16-May-2011 � Lava Flow Mine

Michael

Don't forget that the hat eats up the hair on female characters. Yum yum.

Also, I was just thinking, even if the golden plate's effects are added to the Varrock plate (or vice versa), LRC miners probably still won't benefit from the full set effect, due to usage of goldsmith gauntlets for superheat.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The armor has a lot of detail, which becomes harder to see on a female character. Armor still looks okay, but you can tell that it's more designed for males.

It's the same for the Halloween Masks. They look more like monsters on males than on females. It's the only thing I don't like about mine.

The mime mask does the same thing. I can't remember the last time I could wear mine without looking like all my hair was cut off. :(

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Also, I was just thinking, even if the golden plate's effects are added to the Varrock plate (or vice versa), LRC miners probably still won't benefit from the full set effect, due to usage of goldsmith gauntlets for superheat.

It's not a "I have to have the full set to get the bonus" effect. Each piece adds up to be the 2.5% increase. It's noticeable when mining here that I'm gaining bonus exp when I only had the gloves and boots on. So therefore people can still use their goldsmith gauntlets if they wish and wear everything else.

At least, this is what I've been noticing STILL trying to finish my set. :(

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

FAQ:

What is the track leading out of the Lava Flow Mine for?

Mod John A: It leads to a little store-room where the dwarf miners keep miscellaneous spare equipment. Nothing particularly interesting or valuable.

Will my Stealing Creation pickaxes stack with the Lava Flow Armour?

Mod John A: Yes, but they add rather than multiply together if that makes sense. So if you would get 100XP and youve got the full gold armour set and the SC pickaxe, youll get 100XP (regular XP) + 2.5XP (for the gold armour) + 100XP (for the SC pickaxe) for a total of 202.5 XP.

Are Mining Urns of any use in the Lava Flow Mine?

Mod John A: No. The urns collect scraps from materials you acquire, and you dont get any materials from the Lava Flow Mine, so the urn doesnt help.

Will you add a feature to combine the Golden Platebody XP boost with the Varrock Armour from tasks? Varrock Armour is better than the platebody, thus making it useless.

Mod Mark: We are currently discussing this.

Why does the Penance Horn not work in the Lava Flow Mine?

Mod John A: Sorry, it was an oversight. Ill add the code to make it work.

Would you consider adding a themed world for the Lava Flow Mine?

Mod Mark: Good idea! We will suggest it to the relevant departments... but most of the worlds have a theme now. Are there any themes which arent needed anymore?

How much of this update goes into the Completionist cape requirements?

Mod John A: Completing the King of the Dwarves quest is obviously part of the Completionist cape requirements. Besides that, nothing in the Lava Flow Mine contributes to the Completionist cape. We considered requiring you to get the golden mining equipment, but the lumberjack gear doesnt count to the cape so we decided to be consistent with that.

Is it true that you can receive uncut Onyx from the Lava Flow Mine?

Mod John A: No. The only gems you can get from the Lava Flow Mine are the same ones you can get from regular mining (sapphire, emerald, ruby and diamond).

Will we receive Strange Rocks from this mine in the future?

Mod John A: Yes, it makes sense that strange rocks would occasionally surface in the lava flow. Well add these soon.

Any plans to make more of these outfits for skills like Fishing and Runecrafting which could come with XP boosts?

Mod John A: No plans at present, but its not impossible.

Seems like a lot of sense in this. Hope they come through with it

I really like the idea of the BA horn working too. Basically, once that's done, I can just get a bunch of SC axes, BA horn, maybe a couple of summon pots and lava titans, and get tons of good afk exp. Rather annoyed that they forgot it considering I spend the past few days before the update filling it up...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I really like the idea of the BA horn working too. Basically, once that's done, I can just get a bunch of SC axes, BA horn, maybe a couple of summon pots and lava titans, and get tons of good afk exp. Rather annoyed that they forgot it considering I spend the past few days before the update filling it up...

Now, now. Nobody's perfect. Surely we can forgive Jagex one little oversight. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

It's not a "I have to have the full set to get the bonus" effect. Each piece adds up to be the 2.5% increase. It's noticeable when mining here that I'm gaining bonus exp when I only had the gloves and boots on. So therefore people can still use their goldsmith gauntlets if they wish and wear everything else.

Boots 0.2 Gloves 0.2 Hat 0.4 Trousers 0.6 Body 0.8 = Set 2.2

The 2.5% is a bonus for wearing the full set.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Can anyone post a link to this FaQ?

EDIT: Nvm

New question: Does the BA horn work NOW? Or do we have to wait for the next update?

EDIT2: Nope. Next game update I guess.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Boots 0.2 Gloves 0.2 Hat 0.4 Trousers 0.6 Body 0.8 = Set 2.2

The 2.5% is a bonus for wearing the full set.

I think we are arguing the same point. :smile:

My apologies! I just have been running into people who think they need the whole set to get any type of bonus.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I look like a firefighter instead of a miner in the outfit. <_< Then again, it doesn't help that the Firemaking cape matches it. XD

Anyway, fun little update. Got the full set of armour, now I just need to get my pickaxe gilded. :)

7 hours have passed for me, and I've only seen boots. Oh well, a girl which is mining in my world is already busy since it came out and still hasn't gotten her first nymph, so I shouldn't complain.

People need to stop sitting there counting hours, that doesn't help anything...

I wonder how many nymphs have been missed by the people that have been mining for 3 days straight and complaining about no nymphs...

35b9enp.jpg

Yea the nymph does camouflage with the lava pretty well heh. I turned on sounds just in case I do somehow miss seeing it. :P

I got the full set + gilded 2 picks on the first day, and I was paying so little attention to the game I thought I might miss it. But nope, it stays long enough it's hard to miss. Didn't bother putting sounds on either. If you focus while mining there you're just gonna make yourself miserable.

2480+ total

I got the full set + gilded 2 picks on the first day, and I was paying so little attention to the game I thought I might miss it. But nope, it stays long enough it's hard to miss. Didn't bother putting sounds on either. If you focus while mining there you're just gonna make yourself miserable.

This.

Doing this while playing another game/chatting on IM is a great way to make the time go by. I remember that mining for 2 hours didn't seem long at all.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

This.

Doing this while playing another game/chatting on IM is a great way to make the time go by. I remember that mining for 2 hours didn't seem long at all.

TV. <3: But yeah. You don't watch yourself fish from level 1-99, you do other stuff while fishing. Same goes for this.

At 250k xp or so thus far and just got my gloves (took ~170k for boots). Had two mining level so far which is nice, at 76 atm.

Not sure if I'll stay here until 80 or just leave when I have the full set/gilded pick (which I hope will be before 80 lol). I sort of like this, don't really need to think and nice afkable mining xp :P.

This.

TV. <3: But yeah. You don't watch yourself fish from level 1-99, you do other stuff while fishing. Same goes for this.

I was watching me mine nearly the entire time I took me to get the set.

with at least 50 other people around, conversations simply couldn't be avoided.

although once the hype has gone, doing other stuff would be the better option...

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Finally got my full set. Now hopefully jagex will learn from this set just like they did from lumberjack and make the next set less of a grind. At least it made me finally get 85 mine.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Finally got my full set. Took a bit more than 400k xp.

Got my gilded pickaxe just 10 minutes after the plate, seems a lot of people get that quickly which makes me wonder if the rate is increased after plate?

Finally got my full set. Took a bit more than 400k xp.

Got my gilded pickaxe just 10 minutes after the plate, seems a lot of people get that quickly which makes me wonder if the rate is increased after plate?

Plate -> Pickaxe took me the longest to get, so I doubt it. :P