton of sarcasm or not. :P ...)

I do knot know how long these short phrases are supposed to be.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I'll definitely have to reduce it to 2 pages (40 posts @ 20/page) ... There seems to be a limit on how many ways we can easily come up with here to make a good pun of a single item. Heck, my brain is twisting just to think of something. :unsure:

BTW ... "One knot, or two?"

~D. V. "You're right, our brains will get stuck if I don't fix it." Devnull

There we go... Thread updated. BTW, I think this is called the removal of...

"Knot More"

...because I just cut the length down by 60%. Heh, I even broke the phrase out of the sentence. :P

~D. V. "Fix'd!" Devnull

There we go... Thread updated. BTW, I think this is called the removal of...

"Knot More"

...because I just cut the length down by 60%. Heh, I even broke the phrase out of the sentence. :P

~D. V. "Fix'd!" Devnull

Knote taken, be sure to knotice us on further updates.

16185_s.gif

• 1 month later...

Urgh, knot another game to bump. This is knot even funny anymore.

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm afraid I did knot understand what you just said.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12