barrows armour

nuttydoctor

probably a dumb question...but when should you repair barrows armour?? I presume the number next to it(my torag's platebody has 75 atm) indicates % something??....at what point/number does it become "worn out" and need fixing?And does its effectiveness decrease as this number goes down?...thanks folks that's all for now

probably a dumb question...but when should you repair barrows armour?? I presume the number next to it(my torag's platebody has 75 atm) indicates % something??....at what point/number does it become "worn out" and need fixing?And does its effectiveness decrease as this number goes down?...thanks folks that's all for now

Effectiveness does not decrease. You can fix them whenever you like, but I prefer not letting them reach 25%, since then they could break during combat and that wouldn't be very good.

crossed_body.png

Yeah the number is essentially %.

But it jumps from 100 to 75 to 50 to 25 to 0.

It wears out at 0 when it loses all stats and weildability.

Repair any time you like really the cost is per %.

So repair twice at 50 costs same as once at 0.

Worth remembering armour repair stand in POH offers reduced cost dependant on your smithing level up to 50%

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah the number is essentially %.

But it jumps from 100 to 75 to 50 to 25 to 0.

It wears out at 0 when it loses all stats and weildability.

Repair any time you like really the cost is per %.

So repair twice at 50 costs same as once at 0.

Worth remembering armour repair stand in POH offers reduced cost dependant on your smithing level up to 50%

Thanks again Sy...very helpful and to the point

Its much better to repair them in your POH.

All you need is a high smithing lvl, and an armor stand. You pay less then if you have a NPC repair it, too. Higher your smithing lvl, the less you pay to fix it

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

^ Yeah, but no point in mentioning that if it has no stats.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

^ Yeah, but no point in mentioning that if it has no stats.

If you're fighting something as it degrades chances are you were wearing it for the stats. So when it suddenly degrades and the only indication of it was 2 lines in chat (that you can easily miss if people are talking in clan/friends/etc.) the fact that it stays equipped is worth mentioning.

Riqualyn.png

Didn't they update it a few months back now so that at 0 if you have inventory space it does in fact un-weild itself?

I coulda sworn it happened in an "upgrade week" not that it makes a huge amount of difference as whether you are wearing it or not at 0 it has no stats.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I have never experienced that.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Didn't they update it a few months back now so that at 0 if you have inventory space it does in fact un-weild itself?

I coulda sworn it happened in an "upgrade week" not that it makes a huge amount of difference as whether you are wearing it or not at 0 it has no stats.

As of about two weeks ago, no, this does not occur

mythrandir.png