Arma Solo woes..

Octarine

Ok, so, how can I improve my current solo arma setup/tactic, currently using:

V Helm, Arma Chest+skirt, Fury, alerter, CCBOW, Spectral, Unholy for minions+kc, Barrows gloves, sanakeskin boots, wealth

Using ruby (e) til around 2/3 health, diamond (e) the rest, praying rigour+item+range protect, using ovls, yak first then switch to uni after yak, eee for spec

Just did an 8 kills trip which frankly seems pretty awful, messed up the first one (didnt switch from broad bolts before going in >.<) but its still not atall great..

Accuracy was the main problem during the trip I'd say, using upto 4 or 5 brews on one kill just down to it being dragged out for that long

Obvious problems: Range level (not 99), snakeskin boots (inf? Rangers are kinda outta price range for now), wealth (archers?), V helm (arma?)

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Try a trip with uni only, I usually manage 11-14 kills that way (not the best, but for me it's good). I bring 1 uni pouch, 2 ovls, eee, just diamond bolts, grapple, broads for minis/kc, I think it was 5 super prays and 4 super restores, and rest brews. With a uni you don't have to brew as much as with a yak, so more time spent shooting at max range. Although my gear has arma helm, eagle eye kite, archer i, and ranger boots, though I would imagine those are just slight improvements.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

When I solo I use the same set-up as you only with a rune c-bow, zammy vambs, bss, ee instead of eee (1 extra inv. slot since no unholy book, and not much worse than barrows gloves), I use curses (ss flash minions and leech defence/range), and I use a tort instead of yak. I bring 3 ovl's, 6 super prayers, extra tort pouch, 1 uni pouch and scrolls, 1 super restore in invintory the rest brews. My tort has a 3:1 brew:rest ratio.

Right now I avg. 13 kills a trip, however when I first started I was down around 6-8. I find the key isn't so much the gear (snakeskin vs rangers, wealth vs archers, v helm vs arma) but about experience. Some of the things I learned that helped me improve my kc:

~time brews right before ovl boost (find out how many hits with c-bow before ovl boost)

~always keep you hp high to avoid having to spam brews if you get hit hard

~time how long it is before ovl wears off so you don't waste the 500 lp boost it gives (eee works well)

~find a world that has a population where you kill all minions before kree respawns (low spawn rate has the biggest impact when you use a unicorn. It allows you more healing per kill)

~be sure to dismiss yak right when its empty so that you can start using unicorn healing right away.

~time how long it is before you can use the alter again to save prayer(I just do it by kills, but I think its 10minutes)

~keep enough summoning special (20/60) for at least one heal so that if you get hit hard you can brew+unicorn (saves you from using two brews+ a restore)

~Use your unicorn to heal before a brew if you are above 40/60 special (having it at 60/60 when its natural recharge occurs lowers how much it heals/minute)

~if you have invintory space pick up ranging pot drops as they can be used in place of a super restore or to boost your range if you drink a brew right after the ovl boost occured (only use it in place of a super restore if drinking a super restore would waste prayer)

~b2p can be used which gives up to 320lp/kree (assuming all minions are killed, 4 inv spaces required)

~try to be attacking kree at all times to avoid being melee'd

~learning how to ss flash properly (not an issue for you since you use rigour. Although I have heard arguments for both rigour and curses (dps vs healing) I'm sure someone on these forums has some data to prove which one is better)

If everything I listed seems like too much, just pick one thing on the list and practice it on your next trip. Once you have perfected it, add somthing else from the list.With your stats and gear you should be able to get 12 kills a trip soon enough. And as for improving your set-up, I think the best thing you could do is to get your range up. Spending 20mil on chinning would help you out a lot more than a pair of rangers would. Also note that arma can be very inconsistant, some kills I won't use any brews at all and others I will drink 3 or 4 because the kill takes 5 minutes. Just remember that because sometimes you can do everything right and get a horrible kc.

Soldin_911.png

I think you already found the problem yourself. If accuracy is the issue, you need a higher ranged level and better equipment. That's really all you can do. Switching to Infinity boots will not improve your DPS very much.

If you're worried about accuracy, get down to the Frost dragons resource dungeon, and get a pair of Ranger boots. The attack bonus is a significant improvement over Snakeskin. Archer's ring (i) would help a lot, too, but use it for most of the fight, and switch on Ring of wealth when you're at the end. You can also try Eagle-eye kiteshield over the Spectral spirit shield. It has almost as much magic defense, but has range attack too. You could also go for a Divine / Elysian, but that'll take a bit more money.

I don't know if the Verac's helm is necessary with your current setup. If you don't need the added defense, perhaps switch it to more offensive gear too.

It's the 93 ranged thats really hurting your kills/trip. When making money for 95 prayer a few weeks ago I used the same set up as you, but I used arma helmet, rune crossbow, and diamond bolts for the whole kill. I have 99 ranged and I averaged 16-19 kills per solo trip.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.