The Game of Thrones TV series - Season 4

Earth_Poet

Okay.. I didn't find it that funny, but I guess it serves some purpose then. I have to admit I'm also a bit annoyed at scenes that draw out scenes a lot, because I'd rather have the time used elsewhere, the series has so precious few of it anyway. E.g. while I liked the Theon scenes this season at first, and enjoy both actors, I don't think they should have spent so much time on it....

I saw it as a nod to the books, more than anything.

[spoiler=If you're caught up in the TV show, you should be fine]

Book!Pod is painfully awkward, shy, has a very bad stutter, what-have-you. Nobody takes him seriously at all, and Tyrion is pretty sure they meant it as an insult when they chose him to squire for him. Everyone thinks the kid is an idiot, but he's just highborn enough to get some token perks in spite of everything, like being squire for a high lord that nobody likes.

Then the Battle of the Blackwater happens and it turns out he's probably one of the better fighters in the series, and book 3 reveals that he's considerably smarter than anyone would have guessed. He's also probably the only person in the kingdom that's genuinely loyal to Tyrion, who takes that sort of thing seriously. It's him 'paying his debts' in his typical over-the-top and sex addicted way.

The aftermath is basically everyone finally taking note of Pod. It's a collective "Wait, what?" from all of the information brokers and spies of King's Landing (read: everyone in King's Landing).

That was supposed to be funny? It wasn't at all....

Is this at me?

no, at langzor

you got me, i was trying to pass off my opinion of an ultimately subjective concept as fact

good thing I put a stop to that then

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Next episode is called the Rains of Castarmere and is written by George.

RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP

Wait, it's written by George too? Episode 7 was and he normally only does one...

So... This week will be it... I am wondering how they're going to do some of the things done in the book. So we'll see.

Anyways promo for this week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ20XZt81xU

And this guy made some awesome music...

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

The North Remembers...

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

If we're going for pics and such regarding this episode, this one's pretty cool:

6676_10151698770751098_272693400_n.jpg

And I really had to laugh at this quote "Sean Bean is so cursed to to die in fiction that Ned Stark died TWICE."

Not *that* funny, but who cares:

NyWzwfq.png

9Qs06UD.gif

• Like 1