16-May-2011 � Lava Flow Mine

Michael

16-May-2011 Lava Flow Mine

Players who have completed King of the Dwarves will already have seen the Lava Flow Mine, where the dwarves of Keldagrim have tapped into channels of liquid rock in order to power their citys machinery. The lava flows require constant tending to keep the power supply steady, and the new king has finally decided to let humans into the mine to help out.

The Lava Flow Mine allows miners to gain a good rate of XP without producing any ore (although you have a chance of finding gems). You can mine anywhere in the area, but you get the maximum rate of XP by consulting the flow gauges and finding the place where the lava is flowing most slowly.

A few random events will pop up from time to time, and keeping an eye out for them could net you additional rewards. Boilers will break, and you can fix them for Smithing XP if you have the required level. Mischievous ancestor spirits will make off with the dwarves pickaxes, and catching them will give you a temporary bonus to Mining XP in the area. If you help the Tzhaar hero on his endless quest to catch a lava monster, everyone in the area will have an increased chance of finding gems.

Finally, the Liquid Gold Nymph may take pity on your dull clothes and give you pieces of an outfit so eye-achingly flamboyant that it grants a bonus to Mining XP everywhere in the world the complete outfit grants a total Mining XP bonus of 2.5%.

Mod John A

Senior RuneScape Content Developer

Summary:

Where to find the Lava Flow Mine:

Go through the entrance in the east wall of Keldagrim.

Requirements to use the Lava Flow Mine:

Must have completed King of the Dwarves.

Bring your own pickaxe.

In other news...

We've made a number of fixes and improvements to RuneScape's clan support and the Clan Camp. For a full list of these changes, please read this release's patch notes.

The image of the world map in the Downloads & Wallpapers section of the website has been brought up to date.

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

Weapons are now hidden when performing the veteran cape emote.

The Plank Make spell no longer flashes white in Safe Mode.

The amulet of zealots no longer stretches when resting.

The lunar teleport spells have been darkened when inactive to display the difference between the Catherby Teleport better.

Pauline from Livid Farm now stays floating when turning.

Beefy Bill's animations have been updated.

The Odd Old Man no longer stretches when stroking his beard.

Players now wield chaotic mauls with Torag's platebody correctly.

The Soul Wars cape no longer causes players heads to stretch when wielded with a facemask.

The dragon footprints in the tutorial no longer flicker.

The flags in the Drill Demon random event no longer stretch.

A flickering issue around the entrance to the Stronghold of Player Safety has been fixed.

Quests and Tasks

A typo on destroying the ruby key in While Guthix Sleeps has been fixed.

The Cant Touch This Task now functions correctly with players who have their max life points greater than 990.

The Skeletal Horror Task now appears in the Task List when not completed, instead of after being completed for the week.

Activities and Distractions

A typo has been fixed in the Artisans Workshop when smithing decorative swords.

It is no longer possible to take the royal wedding celebration items into Castle Wars.

Miscellaneous

The capes of distinction can now be stored on a POH cape rack by using the hood on the rack.

The upgraded completionist cape will now remain available even if a player has removed the statue of Dahmaroc from their POH.

Trying to play the max cape animation no longer complains about NPCs in the area.

The max and completionist capes now award the correct amount of coins on death.

The Remote Farming spell now states the correct information for grown magic trees and My Arm's herb patch.

The Runecrafting level-up message now states to go to Larriar for the skillcape.

A typo has been fixed on Baba Yaga's clothes rack.

Three tiles south of Falador can now be correctly walked over.

A typo on "Further information" in the Quick Chat guide has been fixed.

The Mining micro-tutorial has been altered to stop telling players about prospecting.

The Forinthry bracelets repel effect no longer carries over onto free worlds.

George Laxmeister in Piscatoris now talks about glassblowing instead of glassbowing.

Clans

Players can now temporarily switch off their Clan Chat channel in-game by clicking a button on the Clan Chat side interface.

The Friends Chat and Clan chat interfaces have been graphically updated to match the Friends List interface.

It is now possible to change your clan name by speaking to the clan scribe. This may be done once every 28 days, and only by the clans owner.

The clan vexillum now has a Teleport to Clan Camp option.

Players can now set members of their clan to be a Recruiter using a checkbox near to the Rated Clan Wars leader checkbox.

The bank pin system has been installed on clan owners leaving, demoting themselves or promoting deputies.

A notification system has been added to clan events that will remind players of upcoming events at 60-, 30-, 15- and 5-minute intervals. The notifications for each event can be turned on or off by viewing the event on the Clan Camp noticeboard.

A new Last guest clan entered feature has been added when trying to join a guest clan, similar to when joining a Friends Chat channel.

The clan national flags displayed is now using a current flag pack, and has had several new countries added to the list.

It is now possible to rematch a clan previously fought in Rated Clan Wars instantly once, before having to fight four other clans.

The time limit in Rated Clan Wars has now been recalculated to allow for shorter battles with fewer players.

Players banks will now open every time the player is killed in Rated Clan Wars.

The Clan Camp noticeboard will now correctly check if an event is in the past, taking the clan time offset into account.

"Clan Camp" has been added to the list of locations on the Clan Camp noticeboard.

"Any skill" has been added to the skill list on the Clan Camp noticeboard.

"Pest Control" has been added to the activities list on the Clan Camp noticeboard.

A typo has been fixed on Fist of Guthix on the Clan Camp noticeboard.

Added a drop-down the Clan Settings interface to filter clanmates by rank.

Reorganised all buttons on the Friends, Friends Chat and Clan Chat interfaces to the bottom. This includes moving the Leave Clan button from the Clan Settings interface onto the Clan Chat interface.

Chairs in the Clan Camp can now be sat upon!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a nice, simple, well-thought out activity that isn't useless, arbritrary, or annoying to play and should hopefully provide very decent high end Mining XP rates with small but noticeable incentives.

...did Jagex really design this...?

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

The Plank Make spell no longer flashes white in Safe Mode.

The amulet of zealots no longer stretches when resting.

The lunar teleport spells have been darkened when inactive to display the difference between the Catherby Teleport better.

Pauline from Livid Farm now stays floating when turning.

Beefy Bill's animations have been updated.

The Odd Old Man no longer stretches when stroking his beard.

Players now wield chaotic mauls with Torag's platebody correctly.

The Soul Wars cape no longer causes players heads to stretch when wielded with a facemask.

The dragon footprints in the tutorial no longer flicker.

The flags in the Drill Demon random event no longer stretch.

A flickering issue around the entrance to the Stronghold of Player Safety has been fixed.

Quests and Tasks

A typo on destroying the ruby key in While Guthix Sleeps has been fixed.

The Cant Touch This Task now functions correctly with players who have their max life points greater than 990.

The Skeletal Horror Task now appears in the Task List when not completed, instead of after being completed for the week.

Activities and Distractions

A typo has been fixed in the Artisans Workshop when smithing decorative swords.

It is no longer possible to take the royal wedding celebration items into Castle Wars.

Miscellaneous

The capes of distinction can now be stored on a POH cape rack by using the hood on the rack.

The upgraded completionist cape will now remain available even if a player has removed the statue of Dahmaroc from their POH.

Trying to play the max cape animation no longer complains about NPCs in the area.

The max and completionist capes now award the correct amount of coins on death.

The Remote Farming spell now states the correct information for grown magic trees and My Arm's herb patch.

The Runecrafting level-up message now states to go to Larriar for the skillcape.

A typo has been fixed on Baba Yaga's clothes rack.

Three tiles south of Falador can now be correctly walked over.

A typo on "Further information" in the Quick Chat guide has been fixed.

The Mining micro-tutorial has been altered to stop telling players about prospecting.

The Forinthry bracelets repel effect no longer carries over onto free worlds.

George Laxmeister in Piscatoris now talks about glassblowing instead of glassbowing.

Clans

Players can now temporarily switch off their Clan Chat channel in-game by clicking a button on the Clan Chat side interface.

The Friends Chat and Clan chat interfaces have been graphically updated to match the Friends List interface.

It is now possible to change your clan name by speaking to the clan scribe. This may be done once every 28 days, and only by the clans owner.

The clan vexillum now has a Teleport to Clan Camp option.

Players can now set members of their clan to be a Recruiter using a checkbox near to the Rated Clan Wars leader checkbox.

The bank pin system has been installed on clan owners leaving, demoting themselves or promoting deputies.

A notification system has been added to clan events that will remind players of upcoming events at 60-, 30-, 15- and 5-minute intervals. The notifications for each event can be turned on or off by viewing the event on the Clan Camp noticeboard.

A new Last guest clan entered feature has been added when trying to join a guest clan, similar to when joining a Friends Chat channel.

The clan national flags displayed is now using a current flag pack, and has had several new countries added to the list.

It is now possible to rematch a clan previously fought in Rated Clan Wars instantly once, before having to fight four other clans.

The time limit in Rated Clan Wars has now been recalculated to allow for shorter battles with fewer players.

Players banks will now open every time the player is killed in Rated Clan Wars.

The Clan Camp noticeboard will now correctly check if an event is in the past, taking the clan time offset into account.

"Clan Camp" has been added to the list of locations on the Clan Camp noticeboard.

"Any skill" has been added to the skill list on the Clan Camp noticeboard.

"Pest Control" has been added to the activities list on the Clan Camp noticeboard.

A typo has been fixed on Fist of Guthix on the Clan Camp noticeboard.

Added a drop-down the Clan Settings interface to filter clanmates by rank.

Reorganised all buttons on the Friends, Friends Chat and Clan Chat interfaces to the bottom. This includes moving the Leave Clan button from the Clan Settings interface onto the Clan Chat interface.

Chairs in the Clan Camp can now be sat upon!

Dag. Looks like this might even be better than the LRC. I love the look of the golden mining outfit. Very fancy. :thumbup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Not completely afk, it stops you from mining every so often.

Also, it's only about 30-40k mining xp\h.(99, Dragonpickaxe, no titan)

EDIT: Replace "every so often" with "every 1k xp" it stops you from mining and you have to reclick.

jagerbluebt1.gif

Whenever someone finds out can you see if you can get your dragon pickaxe gilded. I'm sure it'll be a few days before someone finds out, but I figured I'd put this out there to see others try and see if it can be done.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

at least theres some ok tweaks to clan system. could use some more though.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

I don't think to many players have done the quest, as it's a fairly new one.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Its actually ok when you get there, Im gonna at least try and get the full set of armour for bonus'

Does anyone know if getting all of the new armour is added onto the completionist cape?

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Its actually ok when you get there, Im gonna at least try and get the full set of armour for bonus'

Does anyone know if getting all of the new armour is added onto the completionist cape?

Wore my completionist cape to go to the place, so no it isn't a requirement.. they said they won't add items that you obtain as requirements since you can drop them.(Reason they didn't add spirit cape as a req :()

jagerbluebt1.gif

What the hell? I never knew this had an emote. #-o

Now I know what people were talking about when they asked me for an emote.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢